Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

too much going on in marlybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I've been playing for about a week as a member and i could not wait to get to marlybone, but once i got there my computer is a lot slower. Also, its only marlybone, i have gone back to other worlds starting with the first world. I had no prob's there or in the kroc world or in dragonspire when my friend asked me to port there with him. I think its because of ALL the the un-needed stuff going on in like the movment in the sky. I think that in low detail (what i always have it on) none of that should be there so that the game runs faster. :D

-Snowboy333

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I used to think that this was just me and my computer. I hated MB, especially Hyde Park. But in all the outdoor areas, I have major problems even walking. I turn off quest helper, go in low res, etc but it is of little help. Inside the counterweight and Big Ben I rarely have ahd a problem though.

One of my friends started playing about a month after I did and once he got to MB - exact same thing. His computer is much newer than mine and has much more memory and free space, but still he cannot move very well in the MB outdoor areas.

We both (along with one more friend) have small problems in one area of DS, but turning off quest helper there usually fixes it.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Dropping the detail down to low did help but it did not solve the problem in MB. I have noticed that none of the other worlds do this (with one exception I found last night in MS when a rather large band of Ninja Pigs went by). I have read in other posts that video drivers or poor video cards are responsible for the problem, but I say, "If that's what is causing the problem then why is it only an issue in MB?" I have upgraded my video driver as much as I can and short of going out and buying a beefed up video card I'm stuck with what I have. Thank goodness I am out of MB!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
i a lvl 42 and i think the world that took me the longest was marleybone.
even on low detail it still was too slow. it took me three days to complete hyde park and i get my homework done in only like five minutes so i have many much time to play. it took me so long because when my game froze in a battle zone my charecter ran in the street when it unfroze and i didnt have full health most of the time when this happened. MB drived me NUTS! i SO glad i finally finished it.

--- Destiny Rose

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
I totally agree with everyone... Marleybone is WAY to long! I just got to Hyde Park on my Death Wizard, and its too slow. I cant even walk because its too slow. Here are a couple ideas to fix it a bit: Less enemies, less detail and maybe even shorten the streets.

Thats all from me!

Luke SkyWalker GrandMaster Balance Wizard
Luke DeathWalker Adept Death Wizard
Luke StormWalker Aprentice Storm Wizard
Luke LifeWalker Aprentice Life Wizard
Taryn GoldSword Novice Ice Wizard (Idk why i made a girl but ok lol)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
I don't have the same problem, it works fine on my computer. But I still have the problem of it taking to long lol