Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sir reginald Baxby (the big game hunter)

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 19, 2009
does anyone know anything about Sir reginald Baxby the big game hunter who is in several differnt worlds? I am lv 50 and i still have no idea what his purpose is

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I have also wondered this too....He has yet to give a quest or even a pop up to talk to him. Can someone please tell us why he there and when will he give us a quest.

Thanks DarthNexus for asking this question!

Defender
May 06, 2009
I have heard that he used to give people quests to go kill X number of various creatures. Maybe with the addition of the new worlds, it was no longer necessary to give people more ways to earn XP? I say this because I did all the side quests along the way and ended up hitting level 50 before getting to the last few areas of Dragonspyre.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Yeah, can this guy please do SOMETHING?! So far he's done nothing but sit there and look cool. :-(

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I think he is just a colourful statue zebra who just stands there and is part of the scenary.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
From what I have heard, Sir Reginald used to send players on hunts, large-scale crusades against certain monster types, like Undead.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
i don't know why he's there but i think they have him for something that in the future the will update the game for. mabey a quest or shop, possibly the 8th school.

Administrator
Professor Greyrose posted this:
https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/5784.ftl#28538
Baxby does a strong but silent job of keeping creatures out of the central areas of the worlds of the Spiral, so that our young Wizards are safe. The creatures who inhabit these worlds fear his rare firearm and his steady, earnest gaze.

Without Baxby standing guard who knows what evil would encroach into the safe areas of the different worlds...

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Hero
May 19, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Professor Greyrose posted this:
https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/5784.ftl#28538
Baxby does a strong but silent job of keeping creatures out of the central areas of the worlds of the Spiral, so that our young Wizards are safe. The creatures who inhabit these worlds fear his rare firearm and his steady, earnest gaze.

Without Baxby standing guard who knows what evil would encroach into the safe areas of the different worlds...

thanks for the answer but from what the others said is it true that at one point he gave out quest and if he did why did they put a stop to it

Administrator
During our Beta period (a time before a game is launched to the public) invited players could preview the game.

At that time, Baxby had a quest. Since then, that quest was turned into simple badge rewards for defeating large numbers of the same creature.

For now, he protects the common areas of the Spiral from those very creatures he once asked you to defeat.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 19, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
During our Beta period (a time before a game is launched to the public) invited players could preview the game.

At that time, Baxby had a quest. Since then, that quest was turned into simple badge rewards for defeating large numbers of the same creature.

For now, he protects the common areas of the Spiral from those very creatures he once asked you to defeat.

thx, but now i have a off topic question do you know where and how i could go to sign up to play the Grizzleheim beta, if its still even possible

Administrator
The Test Realm is currently Closed.

We will announce here on the message boards, as well as on the Ravenwood News when it becomes available.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
So what your saying is that Sir Reginald is just there for eye candy because to me he does not seem very intimidating, I mean come on a zebra with a big gun. Why not a lion with a big gun something that would actually scare the baddies away? Or even a Tiger with a big gun. A zebra is easy prey out in the wild for lions, they may run fast but eventually they get caught. Simeon is another one that is just there for eye candy because once you hit 15 and get the housing quest he is not much useful for anything else.