Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase Hydra

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
I think Hydra is a great card, but it has three heads and only attacks one person. i ask would it be cool if each one of Hydra's heads attacked a different person, and did around four hundred per head instead of its original? Hydra should be better than it is now!

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I agree. Hydra is pretty much useless, espeically against an elemental enemy. For one, the enemy is already resistant to one of the head's attacks, then they usually put up a shield against another one. If I remember correctly, it's 6 pips and does like 190 base damage per head. That's 570 in base damage for 6 pips. Judgement does 600 for 6 pips and there most likely won't be a shield against it. I know you can put up blades and traps to increase the damage, but with the elemental shields and the elemental enemy's "natural" resistance, the spell really becomes a waste of pips, especially since it costs pips to cast the boosts.

I never really used it due to it's disadvantages. Never really used Power Nova either - what a horrible level 48 spell THAT was. :?

Cat

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
i toatally agree! they should at least make a balance prism so that any elemental spell that is cast at a creature that has the prism on it should turn it into a balance spell. Or at least having another balance spell added called hydra's ghost or something like that and it does 210 or 220 life death and myth damage that way you have a choice in case you are using hydra on,let's say, a fire creature and he has fire resistance and an ice shield then you can you the spell: hydra's ghost (or whatever KI wants to name it if they decide to add it) and the shieds aren't in the way and the battle would go a little bit faster. please staff at KI at least think about! pls pls pls pls pls

-dedicated gamer,
Elijah Soulcaster lvl 36 death/balance/life wizard

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Hydra as an AOE would be a great idea IMO.

Hydra damage as it is is quite good, if fact, what you see as a disadvantage is really an advantage. Lets say you are fighting a Fire Enemy with an Ice shield up. The Blue head deletes the shield, the Red head damage gets mitigated, but the Purple head hits for full damage; your spell is still about 60% effective. An Ice Wizard casting an Ice spell on the same monster would only inflict 20% damage.

Additionally Hydra is one of the most useful Balance spells because it can be boosted (SIX times) by Elemental Blade and Elemental Trap. Try to remember, the real damage of a spell is not primarily determined by the base damage of the spell, but the boosts that are used in conjunction with it.

It is funny the things people complain about