Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elijah (Myth) speaks on chain

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
this is Elijah (Myth) and i would like to say to all the people of wizards101 who just play the game for PvP. chain stuns are wrong and proves that you dont deserve to be on the PvP top 100 players list such as carlos shadowflame (Fire). these type of players mess it up for K.I. because it make faithful customers of wiz101 leave the game because people misuse the stuns in the arena, especially those like myself who just play the game for PvP.

Everyday PvP goers know who and who not to go against because we are there all the time but to those who dont PvP everyday its unfair to those because they dont know who to look out for and have their rank stolen.
Yes i said stolen i am one of the top 100 players at PvP ranked. 1v1 - 4v4 lvl 40- 50 tier and my rank is warlord so when people stun throughout the whole match, we PvP goers call it rank stealing because it takes us all day to make it up because most of our matches give us 0-5 rank points and when we lose, we lose over 20 or more points so if a commander or lower come in and chains us they will take our rank from us and this is no fair to fair players in the arena and makes us cancel our subscription so please K.I. if not remove the stun make it where we cant make the stun a treasure and when it is used in the arena the stun card should be black so it cant be used back to back. i love this game and its one of the best i've played over the years and it would be a shame to lose good customers cause a simple problem that is ignored and cant be fixed. K.I i would like to say thank you for the top 100 players list it give us PvP goers finally something to play for but need to be updated on time because we are looking everyday around the time the new list is suppose to come out thank you EliJaH (Myth)

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I agree, chain stunning is really starting to ruin the game and is not because of the cards themselves, but rather the wizards using them. There's teams of wizards out there now who devote themselves to chain stunning and wiping away people's rank. People may say that rank doesn't matter, but it does now thanks to pvp gear. That gear not only gives permanent defenses to nearly rival a tower shield, but gives accuracy boosts to make even storm have guaranteed hits, attack boosts even greater than what balance blade gives, and allows wizards to have around 90% pip chance. These chain stunners are making it so that they get this overpowered gear and leave us to make do with regualr stuff because our ranks will be too low from being beat so many times.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Completely agree. We even had one of the opposing team trash talking while the other was saying "we are already fighting dirty no need to down talk them" cause he KNEW what they were doing was, in fact, dirty tactics.

Every single turn at least one person on the opposite team used an Area Stun. This happened in 2 matches back to back. Its cheap and lame... not a "strategy" as they claim it is. Yes this is "just a game" but I don't think it's fair for ANY game to keep a method of completely paralyzing the other team, especially if they expect those of us subscribing and buying crowns to get to areas to continue to do so.

Fact of the matter is all these player using chain stun are simply ABUSING a type of gameplay in the arena that allows them to steal rank and get free arena tickets.

There is no counter, no defense, no way to keep it from happening should the other team be one of these chain stunning groups. It would be different if we had gear or items that had some sort of stun resistance or immunity, but we don't.

Bottom line is all matches that are above 1v1 has these pairs and groups that stun repeatedly then all the other team had to do is just pick off one member of opposing team. Getting sick and tired of seeing this type of gameplay in a "child orientated" game. My 12 year old daughter can't understand why she isn't allowed to use any of her skills in duels with friends because she is stunned every single round.

We have 4 accounts total with my parent account and the 3 childrens accounts. My children love this game, but I will not watch them get upset over and over again cause they can't even attack at all in a duel and lose over and over. It just isn't fair for the older players to take advantage of these spells on the ranked pvp players or the young ones [WHICH IS WHO THE GAME WAS MADE FOR] These chain stunning groups are abusing these spells in the arena and something HAS to be done.

Either make the spells only stun ONE person, extremely high fizzle rate, OR give us items to defend against these chain stunners. There is something wrong when my daughter goes into a duel, never able to cast, and has to just sit and watch the other team kill her and her team mates.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Defender
Oct 03, 2008
It's a series of stuns done 1 turn after the other, creating a situation where the other team cannot do anything but watch as the chain stunner's teammate mops them up. The stuns of these wizards are almost always accuracy boosted treasure cards aided by accuracy boosts from gear, in order to ultimately have a 0% chance of fizzle. While people call this a fair strategy, ask yourself this: would an 8 year old think chain stunning is fair? I've yet to see a kid around that age who would answer yes, and this game targets kids around that age group, so you need to watch what strategies you use because kids will have a different definition of fairness.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Just wanted to say that i got my first chain stun today. Guy clearly intended to do it from the beginning. His name is morgrim ravenwalker (ice). I am wondering if this is a reportable behaviour or is it just looked down upon. I would love to report him but if its a waste of time then why bother?

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
aren't any of you, at all, familiar with the new stun lock
*reminder*read the new patches at least once a month*reminder*

it is a shield that prevents the next stun from going through, so this has been setup due to the responses such as yours

you can't report good strategy

seriously, it's a game!

don't take it personally

personally, i say it is all about attitude, and all of yours is on the negative side

look inside yourself, before you blame others

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
I agree, Elijah. My name is Wolf Nightwalker (Storm) and I, too ,am in the top one hundred. I haven't pvp'd this week due to chain stunners and know I will drop a few more spots. I mainly play the game to pvp, also and find it dis-heartening when people intentionally stun turn after turn. The shields coming soon are a good idea, however in group pvp, will not be enough. The reason is in 4v4, two people can use a stun attack and cancel out the stun shields, leaving the whole team open the next round. I am not sure what can be done, except to remove the low pip stun cards from accuracy boosts or from pvp altogether.

I know quite a few people who have already completely stopped playing this game because of the chain stunners in the arena. It's dissapointing and something more needs to be done to reverse the negative affect that has happened since chaining became a problem several months ago.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Hi! This is my first time writing on the message boards. I have to say that I myself do not think chain stunning is bad. I am a Magus Sorcerer and have been defeated in the arena by chain stuns many times. Some people may think that chain stunning is bad but I think all is fair in love and war. I actually think that Earthquake is worse than Chain stuns becuase it takes all the blades and shields and traps and everything and STILL does damage.

See ya in the Spiral!
Chase WillowWeaver level 32 Sorcerer

Survivor
May 06, 2009
This seems to be a PVP only problem and as an ice wizard, I really hope the stun shields don't apply to the enemies in the game. Some of my higher level fights take forever already.

Since the 4v4 teams can get around the stun shield solution, it seems there are a couple of very simple things that can be done to solve the problem. First, the stun spell should not be able to be made into a treasure card at all. Second, why not make a piece of PvP armor which reduces stun accuracy by 30-40% or better yet, increase the fizzle rate on the stun spell for PvP play. Either one of the above would make PvP play more fair.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
\
Equcoe wrote:

it is a shield that prevents the next stun from going through, so this has been setup due to the responses such as yours

seriously, it's a game!

don't take it personally

personally, i say it is all about attitude, and all of yours is on the negative side

obviously a chain stunner

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Hey durbin, it's me Morgrim Ravenwalker.

"Just wanted to say that i got my first chain stun today. Guy clearly intended to do it from the beginning. His name is morgrim ravenwalker (ice). I am wondering if this is a reportable behaviour or is it just looked down upon. I would love to report him but if its a waste of time then why bother?"

Nice try on giving me a bad name you whiner. Get some skill and don't whine because you lost.

Anyone who knows me knows, that I despise chain stunners.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
bigugly2005 wrote:

"Just wanted to say that i got my first chain stun today. Guy clearly intended to do it from the beginning. His name is morgrim ravenwalker (ice). I am wondering if this is a reportable behaviour or is it just looked down upon. I would love to report him but if its a waste of time then why bother?"

Nice try on giving me a bad name you whiner. Get some skill and don't whine because you lost.

there are more than one person with the same names, for example fiona ashblood i have met six different ones

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
bigugly2005 wrote:

by the way the name calling will do more to give you a bad name than the post you are responding to

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
In any competitive game, the thought is, "if it's in the game, it's fair game." You can't so much blame players for being "cheap." They are doing what it takes to win in a game. It's called "meta game" in many games. This will change as the devs tweak, buff, and nerf things.

Lets leave the name calling and pointing fingers out. As much as the devs may not like me saying this, they are the ones you should be pointing fingers at. They are the ones who decide what can and cannot happen in the game and they are the ones who can change it.

Until then, players are going to do what it takes to win. Just like countless of other competitive games in the past. Bunny hopping (many FPS). Wall-banging (Counter Strike). Fireball spamming (fighting games). Snaking (Mario Kart DS). These are all viable strategies representing players doing what it takes to win and are sometimes called cheap strategies. These examples are mostly games that you can easily control who you play against. So you can choose to play with people who don't use those tactics if you want. MMOs are a bit different. You're more at the mercy of the devs as you cannot choose who you play against in many cases.

I just hope you realize that, despite some people's attitude, they are doing what the devs allow them to do. Don't blame the player, blame the people who allow it to happen and hope it gets changed if your complaints are valid (like it has). Blaming other players is fairly unproductive and just looks like a bunch of finger pointing.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
PVP is ruining the game. I strongly dislike the term cheap and that is what everyone in ice school is being called by people who are so bitter about losing that they call an entire school names when really it is from several different schools. This is terrible and it really hurts my daughter because she has an ice character. I know chain stunning is wrong. but calling people cheap because you are mad at someone else is worse. Please separate pvp from the rest of the game. The same people are still complaining about the same people and we are tired of it. It has in some ways ruined the fan site wizard101 central. Where if you are not in agreement with everyone they treat you terrible and terrible things are being said. This is suppose to be a kid friendly game and pvp has created so much bitterness and bad behavior it is to the point where the rest of us are like you made them change treasures and stun spells what is it next? It not worth it. I have suggested a special deck that would only be for arena and only treasures sold by arena master can be used, but nobody supports this idea. Idk why?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Firefly555 wrote:
PVP is ruining the game. I strongly dislike the term cheap and that is what everyone in ice school is being called by people who are so bitter about losing that they call an entire school names when really it is from several different schools. This is terrible and it really hurts my daughter because she has an ice character. I know chain stunning is wrong. but calling people cheap because you are mad at someone else is worse. Please separate pvp from the rest of the game. The same people are still complaining about the same people and we are tired of it. It has in some ways ruined the fan site wizard101 central. Where if you are not in agreement with everyone they treat you terrible and terrible things are being said. This is suppose to be a kid friendly game and pvp has created so much bitterness and bad behavior it is to the point where the rest of us are like you made them change treasures and stun spells what is it next? It not worth it. I have suggested a special deck that would only be for arena and only treasures sold by arena master can be used, but nobody supports this idea. Idk why?

i support this idea Firefly555 because i have a ice wizard too but it should be like a starter deck every character should get one.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Firefly555 wrote:

Actually I like your idea about the arena, although I think I like your first idea the best. JUST REMOVE PVP, if folks want to pvp there are plenty of other games that do it frankly alot better then this game. That would allow KI to focus on this game instead of trying to do the never ending game of balance out all of the classes (no pun on balance class ;) ) which will never happen unless the game is designed from the ground up for just pvp.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Dalharil918 wrote:
Completely agree. We even had one of the opposing team trash talking while the other was saying "we are already fighting dirty no need to down talk them" cause he KNEW what they were doing was, in fact, dirty tactics.

Every single turn at least one person on the opposite team used an Area Stun. This happened in 2 matches back to back. Its cheap and lame... not a "strategy" as they claim it is. Yes this is "just a game" but I don't think it's fair for ANY game to keep a method of completely paralyzing the other team, especially if they expect those of us subscribing and buying crowns to get to areas to continue to do so.

Fact of the matter is all these player using chain stun are simply ABUSING a type of gameplay in the arena that allows them to steal rank and get free arena tickets.

There is no counter, no defense, no way to keep it from happening should the other team be one of these chain stunning groups. It would be different if we had gear or items that had some sort of stun resistance or immunity, but we don't.

Bottom line is all matches that are above 1v1 has these pairs and groups that stun repeatedly then all the other team had to do is just pick off one member of opposing team. Getting sick and tired of seeing this type of gameplay in a "child orientated" game. My 12 year old daughter can't understand why she isn't allowed to use any of her skills in duels with friends because she is stunned every single round.

We have 4 accounts total with my parent account and the 3 childrens accounts. My children love this game, but I will not watch them get upset over and over again cause they can't even attack at all in a duel and lose over and over. It just isn't fair for the older players to take advantage of these spells on the ranked pvp players or the young ones [WHICH IS WHO THE GAME WAS MADE FOR] These chain stunning groups are abusing these spells in the arena and something HAS to be done.

Either make the spells only stun ONE person, extremely high fizzle rate, OR give us items to defend against these chain stunners. There is something wrong when my daughter goes into a duel, never able to cast, and has to just sit and watch the other team kill her and her team mates.

it is a strategy actually first off its called playing smart, second they do have fizzles its not like its 100% and you can get your friends to make them fyi its called keen eye + that card

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
If they get rid of PvP, they are going to lose so many players and subscriptions, including mine. There is absolutely no end-game content for players when they finish the game, besides PvP. PvP is the only reason I stick around playing this game.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
nimbysep wrote:
\
Equcoe wrote:

seriously, it's a game!

don't take it personally

actually i play schools that can't use chain stun so there :-P

Deirdre Jadethief Life & Death
Diana Moonshade Death & Life
Suri Lightgrove Balance Spiritual (Death, Life, Myth)

aren't you precocious ?_?

so i read and pay attention... if only more people attempted to

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Chocolate2657 wrote:
this is Elijah (Myth) and i would like to say to all the people of wizards101 who just play the game for PvP. chain stuns are wrong and proves that you dont deserve to be on the PvP top 100 players list such as carlos shadowflame (Fire). these type of players mess it up for K.I. because it make faithful customers of wiz101 leave the game because people misuse the stuns in the arena, especially those like myself who just play the game for PvP.

Everyday PvP goers know who and who not to go against because we are there all the time but to those who dont PvP everyday its unfair to those because they dont know who to look out for and have their rank stolen.
Yes i said stolen i am one of the top 100 players at PvP ranked. 1v1 - 4v4 lvl 40- 50 tier and my rank is warlord so when people stun throughout the whole match, we PvP goers call it rank stealing because it takes us all day to make it up because most of our matches give us 0-5 rank points and when we lose, we lose over 20 or more points so if a commander or lower come in and chains us they will take our rank from us and this is no fair to fair players in the arena and makes us cancel our subscription so please K.I. if not remove the stun make it where we cant make the stun a treasure and when it is used in the arena the stun card should be black so it cant be used back to back. i love this game and its one of the best i've played over the years and it would be a shame to lose good customers cause a simple problem that is ignored and cant be fixed. K.I i would like to say thank you for the top 100 players list it give us PvP goers finally something to play for but need to be updated on time because we are looking everyday around the time the new list is suppose to come out thank you EliJaH (Myth)

chain stunning can get annoying but why dont you stun back or something like that and dude seriously it isnt fair do something about it there are tons of ways to get a stun shield tons of ways to stun back you can even use wildbolt if you want cause you know what ITS PART OF THE GAME deal with it so what they do that not only that but you have no right to call people out on here seriously you got a problem with them then say it to theyre face and dont say it on the message boards cause of people like you who are to lazy to do something about things like these that this game is turning into a pvp war not even a game i use to get chain stunned a lot guess what i did i got a stun shield i made tyhem fizzle i stunned back now my rank is slowly going up so how about you can keep your rank if you actually try and stop bothering chain stunners and i dont chain stun in every match i do occasionally stun though and sometimes i just chainstun to tick people like you off not to win

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
nimbysep wrote:
\
Equcoe wrote:

seriously, it's a game!

don't take it personally

obviously someone who lets a game take control of his life AKA hater

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
First off, I DO NOT CHAIN STUN!!! (okay then xD)

Chain stunning is part of the game. It is a strategy. It can be extremely effective. Many people rank up from it. Many people rank down. People complain about chain stuns. People love chain stuns.

Without stunning, where would that leave ice giant? Ice giant can't be stronger than colossus, but it would be just unfair if stun was removed from that.

Storm, on the other hand, could probably loose the stun. (I am a storm wizard T.T) It is stronger than tempest with seven pips and it deals damage to all.

Choke is a fire card, correct? Fire has that card to keep it fair, that all elementals have stuns. (I think xD)

Chain stunning is a strategy! It isn't suppose to make so many people mad. I remember a while ago, my friend were waiting in a 4v4 to start, so we were talking. One of my friends brought up chain stunning, then I said, "lol! Yeah, we're gonna stun them all!" Which we weren't. Then someone walked over and said, "You know it's not fair to chain! It's cheating." I found it kind of strange that he suddenly had popped into our conversation. So I had said, "It's a joke dude." But before it got through I had teleported away to our game. I find it really strange how deffensive people are! After all, it is a GAME .

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Penguin4ever wrote:
First off, I DO NOT CHAIN STUN!!! (okay then xD)

Chain stunning is part of the game. It is a strategy. It can be extremely effective. Many people rank up from it. Many people rank down. People complain about chain stuns. People love chain stuns.

Without stunning, where would that leave ice giant? Ice giant can't be stronger than colossus, but it would be just unfair if stun was removed from that.

Storm, on the other hand, could probably loose the stun. (I am a storm wizard T.T) It is stronger than tempest with seven pips and it deals damage to all.

Choke is a fire card, correct? Fire has that card to keep it fair, that all elementals have stuns. (I think xD)

Chain stunning is a strategy! It isn't suppose to make so many people mad. I remember a while ago, my friend were waiting in a 4v4 to start, so we were talking. One of my friends brought up chain stunning, then I said, "lol! Yeah, we're gonna stun them all!" Which we weren't. Then someone walked over and said, "You know it's not fair to chain! It's cheating." I found it kind of strange that he suddenly had popped into our conversation. So I had said, "It's a joke dude." But before it got through I had teleported away to our game. I find it really strange how deffensive people are! After all, it is a GAME .

chain stunning is NOT a strategy. If the team chain stunning goes first, the other people don't even get a chance to resist against it. Is that fair? chain stunning is WRONG.