Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gift Cards - do they expire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2008
As the title asks, do the gift cards expire? Since the pets are no-trade I want to make sure I put them on the right wizard, would be a shame if they expired at some point.

Administrator
The Gift Cards themselves do not expire for another 25 years, but the items you receive from them change.

As it states on our Gift Card Page
"Due to the delay in getting the Wizard101 cards out to Rite Aid®,
we have extended the availability of the Protector Set pets until 30 June 2009! "

At the end of June, the stats of the pets will change, however their outward appearance will not.

Hope that answers your question, young Wizard.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 23, 2008
So if I have one of each of the protector set cards and use them 6 months from now, I will not get the 3 pets that are currently there?

Happy Piggle
Gives +40 Health & 1 Sprite Card

Power Dragon
Gives +1% Power Pip & 1 Power Play Card

Defender Pig
Gives +6% Resist All & 1 Dryad Card

Or by change do you mean new/future cards (i.e. non-protector set)?

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
speaking of putting the pet on the wrong wizard thats exactly what i did ....now she has 2 of the same ...is there away to change this if we make a booboo

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The Gift Cards themselves do not expire for another 25 years, but the items you receive from them change.

As it states on our Gift Card Page
"Due to the delay in getting the Wizard101 cards out to Rite Aid®,
we have extended the availability of the Protector Set pets until 30 June 2009! "

At the end of June, the stats of the pets will change, however their outward appearance will not.

Hope that answers your question, young Wizard.

One moment Professor, are you saying that gift cards redeemed after June 30 will give a different pet?

Administrator
rlekan wrote:
So if I have one of each of the protector set cards and use them 6 months from now, I will not get the 3 pets that are currently there?

That is correct, the pets will be from a different set and have different stats (that we will publish on the website) BUT they will look exactly the same.

LordMarshal wrote:
One moment Professor, are you saying that gift cards redeemed after June 30 will give a different pet?

The set will be new, same pets, different statistics on the pets.

I'll see about getting information about the upcoming stats for the July pets.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
rlekan wrote:

That is correct, the pets will be from a different set and have different stats (that we will publish on the website) BUT they will look exactly the same.

LordMarshal wrote:

The set will be new, same pets, different statistics on the pets.

I'll see about getting information about the upcoming stats for the July pets.

So to make sure I understand you, if I buy a set of the gift cards that are out now and then use them in a few months I will get pets from the next set? So your not actually releasing new and different gift cards just changing the pets they give when each new set comes out? And each sets pets will look the same just have different stats|?

|Thanks in advance

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Thank you Professor...

It would be nice to know if we should visit the pet store before the change or not. :)

I was also worried as I visited Rite-aid yesterday and I don't think many are buying the cards. Maybe you should advertise them more in commercials and via email to parents. You could mention them as birthday gifts, maybe party favors, teacher rewards (or even rewards for teachers), maybe a goal for summer reading, and so on. I am sure people can come up with a lot of other ideas.

Again, thank you for the heads up and the forthcoming preview on next month's pets

Survivor
May 23, 2008
And here I didn't think this could get more complicated (i.e. messed up).

So are you planning to change up the abilities often for all cards or is this a fix change?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
So why not a different looking pet? Seem kind of lame to have the same type of pet but different look. I kind of disappointed now. I was looking forward for the new pets now we are just getting rehash of old one with new stats.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Wow. THat is really a let down to hear that future cards won't have different pets, only different stats. I was on the verge of getting some cards to collect the pets before the new ones arrive, but now that I see that they will always have the same look - i will have to pass.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
This is my understanding. In all there will be four sets Protectors, Assistants, Adventurers, and Heroes but there will only be 3 physical cards you can buy; Piggle ($10), Dragon($10), and Pig($20). After the 30th you will not be able to get the Protectors set. Example the "Power" Dragon that gives +1% Power Pip & 1 Power Play Card will be changed to a new dragon that will look just like the Power Dragon. The only difference will be the dragon's stats and the card it comes with. There is no new physical gift card that you would have to buy to get an "Assistant" dragon. So for each of the four sets Protectors, Assistants, Adventurers, and Heroes, there will be a Piggle, Dragon, and Pig.

Is this right?

I have a Pig card that I have not redeemed yet. I am a Life student and do not need an other Dryad Card. My best bet would be to wait till after the 30th to redeem this card to hopefully get one that comes with a playing card that could be more useful to me.

Survivor
May 26, 2008
Future cards will have different pets. She is referring to the gift cards currently for sale. If you have already purchased one of these cards and you redeem it, then you get the pet shown on the card and the current stats that go with it. If you wait until after June 30th to redeem the card, the pet will look the same but will have different stats. There will be new cards with new pets July 1st.

What is going to be helpful for us is what are the new stats going to be? I would like to know this so that I can decide to redeem my card now or wait to see the different stats.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
I think you all misunderstood professor greyrose. New cards from new sets will give new, different pets. The old cards, once they are past their 'active' stage, will give the same pets that they did while in the 'active' stage, just different stats.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
I have just made arrangements to get the defender pig card, but if they are changing the stats next month, I just may have to hold off entering the code to find its potental new abilities. I hope they make it offensive based, maybe like the beta dragon, but with a natural damage boost (I know I can still dream :) )

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Thank you copper9601 and Quantize for clearing this up for me. It is good to know there will be new cards with new pets. I agree that it would be very helpful if the new stats for the Protectors set would be posted a good amount of time before the 30th.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
copper9601 wrote:
Future cards will have different pets. She is referring to the gift cards currently for sale. If you have already purchased one of these cards and you redeem it, then you get the pet shown on the card and the current stats that go with it. If you wait until after June 30th to redeem the card, the pet will look the same but will have different stats. There will be new cards with new pets July 1st.

What is going to be helpful for us is what are the new stats going to be? I would like to know this so that I can decide to redeem my card now or wait to see the different stats.

I really hope your interpretation of what she said is correct. I too was looking forward to collecting different pets for myself and my kids. However if the only thing that is going to change is their stats every month then I will just be buying my crowns the 'old' way -online-. (and will be very disappointed)

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Is there any new info on the new stats of the current gift card pets? I know these changes will be taking place on the 30th. I would like to know if it is worth me running out to get these cards as gifts for friends asap so they can add them before the 30th. It would be nice to find this info out with time to make decisions on what we would like to do with our cards.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
It's good to know about the changes, because someone is offering a ninja pig on eBay for $20. Whoever buys it is NOT going to be happy.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I wish I had seen this earlier. My friends and I walked seven miles today trying to find where to get the gift cards. We could not find any at the locations possible except for Rite-Aid. We purchased those cards after the switch hoping to get defender pigs, unfortunately we were too late. We all recieved battle pig.

If only, if only, I paid attention to the internet.