Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elijah (Myth) speaks on chain

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I can see both sides of this. My fire wizard does uses choke occasionaly in pvp, but I do not chain stun as its a poor stratagy. The thing is choke takes 2 pips (or 1 power pip) It will stun everyone 1 round, but it also gives everybody a stun block. So if I were to cast it agin it would break the blocks but not stun . If all i'm doing is chokes I will have no sheilds or pips when someone dose get a shot at me.

I have also seen in 4vs4 matches where 2 wizards will constantly choke and stun while the other 2 pick of their opponents off one by one. IF noboby fizzles or fails to get their powerpips it will keep all oponents from casting anything. Firts stun stuns, second stun removes stun block and allows repeating next round. Pretty nasty tactictic but if anyone fizzles or dose not get a power pip all oponents hit (or should hit) the stunners to breack that cycle.

I myself do not do 4vs4 anymore because so many teams use it. I prefer 1vs1 as its a better test of skill, and even before chaining was an issue I liked that the 1vs1 matches go by faster.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
steveheffner wrote:
Firefly555 wrote:
PVP is ruining the game. I strongly dislike the term cheap and that is what everyone in ice school is being called by people who are so bitter about losing that they call an entire school names when really it is from several different schools. This is terrible and it really hurts my daughter because she has an ice character. I know chain stunning is wrong. but calling people cheap because you are mad at someone else is worse. Please separate pvp from the rest of the game. The same people are still complaining about the same people and we are tired of it. It has in some ways ruined the fan site wizard101 central. Where if you are not in agreement with everyone they treat you terrible and terrible things are being said. This is suppose to be a kid friendly game and pvp has created so much bitterness and bad behavior it is to the point where the rest of us are like you made them change treasures and stun spells what is it next? It not worth it. I have suggested a special deck that would only be for arena and only treasures sold by arena master can be used, but nobody supports this idea. Idk why?

Actually I like your idea about the arena, although I think I like your first idea the best. JUST REMOVE PVP, if folks want to pvp there are plenty of other games that do it frankly alot better then this game. That would allow KI to focus on this game instead of trying to do the never ending game of balance out all of the classes (no pun on balance class ;) ) which will never happen unless the game is designed from the ground up for just pvp.

REMOVE PVP!? u.have.got.to.be.kidding me. instead of finding a solution,instead of trying to fix the problem,instead of doing something productive, u say,"o just get rid of it. if it dosent concern me,do it!"...wow. just... wow. first off, pvp is a very big part of this game. if it was just gotten rid of many ppl would be extremely sad. many would quit.
second, the game is already created just fine for pvp. it wouldnt need to b created from the ground up 4 pvp. u hav, apparently, seen many ppl wailing about it, its unfairness,and other bla bla. ill admit, pvp isnt 100% perfect, but heres the secret. if u dont like it, stay away from it! ignore other rude ppl; pretend it dosent exist. pvp is fun, and there is no way there going to just take it out of the game.

Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

Delver
May 31, 2009
I cannot say I am without sympathy for the victims of those stunners being a victim myself. However it is a valid strategy, we are fighting people and people are creative, clever, and sneaky. Be more clever, sneaky, and lucky.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I'm an unapologetic chain stunner. Your opinion of me and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Enjoy corporal.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
i agree to this. this is way of the topic another thing that i hare is bolt users who have pvp gear they bolt over and over thats the only reason they are the rank they are we should be able to pick rules for the pvp and who ever doesnt like the rules well they can just go do something else.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Equcoe wrote:
aren't any of you, at all, familiar with the new stun lock
*reminder*read the new patches at least once a month*reminder*

it is a shield that prevents the next stun from going through, so this has been setup due to the responses such as yours

you can't report good strategy

seriously, it's a game!

don't take it personally

personally, i say it is all about attitude, and all of yours is on the negative side

look inside yourself, before you blame others

Let me explain why stun shield will not work, here we have a 4v4 team of chainers which consists of 2 fire, a balance, and a storm. First round both fires use treasure choke(choke-stun all enemies), balance uses treasure power pip bubble(45% chance of power pip), storm blades and there goes the stun block and you are paralyzed. second round fires keep on using chokes while balance blades storm, and so on, this continues until storm attacks with full buffs and kills your whole team. Anyone can do this but how is it fair? your team is paralyzed the whole match and you dont even get a turn. There are players that dedicate themselves to doing this and these are the chain stunners aka. "cheaters".
What can be done about this? kingsisle would have to step in and make stun for all a non treasure card, so that they would have a chance of fizzle and a player would not be able to spam (only 7 of them would be available in deck). Until that happens no 4v4 for me.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Kingsisle you really need to look into this. Here we have a major problem in the arena = exploiters aka chain stunners etc. We cant ban them it would seem too harsh(even though it would be nice -) hehe, joke. Everyone is talking about the problem but no one is giving the solution. Guess what I have a solution :-D take away their ability to exploit! Well how can we do this? Example, 2 fire, balance, storm. fires choke every turn(stun all) and balance and storm kills opposing team had no turn. Solution? = do not allow cards that stun all players to be made into treasure cards. Those stunners can still fit 7 stun cards in deck but those have a chance of fizzle and they dont pop up when they want, so they cant really chain stun and other team gets a turn so everyone is happy except the exploiters 8) If they really want to chain have them buy bartleby packs and get stuns off of there. Another thing, usually chain stunners team up with myth so the myth can earthquake off all stun blocks.....example 1 myth 3 storm, solution? = stun block cannot be taken off by earthquake like a convert, so you can spam stun blocks and not worry about being chained by the 3 storm after an earthquake. This will give more value to stun block, because right now it is worthless against myth. This will fix this problem we have with chain stunners and everyone can go back to enjoying 4v4 pvp. Happy Players = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
The answer is simple. If you don't like PVP, don't PVP. There. It's over.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
ok so me and some friends did a 4v4 the other day, we were to pirvates a sergeant and a verteran, we faced TWO warlords and to privates with full gear, the warlords were, so we went first and we bladed then they one person stunned then we got stun shield, the other myth stun and took it away, the to myths didnt attack AT all, they just stunned then the warlord stun just lorded till we died, does that sound fair? even with stun shields we lost, we went one time be the stuns began, they called us noobs for not winning, and we told them stuns dont need skill. noah wind shield 50 life, along side with, tabitha 50 ice, hunter 50 death, idk the other but she was balance

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
beto86 wrote:
Equcoe wrote:
aren't any of you, at all, familiar with the new stun lock
*reminder*read the new patches at least once a month*reminder*

it is a shield that prevents the next stun from going through, so this has been setup due to the responses such as yours

you can't report good strategy

seriously, it's a game!

don't take it personally

personally, i say it is all about attitude, and all of yours is on the negative side

look inside yourself, before you blame others

Let me explain why stun shield will not work, here we have a 4v4 team of chainers which consists of 2 fire, a balance, and a storm. First round both fires use treasure choke(choke-stun all enemies), balance uses treasure power pip bubble(45% chance of power pip), storm blades and there goes the stun block and you are paralyzed. second round fires keep on using chokes while balance blades storm, and so on, this continues until storm attacks with full buffs and kills your whole team. Anyone can do this but how is it fair? your team is paralyzed the whole match and you dont even get a turn. There are players that dedicate themselves to doing this and these are the chain stunners aka. "cheaters".
What can be done about this? kingsisle would have to step in and make stun for all a non treasure card, so that they would have a chance of fizzle and a player would not be able to spam (only 7 of them would be available in deck). Until that happens no 4v4 for me.

This happened to me 3 times in the span of 4 days last week, against different players. I've stopped 4v4 because of it. "Strategy" that does not even let the other team's players have a turn is most definitely cheating.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
First off, there are two types of players to consider here: the type that care only about winning, and the type who enjoy the combat. I think there is a simple way of keeping stun in the arena and cutting down the incidences of chain stunning: bump all non damage stun spells to 3 pips. I personally resent the chain stunners. They are one trick ponies with no respect for the other players. Most players I think are there for the combat, not necessarily for the win. And, sorry, if you are defending it, you are doing it.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
larryte wrote:
First off, there are two types of players to consider here: the type that care only about winning, and the type who enjoy the combat. I think there is a simple way of keeping stun in the arena and cutting down the incidences of chain stunning: bump all non damage stun spells to 3 pips. I personally resent the chain stunners. They are one trick ponies with no respect for the other players. Most players I think are there for the combat, not necessarily for the win. And, sorry, if you are defending it, you are doing it.

I have never run into this problem myself. I normally participate in 1v1 or 2v2, so perhaps I don't run into these teams. So forgive me if my comments are less than educated.

Perhaps simply allowing a stun shield to be cast even when you are stunned? That seems fair. You realize that they are stun chaining You lose your first turn, but you can still cast a stun shield to disrupt their patterns and fight back.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 12 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 11 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Sorcerer)

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Dalharil918 wrote:
Completely agree. We even had one of the opposing team trash talking while the other was saying "we are already fighting dirty no need to down talk them" cause he KNEW what they were doing was, in fact, dirty tactics.

Every single turn at least one person on the opposite team used an Area Stun. This happened in 2 matches back to back. Its cheap and lame... not a "strategy" as they claim it is. Yes this is "just a game" but I don't think it's fair for ANY game to keep a method of completely paralyzing the other team, especially if they expect those of us subscribing and buying crowns to get to areas to continue to do so.

Fact of the matter is all these player using chain stun are simply ABUSING a type of gameplay in the arena that allows them to steal rank and get free arena tickets.

There is no counter, no defense, no way to keep it from happening should the other team be one of these chain stunning groups. It would be different if we had gear or items that had some sort of stun resistance or immunity, but we don't.

Bottom line is all matches that are above 1v1 has these pairs and groups that stun repeatedly then all the other team had to do is just pick off one member of opposing team. Getting sick and tired of seeing this type of gameplay in a "child orientated" game. My 12 year old daughter can't understand why she isn't allowed to use any of her skills in duels with friends because she is stunned every single round.

We have 4 accounts total with my parent account and the 3 childrens accounts. My children love this game, but I will not watch them get upset over and over again cause they can't even attack at all in a duel and lose over and over. It just isn't fair for the older players to take advantage of these spells on the ranked pvp players or the young ones [WHICH IS WHO THE GAME WAS MADE FOR] These chain stunning groups are abusing these spells in the arena and something HAS to be done.

Either make the spells only stun ONE person, extremely high fizzle rate, OR give us items to defend against these chain stunners. There is something wrong when my daughter goes into a duel, never able to cast, and has to just sit and watch the other team kill her and her team mates.

Iam with you on this 100% it makes the game unfun for the kids.