Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what does this spell do?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
calm is the name its a life spell and all it says is

lowers the treat on target

umm so what does that mean?

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Don't quote me on this, but I think that on monsters it causes them to attack other people instead of you. I could be wrong though.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
sagehyuuga wrote:

Ok, so if your playing against npc's (non-player characters) and you cast that on one then they will go after another person. Say you and your friend are fighting a boss and you cast that then the boss will attack your friend and not you.
P.S. This only works on N.P.C.'s

-Ronan Sunstrider (level 44 pyromancer)

Defender
May 06, 2009
sagehyuuga wrote:

Just what it says, if you are solo it doesn't do anything, if you are in a group it means that the mob will have less inclination to want to attack you. It is basically the reverse of a taunt.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
I think you mean 'Lowers the threat on target' this only works on NPC'S Say you are in a NPC duel, this card will lower the chance of you getting hit by that enemie. Note: will only work on life enemies(in your case) i think this is how it works and i hope it is the correct card that you refer to.

-Swift

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
All of you are mostly right.

Well it was right until that last part was tacked on.

Calm

Lowers Threat on Target.

Your in a dual with a boss and you have two other people with you. During that dual you start getting low on hit points. The other two people are nearly full of hit points. So you cast Calm. The boss then will "likely" pick someone else to attack for the next round. So basically the spell gives you a blank slate on how much the boss hates you.

Other MMO's have what is called threat meters which are add on's that tell you how much a monster wants you dead. Like those other games this game as a similar mechanic.

Calm being life school does not only work on life monsters. It isn't limited to that. Neither are the other schools version of it.

Hope this helps,

Lial Lifemender