Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion recommendation: DISMISS MINION

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2009
Hi folks,

It just occurred to me that it would be GREAT to have a 'dimiss minion' ability -- I'm not talking about the various cards which can be used to end their lives, assuming you purchase them, but simply the ability to say 'thanks, bye' and get no payoff (pips, health, whatever). Sometimes a minion does nothing but prolong a battle, by using your traps on tiny spells when you were planning to lay down a whopper. And because they are doing so little damage in comparison, they never end up getting targetted by the enemy, ultimately just getting in your way. Or consider the life minion who is more interested in healing herself than you. Or maybe you just want to free up a slot for your friend who just showed up.

You should be able to right click on them and 'dismiss' them, for no pip cost. If it needs to take up your turn, so be it. But right now there is no way to do this outside of using one of the special spells you must generally buy, and especially to use a slot in your deck for.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
i know you may not think this is a good answer but there is a free spell that does just that for every school. Some schools kill it and give you health others pips. There is a store in marley that can give you that spell if you are any school but myth (and there i think you YOUR spell from krok)

I want to tell you where it is but i am not sure if that counts as a spoiler.

So i will let gamma or someone tell you where. But the hint is that it is in Marley.

hope that helped.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Sojourna,
You may want to read the original post before replying.

I think the OP has a great idea, any time I use a minion in a battle, the point comes where it is useless, the monster wont kill it and yet the minion still continues to shield its self. Can we please have a "Kill Minion" Button?

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
You don't need a new feature. Just use Sacrifice minion. It gives you pips as well.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Considering the limited resources the developers have and the huge list of far more important things that need to be done, I'm all for ignoring this particular request.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
This is very true. Though the storm minnion, water elemental is very handy it has 700 health and uses taunt. True it doesn't sheild you but it's using taunt the enemies won't attack you. But for everyone else's minnions there should be a dismis button.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I agree. But the storm minnion is not that bad. It uses taunt so the enemies won't attack you. I has 700 health. It dosn't use sheilds on you though. But is still is using taunt. So I would rather it to use sheilds on itself then on me. Still for the other minnions you should be able to right click and they would just dissapear.

Travis Soulgiver level 41 diviner (Storm)

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Great idea. I once asked my friend to remove a minion before it removed my feint. They didn't draw the card, and guess what?

Imp = destroyed combo

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
first off CorrellonBloodstorm you may want to watch how you talk to people.

The fact is i DID read it. I read the idea and it is a good idea but he mentioned "I'm not talking about the various cards which can be used to end their lives, assuming you purchase them" and i was pointing out that there ARE cards that you can get without purchasing them.

Since they have one for each school they are FREE.

Now about his idea it seem fine, but unlikely that they would do if they already have a spell that does what he is asking.

Maybe YOU should do what you accused me of not doing. Because i got that he wanted a "pip free" way of getting rid of a minion, and i have never used the cards nor do i use minions to know, but adding another feature isn't gonna happen. I am will to bet dollars to dounuts that they are more likely to take under advisement that they make the "remove minion spell" a zero pip before they add that.

But my REAL comment would have been why, if you don't like the minions ability, do you even bother to use them at all? It is a choice.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Hi there,

Just to comment again. yes, there is a spell to do this, but I find it heavy handed to put a spell (and likely several copies, so I'm not hunting my deck for it) just to dismiss a minion in order to, say, clear a slot for someone who wants to join in a fight. My decks are usually crowded enough as it is.

Defender
May 15, 2009
A "Dismiss minion" button would upset the balance of the game, for there must be pros and cons to all elements; you want the benefits without any of the drawbacks.

Compare your minion to an equivalent spell card: for a very cheap casting cost, the minion deals a decent, sustained amount of damage over time or absorbs damage over time (depending on the school). The trade-off is that it takes up a spot (not relevant to solo/duo play) and can mess up combinations.

If you use the minion, you should probably change your strategy a bit to account for it. (i.e. less combo-spiky, more plain, consistent damage)

Survivor
May 26, 2009
I found the store with the spells to sacrifice mionions, but (how) do minions gain levels?

Andrew Swiftcloud
Magus Diviner