Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

inappropriate?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I disagree. While it's disgusting, it's still amusing, and frankly, we can't censor every single thing that might be the least bit resembling anything we'll see in life and thus offend someone ("here! Have a perfectly non-offensive game! You just sit and look at a green wall." "But I'm red/green colorblind! YOU ARE OFFENDING ME!"). People are different, and someone will always be offended by something else - and trying to remove all offensive things just makes the world so very dull. Farts are funny - especially so to kids.

My only problem, if any, is that the game zooms in so much while the Humongofrog uses his attack that I have to close my eyes. Even though it is hilarious to watch from outside the battle...

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Yeah, I'm a mom, and bodily functions aren't on the top of my list of things to teach my kids ... but I have boys, and they think it's hilarious ... go figure! :D

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I kind of agree with you. I don't really think it is inappropriate, but it is very gross.
I mean the glober comes into the battle feild and does his thing. I am very grossed out about it. So that is just my opion.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
DyWiz527 wrote:
I am here to say I view the attacks of Gobblers on Colossus Boulevard inappropriate. I don't even see why it would even be considered to use as an attack. I mean, passing air and burping not very good attacks to use on a "friendly and safe" website. I mean no disrespect, but come on!

And speaking if inappropriate: the Humongofrog attack is also inappropriate. Does he really need to bring up his food for an attack?

Anyone agree? Anyone?

I agree it may be a little silly, but this is an E10+ game and if you can't get over that don't play wizard101. Its about the fun of the game anyways.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
crusher2488 wrote:
I bet you are one of those people who helped get the original Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry cartoons yanked from airwaves.

It's a game for kids. Guess what? Kids think farts are funny.

And so do I.

Totally Agree!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Whiterose2 wrote:
I don't find it funny, I personally think it's not respectful to have someone pass gas at me.

Its Just a game, get over it!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
8) I personal think Wizard101 is the best game of 2010 , they did win last year in 2009. But Kids love the funny things that go on in it. I laugh all the time and enjoy it. Some kids may think its inappropriate, will that stop anything in Wizard101, No. But thanxs for sharing your option. :D

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
DyWiz527 wrote:
I am here to say I view the attacks of Gobblers on Colossus Boulevard inappropriate. I don't even see why it would even be considered to use as an attack. I mean, passing air and burping not very good attacks to use on a "friendly and safe" website. I mean no disrespect, but come on!

And speaking if inappropriate: the Humongofrog attack is also inappropriate. Does he really need to bring up his food for an attack?

Anyone agree? Anyone?

i am sorry but I was reading your post at work and I just couldn't stop laughing. My collegue thought I was loosing it lol.

But this is hilarious rotfl. Ok let me stop laughing.

I did find the gobblers passing gas at me a bit unusual but it was funny lol. Do I laugn everytime they do it? No. It gets old after a while and if you are an older more mature player then such things would not appear funny to you. But am sure most kids are going, "eeww, that's disgusting" while falling over in their chairs laughing.

i have a Legendary myth wizard and I rely heavily on humongo frog. The barfing sound can get ot me especially if i am eating but i have used humongofrog so many times; it doesn't bother me no more.

Thankfully the Gobblers are confined to Collossus Boulevard so you don't have to put up with them :-)

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Gosh why r old people irritating!!! Dude farts,burps,and throwing up is crude humor, which wizards has in the ratings. listen calm down drink some coffe unless u think drinking coffe should be stopped for being to innaproprite. Gosh you r making me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
You are definately one of those preppy, 90210 parents who thinks everything is inappropraite. Its hilarious and it even says on the rating "crude humor".

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
I agree that the Humungofrog attack is disgusting, but I don't mind the gobbler attacks. Why? For one, kids think it's funny. And secondly, gobblers are in ONE part of the game. I can understand why you would be angry if gobblers were in EVERY area in the game, but they are not. Clear Collosus Boulevard, and you're done with them until you make another wizard.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Zigmon wrote:
Alex1646 wrote:
Grrr... LOL
Cya in the spiral
Alex wildbreaker
Lvl 48 fire mage

LOL when I first saw your signature I thought it said Alex Windbreaker! THAT would have been appropriate! Not trying to make fun of you name or anything but that would have been hilarious.
after reading this i made wizard named amy windbreaker plus i made it life cause it is life to pass gas. :p

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
I think it's really a nice change to have the "toxic gas" attack or the "spew chunks" happen duing a battle when everyone else is burning up or freezing or electrifying each other. If you turn off the sound effects, they aren't --quite-- as offensive. Part of the appeal of this game is the great inventiveness and sense of humor on the part of the programmers.
yes i agree willowdreamer 8)

Alex Griffonsword - Level 53 Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
I bet you are one of those people who helped get the original Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry cartoons yanked from airwaves.

It's a game for kids. Guess what? Kids think farts are funny.

And so do I.
But i dont and i think they are innapropriate and also immature.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
Zigmon wrote:
Alex1646 wrote:
Grrr... LOL
Cya in the spiral
Alex wildbreaker
Lvl 48 fire mage

LOL when I first saw your signature I thought it said Alex Windbreaker! THAT would have been appropriate! Not trying to make fun of you name or anything but that would have been hilarious.
LOL this is the only time i will laugh about passing gas i mean that wouldve been hilarious! no offence Alex wildbreaker.

CYA IN THE SPIRAL!

Historian
May 28, 2009
That not that bad. Actually, I have found that the crabs in Celestia do something inappropriate when they get hurt. I can't say it 'cause is against the rules but if KI knows what I'm talking about, plz fix it.

And there's no need to change the attacks but I do wonders, the frog attack is about a from landing a a half earth. So if the frog don't land on the half-earth, what will happend?