Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Savior of Spiral badge: reserved for those who hav

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Hello,
This is kind of a minor thing really, but I have seen many lower level players walking around with the "Savior of the Spiral" badge above their heads. I feel that that particular badge should be reserved for players who have actually completed the game, and not simply given to anyone who ports in to help defeat Malistaire. (How much can a player still in Krok actually "help"?)

It's pretty hard work getting all the way through the game, and I think that particular badge should be left as a reward for those who have done it, because that is essentially what the badge name implies - that that person has completed the game.

I have not yet completed the game, and when I do, that badge will not mean much since low level players have it too. It should give a sort of distinction to those that have battled all the way to the end. After all, making it through to the end really does deserve some sort of distinction, and that distinction should not be available to those who have not yet made it that far.

Just a thought.
Cat

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
I totally agree with you! I just recently finished the game and I see so many people who arent even in krok yet that have beat Malistare by porting in to the battle around the time where Malistare is pretty much a gonner. Sometimes if the person does not have text chat ( I had to use menu chat once because my parents would not trust me with text chat) they may just port to a friend because they want help with a quest, then find out after they port that they ended up in a fight with Malistare. On the other hand, if they do have text chat, they probably should ask before porting.

I think you are right that the savior of the spiral badge should come when you finish the game, maybe when you talk to Merle Ambrose afterwards he would give you the badge?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Badges are a mark of honor and accomplishment!; I too feel that a certain badge should be available to players who have completed the game (Savior of the Spiral if possible but if not, something that reflects that perseverance). Gaining a badge just because you ported to a friend at the right (wrong?) time is no basis for having a badge! I have not yet completed the game and I would hope to have a badge that means something once I earn it!

Catsydsmom motioned it,
Comowiz seconded!

All in favor?
Aye

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
i agree because i finshed the game at erlvl (45) due to me doing few side quest (i leveled up qiiuckly to grandmaster) and no one believed me

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I agree. I don't wear my Saviour badge because so many people run around with it who haven't even been to MooShu. I prefer my Ghostbuster and Master of Monsters badge because they show I actually accomplished something.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
I don't know I think it cute that I see little kids, or low levels, with that badge, obviously if they look at your stats and they look at his stats they know they didn't finish it for real. That badge is yes, a finish to those who beat Malistair, and although long of a journey, it isn't difficult. Malistair himself is relatively simple to beat. One badge I know they wont have regardless is the drake rider badge, that one Ambrose gives you, when you do. if it bothers you so much ask them to show you the drake rider badge. bet you they wont have it. Savior of the spiral can be interpreted as, you have done it, or something you want to be when you grow up, all on how you think about it really. Life is perception after all.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Well while I can agree with the naming of the badge, really the Drake Rider is the badge that would indicate that you completed all of dragonspire, well atleast the main quest line. Everytime I see someone with savior of the spire I am expecting them to be in their 40's to level 50 but yet I am disapointed in seeing them alot lower. :(

Defender
May 06, 2009
Not just that badge, but the other storyline ones too perhaps...like Mastermind, things like that. You can get Mastermind without having to do either counterweight tower. Oni slayer is the same.

It makes you seem more powerful than you actually are, when all you're good at is porting to someone in a battle.

Side bonus to this is it may cut down on people who port into boss battles without asking.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
I agree.

I think all these badges (Savior of the Spiral, Mastermind, Oni Slayer) should be awarded at the completion of a quest -- not just at the end of the battle. For example, you shouldn't get Savior of the Spiral until you talk to Headmaster Ambrose after the fight with Malistaire. That way, people could still port in and take part in the battle, but they would not receive the badge unless they had the appropriate quest for it.