Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How is this fair?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Am I the only one that gets upset that ppl can just jump right in at the end of a battle and get full credit for the battle? I think it is just wrong! I fought a boss battle by myself which he had like 8000 HP, when I got him down to 187 HP left someone jumped in the battle and received the same credit just as if they had fought the whole battle with me! That is not fair!! Something needs done about this....the ones that are too lazy or whatever to fight the whole actual battle should not get credit for that when they didnt fight the whole thing! They just sit and wait til they see you have the battle about done and then join, they did not get "sucked into the battle" either, they purposely waited til I was almost done....WHAT HELP IS THAT??? It is NO help at all!! Isnt that what the game is suppose to be about, helping other wizards?? How did that help me at all? It didnt!!! I think ppl like that are just plain lazy and cheaters.......Am I the only one that thinks this is just not fair??
I admire the players that ask first before jumping in, thank you to those of you who have courtesy enough to do this.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
You're right. It's not fair. Many people have had complaints about this or about people joining in, bringing in more monsters, then fleeing. I too with KI would fix this. I had someone jump into a battle after we asked them not to when our 8K monster was down to only 1K (and our health was still great). This is why I've quit moving forward in the game. I've only been farming for rare pets and articles lately. I've no interest in dealing with these coat tail riders.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I totally agree with you guys. It is SO annoying for ppl to join a battle without asking. I have deleted everyone off of my buddy list (with exception of a few ppl who have proved they dont jump and flee and my friends). I got really po-ed in Kroc with people jump and flee..

GLAD someone has brought it up.

Jessica
lvl 46 life

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
My big problem with this is I'll have my FEINT spells cast setting up for a big hit and then someone will jump in and use their wand blast, totally wasting the FEINT trap. I would like to see a spell like FEINT that gives whoever sets it off the trap back on themselves. Right now, the caster gets a trap put back on him, but I would love to see it be cast on the joker who wastes my +70% trap. Hopefully that would cut down on a lot of it as some people do it just to be a smart alec.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
My big problem with this is I'll have my FEINT spells cast setting up for a big hit and then someone will jump in and use their wand blast, totally wasting the FEINT trap. I would like to see a spell like FEINT that gives whoever sets it off the trap back on themselves. Right now, the caster gets a trap put back on him, but I would love to see it be cast on the joker who wastes my +70% trap. Hopefully that would cut down on a lot of it as some people do it just to be a smart alec.

That's a cool idea.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
Lynnae629 wrote:
Am I the only one that gets upset that ppl can just jump right in at the end of a battle and get full credit for the battle? I think it is just wrong! I fought a boss battle by myself which he had like 8000 HP, when I got him down to 187 HP left someone jumped in the battle and received the same credit just as if they had fought the whole battle with me! That is not fair!! Something needs done about this....the ones that are too lazy or whatever to fight the whole actual battle should not get credit for that when they didnt fight the whole thing! They just sit and wait til they see you have the battle about done and then join, they did not get "sucked into the battle" either, they purposely waited til I was almost done....WHAT HELP IS THAT??? It is NO help at all!! Isnt that what the game is suppose to be about, helping other wizards?? How did that help me at all? It didnt!!! I think ppl like that are just plain lazy and cheaters.......Am I the only one that thinks this is just not fair??
I admire the players that ask first before jumping in, thank you to those of you who have courtesy enough to do this.
Whoa whoa whoa, ok, I see what your getting at, but sometimes when I'm not battling, I can't see how much damage there is left on the enemies and the players which is probably a glitch :-( and considering the fact that they helped you finish off that foe you were battling all by yourself. So it is probably safe to assume that whoever came in and helped you, will get the exact same credit as you. So think of it this way, it's like batman trying to save superman from a monster made of green kryptonite and defeating it. (FYI, that's superman's weakness) So what's the big hoopla with other players who hesitate at the last minute to battle the enemy? Yeah it's a pain, but it's just a game, including that there are some wizards who just play for kicks. Their not lazy cheaters(as we know), they may not see what may not be see on their computers. But just to make it clear, at least they helped you polish off the enemy's health, it's not like the server crashed or anything. I'm sure ya got whatever you needed. ;)

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Great idea with the feint spell. Nothing worse than losing the ability to do thousands of damage with your traps for someone to turn a wand hit into maybe over a hundred damage. I guess basic math isnt a priority in schools nowadays.

I play solo quite a bit and have had a few occasions with others coming in and being more of a burden then they are a benefit. If you find you are being contstantly invaded simply change realms to the last realm on the list. Sometimes on busy days I will change realms too or three times until I find an area with no people. If someone does wander along I simply change realms again. Obviously you can only do the best you can with that method and you wont be able to stop those who come along while you are fighting but it certainly will lesson the possibility of an unfriendly encounter.

Good luck wizards! :-D

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I don't see why you have a problem with this. You have probably done this many times while doing quest that involve killing large amounts of creatures. Why are you complaining when you finally get what you want in the end any way? :?

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
adri0425 wrote:
I totally agree with you guys. It is SO annoying for ppl to join a battle without asking. I have deleted everyone off of my buddy list (with exception of a few ppl who have proved they dont jump and flee and my friends). I got really po-ed in Kroc with people jump and flee..

Jessica
lvl 46 life
With out asking? It is of no inconvenience to have an extra person on your team. Seriously if you don't want another person on your team don't battle.

Defender
May 06, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:

I had a simmilar issue with this today, someone joined my fight (I don't mind that) and then used a nature wand which took my convert from nature to death which I had prep'd up for my spell to actually do damage. SINCE the person could only be talked to by menu chat I was SOL out of things to say or do other then NO NO NO NO. Needless to say I was NOT a very happy camper at the time. :-(

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Darlkan wrote:
adri0425 wrote:

Jessica
lvl 46 life
With out asking? It is of no inconvenience to have an extra person on your team. Seriously if you don't want another person on your team don't battle.

It's really hard to solo a game when people keep jumping into your fights. It is also difficult to test the skill and quality of your deck when you're forced to battle with someone who doesn't seem to understand the basics or mechanics of how some of the cards work. Those two issues are the ones that affect me the most.

Just the other day, I was trying to kill off some spiders in DS when some other player comes along, waits and watches. After I kill one monster and reduce the other to half life, that is when he chose to run into my battle. Why? I asked him. "Because I need to kill some of these guys." So without any thought to any other player but only his own selfish needs, he runs into my battle after I've done most of the work and brings another spider which I do not need to battle. No thought or consideration for anyone other than himself and what he wants. Needless to say, I fled. That is my policy now with anyone who crashes my battles deliberately. Let them deal with the monsters. I'm sick and tired of people who have no skill with this game or with deck building riding on the coat tails of those who do.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Darlkan wrote:
adri0425 wrote:

Jessica
lvl 46 life

Well I guess I have to add my two cents into this. :-) I have to say. there should be an option build in that can block your friends from porting in, that could be easily removed by a click on a button when it becomes necessary for a friend to join by request.

I have also banned ppl from my list since they are inconsiderate enough to port into an area where they have no right to be (and they are usually lower level then I ) . I have no problem helping anyone on the game as long as they ask, but being lazy and just dropping in is just rude.

I ask before I port to anyone, if they are in a battle and if I could join. I don't think that is to much to ask of anyone. ;)

And just to let you know Darlken :-P a friend that gets you killed is no friend.

In KT and MS, I had several ppl just drop in not really being ready for a big battle. I would have won the fight on my own, but because of the port and then the escape I was left with more monsters and no health and no way to get back to that spot other then to run. NOT COOL especially in an instance when you have to start over.

So needles to say they got booted of my list. you got a problem with that, ask before you port. Yes it is just a game, but I get to play it the way I want to.

Here is another novel Idea, the ppl that can only menu chat can not see what we type and we can not let them know what to do. It needs to be change so that they can at least read what we say. The text chat is so restrictive that I don't see how there can be any harm in letting them see what the rest of the players write. Otherwise add more menu phrases like don't jump in and don't use my traps.

I am Myth and Life wizard and I hate when I have to fight Myth and someone takes my power traps that I have set up and uses them for them self's. I have done it on rare occasions because I had no other choice and not on purpose and apologized right away. But I try very hard not to do that. I can see where the Death wizards get frustrated. It takes a lot of shields and traps to make a spell big enough in MS and DS to count.

Just because you have a treasure card that goes with my trap dose not give you the right to use my trap.

Use the 6 inches between your ears an realize that fighting your own school is a lot harder and you have to plan out your attack to be affective. Don't waist my time powering up for a big spell and then not being able to have an effect because you wasted my carefully planed out traps.

I think we all get the point.
Courtesy goes a long way.

Oh and wizards that can only menu chat should not be able to port into a battle once the fighting has started unless someone send them an SOS.

Ok I'm done :-P

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
i know how annoying it is! I had a million storm traps and stuff and then someone else who is about lvl 10 ports to my friend and uses thunder snake:-( Luckily he fizzled and didnt use it again so i could still kill the Jade Oni with triton or storm hound, but if he didnt fizzle i would be SO angry.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
This douse not affect you i do it sometimes by mistake but if someone where to be tying to port i would leave but this is not as big deal and it may be hard to do for KI
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad idea
Cya in the spiral
Alex Wildbreaker

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
GREAT News.. from the looks of things with the Test Realm, there is an option that allows you to disable ports from ppl. That doesnt stop the ppl who sit and watch and jump in at the end of a fight.. but I think I like the idea that someone mentioned about fleeing if someone does that to you.

I hope they keep the port=block option and enhance it even more, like maybe adding a step further to allow only certian friends to port or even certian levels...

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
adri0425 wrote:
GREAT News.. from the looks of things with the Test Realm, there is an option that allows you to disable ports from ppl. That doesnt stop the ppl who sit and watch and jump in at the end of a fight.. but I think I like the idea that someone mentioned about fleeing if someone does that to you.

I hope they keep the port=block option and enhance it even more, like maybe adding a step further to allow only certian friends to port or even certian levels...

we need a "walk in bloke" as well thenif some one tries to walk in we could alow or refuse now on the bloke port option i see major problems. we should have a send invite to port, so that if we have or no port on we can have a frien port as needed

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I agree and disagree with this.

I disagree that people get the same reward for jumping in at the last second.
When I jump in to a fight (I have certain requirements first) I never get the same exp then those who did the entire fight get. Although I do get credit for the kill.

My Requirements for jumping into a fight are.
I always try to make sure it is near the beginning for 2 reasons. 1 because they won't kill one off before I get in and lose credit on that kill. 2 make sure if it's not the beginning that the person looks in trouble the monster has full life and they have almost none. Now on a Necro this can be deceiving but if I join and notice they have things in hand I won't inter fear with their big hit I will just help if I can.

I would also add that as a Necro (My first chat is Balance BTW) that big hits are what get me through not piece meal shots. So when I am in a group it's very tough to build a big hit when others keep breaking my spikes and power ups. But I digress.

I agree that you should be able to restrict a fight if you want. you can go on your friends list and pick people to allow into fights. I usually allow people to add me because I want to be able to help (Most of my adds are lower levels them I am). but then they just abuse it.

Adding then Fleeing is a big problem I agree. Sometimes I don't mind because I have killed the others off anyways anc can use the other kills. One time it happened in DS when I was just grinding for gear to sell. With a balance Wiz I don't have great hits anyways and it takes a long time to build up even with power pips when they hit so hard back. So when I got 4 brought in when I am barely able to handle 2 it killed me quick.

So I agree having people jump and flee should have some sort of punishment more then losing your mana. You should lose exp for fleeing as well I think. Maybe gold too or if you have none a negative balance to keep people from having a 0 balance to avoid the consequences.

Unfortunately people stealing your power ups it just a thing we have to get uses to the thing is to try to get friends together from different schools who respect each other enough not to do that sort of thing.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Ok, this option on test realm is fine, but what if you need friends to help you. So I think they should put a button that enables only certain people to port to you. I mean I don't mind the extra help. I think they should have added instead a button that says do you want this person to join battle? Then you can click yes or no!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Ok, this option on test realm is fine, but what if you need friends to help you. So I think they should put a button that enables only certain people to port to you. I mean I don't mind the extra help. I think they should have added instead a button that says do you want this person to join battle? Then you can click yes or no!

I agree