Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage values not being displayed

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 15, 2009
Whenever there is a tall foe (like the kroks) in the dagger slot (first spot on the left), the value of damage done to that foe never displays, for it begins off the top of the screen and floats upward.

Can the damage values begin to float a little lower, such as at the foes feet or at a fixed altitude rather than relative to the height of the foe?

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Also it would be nice if the numbers had a different colored outline, since sometimes I can't see the damage if I have Link on the monster and it's on fire.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I second both of those requests. I particularly wish fire spell damage were in a different color for when I am on fire and want to know how much damage per round that heck hound is going to do.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I agree with this request. My memory is not what it used to be so sometimes it is difficult to even do the math. Ultimately, all we need to know as players is whether the opponent is still standing or if they have been defeated but knowing how much damage was done helps to improve buff usage in future battles effectively making us better players. So, important? Yes, I think so.

Hero
May 02, 2009
actually, the damage is shown, but because of the enemy's hieght, it makes it difficult to make out the damage. :?

I kinda agree that it does need to be changed, like maybe having the damage appear on the side of the enemy instead of above them.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
I agree. It would be nice if there were a chat window just for combat messages.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I agree also - perhaps the damage numbers could be black with red outline, and be displayed at the enemy's feet rather than head.