Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what kind of wizard is merle ambrose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
Well i've created multiple accounts and watched the battle and looked at merle ambroses clothes.

Merle Ambrose as a blue staff (pointing toward ice) A blue cloak a red hat and so on mostly pointing towards ice.

Honestly I think he's ice.

Who do you guys think he is?

Administrator
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2471.ftl

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 16, 2009
Hmm interesting. I have always wondered where the teachers are from.

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Falmea~ Dragonspyre
Proffesor Greyrose~ Colossus Boulivard
Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu
Proffesor Drake~ Wherever Malistare is from!
Proffesor Malistare Drake~ Uh duh the Great Spyre

What da ya think?

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I really don't know mabey he is all of them The only one who knows is himself so why don't we ask And i thought this was was supposed to be about dorms not what type of wizarrd the headmaster is.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Starberry98 wrote:

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu

What da ya think?

where is the storm professor?

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Just guesses:

Falmea-Firecat Alley, Wizard City -(fire wizard)

Wu-Mooshu-(life wizard)

Haleston-Hyde Park, Marleybone-(storm wizard)

Drake brothers-Nightside-Sunken city, Wizard City-(death and myth)

Dworgyn-Nightside-(Death wizard)

Arthur Weathersfield-Marleybone-(Balance traveling spellsman)

Malorn Ashthorn-Wizard City-(Death school teacher's aide)

Alhazred_Krokotopia-(Balance wizard)

It appears that the death school has a larger faculty than any of the other schools.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
This is for Headmaster Ambrose. You said you were studying Astral Magic. Does that mean that there is the possibility for expansion? Like, maybe there will be more schools at Ravenwood? Astral magic sounds like something that I would like to try out .

Sincerely,
Fiona Shadowhaven, Master Thaumaturge

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Gamma wrote:
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote: I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Sounds more like Balance, as in the balance of all things between time and nature, man and machine.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
guys i was playing after closed beta and i know every single thing that the teachers are frp, and i know the drakes are from wizard city thank you and flamea is from dragonspyre and the rest im trying to remember

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I'm a perfectionist; I kind of would like to see Astral magic used, but still, I like the mystery about it. How about a very severe battle, so bad that it endangers the whole Spiral. In this battle, in the last part of it, Merle Ambrose joins in to help and uses this Astral magic.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Astral schools? i heard a rumor about that, but as far as the sun school goes balance has a sun spell ( power nova ) so what are they gonna get? xD

i know the post said just researching and that could mean anything but idk, i don't think that idea would work for the game, leave the best magic to the main man in charge. we already made one of the professors seem weak (cyrus) by beating him, then beating someone he can't beat to make him look even weaker.

is that why the idea of celestia was delayed? everyone was expecting it. was it taken out because of pooling ideas for astral schools and how they would work in the game with celestia?

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
it seems we all have our opinions on this matter! we all need to just wait and see what the headmaster decides, as it IS his decision. if he DOES decide to add them, they may be in another world, so you cannot choose them as your main school, but as maybe a fourth school, you get enough training points to allow you to learn one of the new schools. students, do not bother the headmaster, he is quite old (he found bartleby and was the STARTER of wizard city, a few decades a go) and is STILL doing his best for his school and city. if you all would just "go with the flow" everything will turn out fine, perhaps disappointing, but fine. now if you will excuse me, i must return to my office, it is almost my bed time!!!

see you in class!
lynked

(BET YOU THOUGHT I WAS GAMMA! A HAHAHAHA! LOL!)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Astral magic seems to be the 8th school. look at these posts by gamma from ambrose.

These could mean anything. Grizzleheim for example, that could be when we get some astral magic.

here are my thoughts. Astral magic is far off. anyone know when it might be realesed

Survivor
May 02, 2009
lexinator1999 wrote:
I really don't know mabey he is all of them The only one who knows is himself so why don't we ask And i thought this was was supposed to be about dorms not what type of wizarrd the headmaster is.

The dorms are off topic discussions not about the dorms themself :P. no worries, hey this topic has gotten farther than i thought.

how many of you would like to know the date of the realese of grizzliehiem or could a proffesor tell me? (sorry of topic). For my purpose what school did Proffesor Ambrose start with. Balance?

Anyone got a clue

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Astral schools? nice idea Headmaster :D

I was thinking about putting in "creature" spells such as Ninja Pig and Gobbler even though the "intro" is myth.

I would REALLY want a Moon wizard cause i like nighttime!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Also ( i forgot to write this ) I think the Astral schools should be introduced with the new world Grizzleheim! Just another idea from me

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Starberry98 wrote:

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu

What da ya think?

Malistaire and Cyrus Drake come from Wizard City.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
the astra in astral sounds like astro doesnt it. i think its gotta do with stats after all he does where a cloak with stars on it i think.

sincerely,
blaze skullshield

Hero
May 19, 2009
lvljvl3 wrote:
Astral magic seems to be the 8th school. look at these posts by gamma from ambrose.

These could mean anything. Grizzleheim for example, that could be when we get some astral magic.

here are my thoughts. Astral magic is far off. anyone know when it might be realesed

External magics-(Fire, Ice and Storm)
Internal magics-(Myth, Death and Life.)
Astral magics-(sun, moon and stars)
Balance is balance so it stands alone

it said Ambrose had studied in all eight schools of magic, so he might be a master of all the current schools,and that he is currently studying the third triangle of Astral magic which might possibly include the three new schools of magic(maybe with the release of grizz)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Just guesses:

Falmea-Firecat Alley, Wizard City -(fire wizard)

Wu-Mooshu-(life wizard)

Haleston-Hyde Park, Marleybone-(storm wizard)

Drake brothers-Nightside-Sunken city, Wizard City-(death and myth)

Dworgyn-Nightside-(Death wizard)

Arthur Weathersfield-Marleybone-(Balance traveling spellsman)

Malorn Ashthorn-Wizard City-(Death school teacher's aide)

Alhazred_Krokotopia-(Balance wizard)

It appears that the death school has a larger faculty than any of the other schools.[/quot

no one really lives in nightside it is the death school

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Hello All!
I'm here to tell you the bad news.
GRIZZLEHIME IS HERE AND NO SCHOOLS ARE THERE!

So that means, no 8th school!
My friend beat GH

Your friend,
Emma Moonhunter
Lvl 38 Ice Goddess 8)

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
Well, i got an idea about the new triangle. (the new wizard schools)

Well ds academy was destroyed by the dragon titan. so what about before that. If they changed the story a little then maybe ds academy would have all the new schools. Instead of having a second school in this triangle, your second school would be extremely powerful which you can only learn in ds. I was at another astral school page and i made a list of what the new spells for the astral school would be like. So you could learn a new school (like fire ice storm) the time school, astral school, dimensions school. Then (like life myth death) the heavenly school, the demonish school, then the earthly school.

Paul Legend Weaver Lv 50 balance
Flint Ice walker Lv 47 ice
Paul Storm Wielder Lv 27 storm
I have more files but they are really low lvls.

p.s. i am not sure really what to name the demonish school

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Starberry98 wrote:

Here's my guess:

Proffesor Wu~ Mooshu

What da ya think?

First of all, 3/5 of them are correct, but Malistare is not from the great spyre, that is just where you last encounter him. Besides, Malistare and Cyrus are both from the main wizard city area, only Cyrus is from Cyclops lane or alley, i forget, haven't been in wizard city for a while, and Malistare is probably from the haunted cave, but were still in touch at school, even though they both hated each other. Hoped this helped.