Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't seem to be able to earn experience points!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
A week or two ago, I helped a friend defeat Malistare, even though I haven't gotten quite that far in my own game. Since that time, I haven't earned ANY experience points even though I've completed several quests. Has anyone else run into this? Is the game supposed to work this way?

Thanks,
SpeakerAl (aka Finnigan Frostslinger, level 50 and holding)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
speakeral wrote:
A week or two ago, I helped a friend defeat Malistare, even though I haven't gotten quite that far in my own game. Since that time, I haven't earned ANY experience points even though I've completed several quests. Has anyone else run into this? Is the game supposed to work this way?

Thanks,
SpeakerAl (aka Finnigan Frostslinger, level 50 and holding)

Yes once you reach Grandmaster you stop gaining exp

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
IF you have reached level 50, yes the game is supposed to work that way. If you are not level 50 yet, you have a bug and I suggest submitting a bug report.

In instanced areas, the first time you do them you get full XP, and the second time you get half XP, and after that you get the XP from the spells you cast in battle but none from the quest goals. However this should not affect other quests you have outside the instance.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008