Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

inappropriate?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
I am here to say I view the attacks of Gobblers on Colossus Boulevard inappropriate. I don't even see why it would even be considered to use as an attack. I mean, passing air and burping not very good attacks to use on a "friendly and safe" website. I mean no disrespect, but come on!

And speaking if inappropriate: the Humongofrog attack is also inappropriate. Does he really need to bring up his food for an attack?

Anyone agree? Anyone?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
DyWiz527 wrote:
I am here to say I view the attacks of Gobblers on Colossus Boulevard inappropriate. I don't even see why it would even be considered to use as an attack. I mean, passing air and burping not very good attacks to use on a "friendly and safe" website. I mean no disrespect, but come on!

And speaking if inappropriate: the Humongofrog attack is also inappropriate. Does he really need to bring up his food for an attack?

Anyone agree? Anyone?

Bonjour! I totally disagree. I think it is hilarious.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Defender
May 28, 2009
The games rating specifically says, "Crude Humor" and "Mild Fantasy Violence". So, no one is trying to hide the fact that the Gobbler act the way they do. This is simply prepubescent humor at its finest! I find it strange that someone would have a problem with Gobblers but not mention a word about the violence. So it's grouse. Your sons (if you have any) will LOVE IT! Just fight you way through that area and you don't ever have to go back. As for the Humungofrog.... shrug.... close you eyes? That's what my boys MeeMee does when she plays the game with them.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
DyWiz527 wrote:

Anyone agree? Anyone?

Colossus Boulevard is not a required zone to continue on in the game (although I do believe the Gloria Krendal clothing side quest does send you there to fight The Great Troll). So you probably could skip the street entirely if the gobblers bother you that much.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think it's really a nice change to have the "toxic gas" attack or the "spew chunks" happen duing a battle when everyone else is burning up or freezing or electrifying each other. If you turn off the sound effects, they aren't --quite-- as offensive. Part of the appeal of this game is the great inventiveness and sense of humor on the part of the programmers.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I bet you are one of those people who helped get the original Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry cartoons yanked from airwaves.

It's a game for kids. Guess what? Kids think farts are funny.

And so do I.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I do agree they are both rather disgusting. But I must say my kids love it. As the saying goes "Boys will be boys" and they find it funny. Not to mention it's something they do themselves often for a laugh which is fine as long as it's not at my dinner table. Now one of my sons does find the frog disgusting which amazed me but he mentions it everytime someone uses the card.

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
crusher2488 wrote:
I bet you are one of those people who helped get the original Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry cartoons yanked from airwaves.

It's a game for kids. Guess what? Kids think farts are funny.

And so do I.

the tom and jerry show isnt gone its on boomerang(if you have cables its channel 102) and ive seen looney toons recently on that same channel

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
DyWiz527 wrote:

Anyone agree? Anyone?

NO ONE AREES!!!!
It is funny and even on the raiting thing it says crude hummor and it is FUNNY i cant believe i am posting on something that is not a big deal This game is made for kids like me and i happen to think it is funny and if you dont like it dint play this game no one is making you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grrr... LOL
Cya in the spiral
Alex wildbreaker
Lvl 48 fire mage

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I don't find it funny, I personally think it's not respectful to have someone pass gas at me.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
of course its not respectful. The thing is trying to do you in isn't it? Step away from the computer and repeat ten times, "it a kids game.".

Defender
May 28, 2009
Alex1646 wrote:
Grrr... LOL
Cya in the spiral
Alex wildbreaker
Lvl 48 fire mage

LOL when I first saw your signature I thought it said Alex Windbreaker! THAT would have been appropriate! Not trying to make fun of you name or anything but that would have been hilarious.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Whiterose2 wrote:
I don't find it funny, I personally think it's not respectful to have someone pass gas at me.

But it isn't someone passing gas at you. It's only a game and a character on a screen. It's not a personal attack or insult directed at you.

And to the OP, yes, kids do find farts to be funny. My mother hates the Three Stooges. I love them. It's a difference of opinion on what constitutes humor. I've seen dozens of kid's movies use farts as a source of humor. The Drew Carey Show had an episode revolve around that subject too. You may not find it funny, but it is appropriate and an acceptable form of attack.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
The rating is E10+, and in it is "Crude Humor," and since kids (like me!) think farts are funny, and throwing up too, then its okay.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
You find this inappropriate, and don't think turning people into living fireworks, giving them hypothermia, electrocuting them, giving them poison ivy, sucking their soul from them, or summoning things to throw hammers and clubs at them is unacceptable?

I'll get back to you on how that makes sense.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Blazian wrote:
You find this inappropriate, and don't think turning people into living fireworks, giving them hypothermia, electrocuting them, giving them poison ivy, sucking their soul from them, or summoning things to throw hammers and clubs at them is unacceptable?

Yes, but they do it with proper manners!

Personally, I couldn't stop laughing at, "I think we'll call it, 'New Gobblerton'."

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Geez, you're calling flatulence in a game inappropriate? What's next? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that's natural and I know you've done it too and will do it again whether you hide it or not.

I think this is one of those cases where the parent is going way too far and crazy with the censorship thing. A lot of kids find this funny, it's hardly going to turn them into a hardened criminal. If you're this easily offended, you probably shouldn't own a TV or a radio or a computer at all because there's much worse than a fart or a burp out there and you can't censor everything which is a very good thing because people who find something like blinking inappropriate and have no sense of humor or any semblance of an interesting life would ruin everything for everyone regardless of how bad or good it is or isn't. And good luck sending children out into the world who are entirely sheltered, from everything and anything you don't approve of, it'll be rough.

If you can't stand it or humor of any sort, you shouldn't play a kid's game, you probably shouldn't play anything at all because you'll always find something to censor and most stable, well-adjusted people don't want that and aren't bothered by everything and everyone around them. You might want to consider why you allow a children's game that isn't causing anyone any harm to bother you so much. I'm probably far younger than you...so is my boyfriend...and I think he's quite wise when he says it's immature to let something like a game bother you. I really think you could learn from that, honestly, because he's right.

And by the way, my brother and I found it funny and we're still rather young ourselves just in case the "it's funny" thing is questioned.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
LaadyX wrote:
Geez, you're calling flatulence in a game inappropriate? What's next? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that's natural and I know you've done it too and will do it again whether you hide it or not.

I think this is one of those cases where the parent is going way too far and crazy with the censorship thing. A lot of kids find this funny, it's hardly going to turn them into a hardened criminal. If you're this easily offended, you probably shouldn't own a TV or a radio or a computer at all because there's much worse than a fart or a burp out there and you can't censor everything which is a very good thing because people who find something like blinking inappropriate and have no sense of humor or any semblance of an interesting life would ruin everything for everyone regardless of how bad or good it is or isn't. And good luck sending children out into the world who are entirely sheltered, from everything and anything you don't approve of, it'll be rough.

If you can't stand it or humor of any sort, you shouldn't play a kid's game, you probably shouldn't play anything at all because you'll always find something to censor and most stable, well-adjusted people don't want that and aren't bothered by everything and everyone around them. You might want to consider why you allow a children's game that isn't causing anyone any harm to bother you so much. I'm probably far younger than you...so is my boyfriend...and I think he's quite wise when he says it's immature to let something like a game bother you. I really think you could learn from that, honestly, because he's right.

And by the way, my brother and I found it funny and we're still rather young ourselves just in case the "it's funny" thing is questioned.

here is an older players opionion i like the attacks!!!!!!
i turn the vollume off for most of the game, but when i go to gobbler town i turn it up if my boys are home they are old nough to drink and the other old enough to drive and we crack up over this plz don't change it we all laugh about it! my son calls his grandfather just to let him hear it!

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
LaadyX wrote:

This is EXACTLY my point, the chat filter thinks kitchen is a dirty word, only if I'm the one stuck cleaning it is it dirty. They went off the deep end with the filter yet it is ok to pass gas to kill someone. double standard? you decide.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Blazian wrote:

I'll get back to you on how that makes sense.

LOL yer a riot

Defender
May 15, 2009
in?ap?pro?pri?ate [in-uh-proh-pree-it] Show IPA
–adjective not appropriate; not proper or suitable: an inappropriate dress for the occasion.

The issue isn't whether its funny or not, its whether its inappropriate or not.
It doesn't appear out of place at all, gastrointestinal comedic preferences aside.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:

sorry of course no one does but its a game on the compter! no one is really going to do that in real life. deal with it or dont have your kids play the game but no offense you dont need to be so protective they find everything out evenchually anyways

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
Whiterose2 wrote:

many things in this game arent respectful is rated E10+ so if you dont mind someone casting spells at you that hurt you then why would care about the gobblers attack??

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
DyWiz527 wrote:

Anyone agree? Anyone?

Ha! Yes, it may be disgusing, but its HILARIOUS!