Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happens if you flee in a a ranked match at Pv

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 15, 2009
The other wizard that didn't flee get arena tickets and ranked ratings
while you get no mana lose ranked ratings and dont get arena tickets

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Losing RR when you lose a PvP fight is bad game design. It punishes people from trying to participate in the areans, especially the lower level players who find them selves pitted against players of much higher level. It's lopsided and my son who plays this game (he's only 8 for crying out loud) has been playing for over a month now, is at level 29, and is trying to get ranked rating to get decent stuff, he goes into these battle and gets smoked, and loses RR that he earned elsewhere.

This is a bit punative don't you think? Why is this done? I can see not awarding people with anything for losing, but taking away? That cuts into the bone. I'm his dad and while I don't play this game, I play other MMOs and none of them have this kind of penalty to leveling. Defintely not fair to the lower level players.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
ok, let me clear this up! If you press esc then quit in book you go to character selection screen screen then you re-enter the game and you don't lose mana. If you do it during the timer, you don't lose mana, ranked rating rating or tickets. Well you would not gain tickets anyway whether you press flee or esc.

Hope that helps!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
loganvc123 wrote:
Losing RR when you lose a PvP fight is bad game design. It punishes people from trying to participate in the areans, especially the lower level players who find them selves pitted against players of much higher level. It's lopsided and my son who plays this game (he's only 8 for crying out loud) has been playing for over a month now, is at level 29, and is trying to get ranked rating to get decent stuff, he goes into these battle and gets smoked, and loses RR that he earned elsewhere.

This is a bit punative don't you think? Why is this done? I can see not awarding people with anything for losing, but taking away? That cuts into the bone. I'm his dad and while I don't play this game, I play other MMOs and none of them have this kind of penalty to leveling. Defintely not fair to the lower level players.

I agree with this under the current PvP setup where you can get thrown in with 50s at any level but i too play other MMOs and although most dont have this some do and it works when there are brackets. The reason i defend this way of doing things is because if it wasn't like this it would be very easy to level up in ranking and also someone who is even any good would have access to the items you can get from the arenas. If there were level brackets to make matches fair i would say that losing RR is good when you lose a duel.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Well, now that I've taken over the PvP aspect of my son's character, and kicking some behind in the Arenas the last few days, I get the RR thing now (a bell curve of sorts).

Once thing I would like to see is getting XPs from PvPing. From what I can tell, I get no XPs for beating people in ranked PvP. Is there anyway that you can get XPs via PvP besides mission grinding?

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Well if you flee in a PvP match, you wont be able to join another in 5 minutes, and you lose all your mana I think.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
loganvc123 wrote:
Well, now that I've taken over the PvP aspect of my son's character, and kicking some behind in the Arenas the last few days, I get the RR thing now (a bell curve of sorts).

Once thing I would like to see is getting XPs from PvPing. From what I can tell, I get no XPs for beating people in ranked PvP. Is there anyway that you can get XPs via PvP besides mission grinding?

why should you get xp from pvp, which is a side thing not a game lvl area? as it stands now, prior to the release of gh you can reach grandmaster in mooshu, why would anyone want to have yet another area were you get xp to reach a lvl cap that most people claim is to low?