Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hello, I have a question(yes, Im new)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I Saw this game advertised over at MMORPG.com and decided to try it out.
This game is mega fun so I signed up and bought 2500 crowns.

I do have a question. I saw in the library I can buy booster packs with my purchased crowns. Can I buy decks of cards anywhere, Or are the decks we get from the start are what everyone gets to keep the balance and the treasure cards are the focus?

Thanks

-SB

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
SiliconeBouncies wrote:

I do have a question. I saw in the library I can buy booster packs with my purchased crowns. Can I buy decks of cards anywhere, Or are the decks we get from the start are what everyone gets to keep the balance and the treasure cards are the focus?

Thanks

-SB

you can't buy cards that go in the deck everywhere but you can buy decks at spell deck shops. Your welcome (lol):) <3

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
There are three methods of getting a spell in combat to cast.

1. You place a trained spell in your deck. The border of this spell will correspond to the school it is from.

2. You equip an item that gives one or more cards. These spells will have a blue border to distinguish themselves from regular spells.

3. You place a treasure card into your sideboard, and then during combat you either a) discard a card and click draw or b) draw when your current hand has less than 7 cards. Either way will draw a random treasure card from your sideboard. (Note you can improve the odds of getting what you want by only including certain spells in your sideboard.)

The booster packs sold by Zeke and the librarians give you a handful of treasure cards selected randomly from a set.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Can I buy decks of cards anywhere, Or are the decks we get from the start are what everyone gets to keep the balance and the treasure cards are the focus?

You can not buy decks of cards anywhere. Your starter deck is what everyone gets at the start. The spells that you earn from leveling all go into this deck. As you level you will get more and more spells from your primary school and your secondary school, as long as you have the training points to get them at your secondary school.

You can buy larger decks at the deck shops along the various worlds and or win them in battle from certain bosses. Thus increasing the number of your carried spells and the number of gold cards that you can also carry.

The treasure cards are not the focus as most only use them to heal themselves and others or to use them as a third school attack and the list goes on and on. You can buy healing cards at the libraries and some come in Zeke's booster packs.

I hope that this has helped in your questions. Have fun and enjoy the game :)

James DeathHammer
Level 50 GrandMaster
Master of Death
No Retreat, No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
SiliconeBouncies wrote:

Thanks

-SB

Yes you can get them from Zeek (Big guy with orange beard) 8)Next tothe bridge.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
LOL Thanks everyone for the replies. I kinda sorta figured this out on my own. But it doesnt hurt to ask I guess. Since then, a Mummified deck droped that opened up alot of spaces for me. Mega cool.

-SB