Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Improvment Thread

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2009
Here's my suggestion list for Wizard 101. Feel free to add your own, just keep it organised please.

I. Portaling to friends

Currently anyone can portal to you in game as long as they have you on their friends list. This is quite annoying and downright frustrating as you'll have random people just show up while you fight (and leave you to fight more monsters normally), show up at your house, or just follow you around and bug you. So here's my suggestion to fix this problem.

A. Both players must have the person on their friends list in order to portal to them. If one player removes said person from the list then they can not portal to that person unless they re-add them to their friends list.

B. A new tab is put under the friends panel named Portaling. Would work the same way as the current friends list does. Anyone you add to this tab can portal to you freely. Anyone not listed under this tab will not be able to portal to you.

II. Monster Combat

Currently in game if you run into a monster, they run into you or due to lag, you get dragged into a fight with them. This makes it very frustrating to try and move around in some areas (Marleybone is notorious for having crazy fast re-spawn rates) without being sucked into more and more fights.

A. Have a pop-up show up asking if you want to fight this monster or not.
If you choose no, you are put back where the fight started and can be on your way.

III. Favorite Cards

Right now when assembling your spell cards it's a complete luck of the draw on which cards you get in battle. While this does make things interesting, it does leave many battles to go on longer then they need to due to getting poor cards from the random draw.

A. Allow players to mark one card as their "Favorite" so that card has a higher chance of coming up when drawing from your deck then those not marked as your favorite.

IV. Treasure Cards

Two main issues with treasure cards.

1. There is no guide or how to on the wizard101 site on how combining treasure cards to make new ones work.

2. Many players have an overflow of treasure cards and wish to get rid of them somehow without trading.

A. A guide on the wizard101 site to how combining treasure cards with normal cards or how the mutation cards work would be very nice.

B. Have the Library NPC exchange one treasure card for a random one.

V. Ranked PVP

1. Ranked Vs Practice

In practice PVP you have the option to select what level range you wish to fight, whether you fight with friends or not etc. Where as in Ranked PVP you have no options whatsoever.

A. Have the exact same ability you do in practice PVP, to choose what level range you wish to fight, whether you wish to fight with friends etc.
By not having this option currently, Ranked PVP is beyond unbalanced as a level 5 can be setup to fight a level 50.

Regards

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
To get rid of treasure cards you don't want, you simply just right-click on them, and you get a dialog box asking if you really want to delete it. Tada, those cards that you feel are useless to you are gone.

As for the other changes, I don't agree with the whole "do you want to fight this monster" button. Sorry if you lag, but there are usually safe areas to run past or through mobs. A lot of times that I got caught, it was because I didn't lag, but because I didn't pay attention to the pathing of the mobs. So my fault.

And keep in mind that we have a lot the monsters don't have. The ability to use treasure cards. And Power Pips. We are also smart enough (well, theoretically speaking) to be able to put up shields to protect ourselves from their attacks (though this isn't useful when fighting a, say, fire monster that only casts myth cards for some reason).

Do much of what you are asking and it unbalances the game even more.

As for friends teleporting to you. Well, if one does it and leaves, take them off your friends list.

I was in an instanced with a friend today, and decided to log my sons account in as well, as we would be fighting an Oni in Mooshu. I asked if it was all right, he said yes, so I did. My son is on my friends list, but he's not on my other friends list. So under your scenario of needing to be on everyones friends list, it wouldn't have worked. I think that would have been quite unfair. We all have the same remove button on our friends list, and it's useable by all of us :)

Defender
May 28, 2009
I agree and disagree in on certain things:
I. Portaling to friends
I agree that something needs to be done about the port and flee type of players. I believe that what you are suggesting would only lead to more "Improve this feature" posts in this forum. Instead, since I can't seem to find a REALLY good reason for the Family star next to the character name in the friends list, I would suggest that the button be turned into the "Allow Port" button so that people you have given permission to and only them would be able to port.
II. Monster Combat
Unfortunately, this would change a major dynamic in the game. Besides, if you were walking down the road in any other game and the monsters SAW you they would ALL come after you. Not just one or two if you get off the sidewalk or out of the middle of a roof (in the case of MarleyBone).
III. Favorite Cards
This completely defeats the concept of drawing a card from a deck. If you could pick a favorite card to draw in Gin Rummy.... nuff said.
IV. Treasure Cards
If the only thing you want to do is get rid of them the just delete them and move on. I do however agree that they should be sell-able or trade-able. KI is other significant changes in order to allow it though. So, don't hold your breath.
V. Ranked PVP
From what I see in other posts there is a very sophisticated engine driving the pairing in Ranked PvP. Your level 5 could be a very high level PvP Player whereas your level 50 could be new to PvP. There may not have been any other available players at that point in time. So on, and so on. It's not unfair, it's just as close to fair as it can be in a dynamic situation that is being decided by AI. In other words, yeah it's not perfect, its just luck of the draw.... kind of like your favorite card theory.