Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change Text chat in pvp: solving two problems with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
There is two big problems with chatting in PVP right now.

1. the out of control trash talk

2. the inability to talk to your group without your opponents hearing you.

I suggest the following...

In PVP make it so when you text chat only your group can hear you. You can still menu chat the enemies. But when you speak only your allies hear you

In 1v1 you can only use menu chat not text chat to communicate to your opponent.

I know many will miss the ability to talk your your foes, but I think this is the best most elegant solution to these problems. I'm sick of the cursing, whining, complaining and general trash talking that goes on in arenas. And it would be really nice to be able to coordinate attacks with allies in groups.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Yeah, the first idea has already been made, but the second idea isn't that great. I mean, i know they trash talk and everything, but it's best just to report them after the battle becuase you usually end up on the same realm. So I think it's better is you just report the player instead. :-)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
NO! people make some of the best firends in pvp.

FACEING against the other side are you ready to ruin it?

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Silverfire2 wrote:
NO! people make some of the best firends in pvp.

FACEING against the other side are you ready to ruin it?

how is this, implement my idea as suggest BUT if someone is on your friends list then they can see your chat even in PVP. so if you duel a friend you can still talk to each other.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Don't forget too that not everyone has text chat. Many wizards only have the menu chats available to them for a variety of good and valid reasons.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
While I agree sometimes the trash talk gets a little hot no one really gets hurt by it. The problem of not being able to communicate is easily solved by private chat. If you know who you are going to be teamed with before hand friend them and you can chat privately. You can always remove them later, if you want to that is.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
yeah all good ideas but there should be another one. it should be the chat is as big because when people talk a lot i caan not see the health bar so that should be another one :-D

blaze gianthief/level 29

Explorer
May 31, 2008
I don't agree with this one bit, I love talking to my opponents, and if i lose, I sometimes like to become friends with that person(s).

I have been in only 2 matches with trash talking and this is out of the 100+ i have done.

I do think this is a problem, but i don't think this is a good way to resolve it. Talking to opponents is one way to pass battle time. Sometimes the system pits me against my friends, so we just say 'Hi' and stuff like that, Just talking to the other team.

But Trash Talking IS a problem which i hate. People have found a way past the filter.

The Bad News: Open Chat can allow people to use swears/Variables.

Good News: The new feature allows people to Click on the names in the Text Box, This gives a better chance of that person(s) getting caught and never troubling anyone again.

These are just my opinions, I myself don't have a solution, But this probably isn't it.

-Swift

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Yeah the trash talk is up there, but as for the reporting after a battle that isn't such a good idea. My reason for this is i have been reported twice after a battle for no reason at all. The people were just being sore losers. They didn't like the fact that they lost to me and my friend. That gets old really quick and I am extreamly tired of being reported for no reason. I don't talk much during a fight so they have no reason to report me.

Peace out all you wizard players.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hi there, well in the arena they trash talk cause they are losing. Just ignore them. Dont let them get to you, all it causes is stress.

Hope you read this.