Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Sorting for PvP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2008
First of all i just did a 4v4 and my team had these ranks

3 Privates, and I'm a Private, we were facing

1 Knight
1 Corparol
2 Warlords

I can understand Corparol but Knights and Warlords

The Point

Only make the next 2 ranks (lower or higher) fight aganist you

P.S. Jennifer Icerider, or Elijah if your reading this i strongely dislike you people

-Mark Thundersword
Annoyed Really Annoyed So Annoyed, Level 50 Diviner

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Somebody was so strong, they added shields and power ups until a vampire attack did 888 damage. I was like.... OW!

Survivor
May 01, 2009
Was the 4v4 fair or were they way higher then you? If they were the same level then you still had a good chance to win (im assuming you lost ) But if it was like most of the pvp matches i have had they where lvl 50 lol.

If you want more fairer rank match ups try the 1v1 or 2v2 stuff like that. you will get fair rank but you will be way out leveled if you are not all ready level 50.

HI!
Chris MoonWeaver
Level 34 Fire/Death

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
It might be easier for the people at KI if they would divide the ranks by level. No warlords below level 40 and no privates above level 40.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
i feel ya i'm lvl 32 and get lvl 40,25,and10 to fight in the arena and i hate it!!!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I hear ya when I was lvl 15 i always put up to fight lvls 50-40 I always lost.
There should be something done about this so there is a fair chance for everyone in ranked pvp matches.

Alexis dragontail
lvl 22 life school

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Ok, I am angry about this! I sometimes win pvp but I'm way behind everyone else. I am a high level, but I end up on the wrong team. I end up on the ones with low health against people with high health in the open matches. I sometimes play with friends who played that probably was the only time I won or when the levels were even as in sometimes I do 1vs1 if my rank was higher. I usually play 3vs3 or 4vs4. If I felt like it 2vs2 even, but only if my rank was a bit higher.

Well I don't if it depends which school you are because I am fire and I always had a bit of trouble even with tasks and needed help from friends. I notice doing tasks on other characters feels quicker with less dying and doing most things by myself. Actually I did wizard city and krok by myself not sunken city yet though.

Well there is my rant!

Anyone lower than 396 can tell me. I'm probably the worst pvp player ever. Also I don't have many friends so it is probably strategy. How come the open ones can't be good. Make it even and stop putting me with the weak ones.

Regards,

Mary Windstrider Level 45 Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I agree, this is unfair! I have always been behind my whole family and friends in PvP; I was always a privite while someone was a Knight. I always were against high level wizards when I was low, and now I'm against warlords! And I am a rank 412 Privite! When ever I use an attack, which are usually weak since I'm and ice wizard and ice spells are not very strong, it's even weaker since they have all of that armor that adds up to like, 50% defense!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
happydoggy10 wrote:
I agree, this is unfair! I have always been behind my whole family and friends in PvP; I was always a privite while someone was a Knight. I always were against high level wizards when I was low, and now I'm against warlords! And I am a rank 412 Privite! When ever I use an attack, which are usually weak since I'm and ice wizard and ice spells are not very strong, it's even weaker since they have all of that armor that adds up to like, 50% defense!

Right now, I'm waiting to become a higher lvl. Like lvl 40+ and then i will play more ranked pvp matches. Because most of the time, a whole bunch of Grandmasters are always on the other team, while I have a puny amount of health compared to theirs. :(

I know some of you think that Tempest is really annoying, but I am in storm school, and tempest has helped me a lot lately, in both pvp, and real battles.
Since I learned Tempest, I've been winning a lot more 4v4 and 3v3 matches.

Thanks to you all,
Sestiva
level 29 Diviner

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
driftblim275 wrote:
First of all i just did a 4v4 and my team had these ranks

3 Privates, and I'm a Private, we were facing

1 Knight
1 Corparol
2 Warlords

I can understand Corparol but Knights and Warlords

The Point

Only make the next 2 ranks (lower or higher) fight aganist you

P.S. Jennifer Icerider, or Elijah if your reading this i strongely dislike you people

-Mark Thundersword
Annoyed Really Annoyed So Annoyed, Level 50 Diviner
i dont feel its unfair for a low ranked grandmaster to get a high ranked grandmaster your both grandmasters whats wrong to me all that rank says is hey he or she is good and its gonna be a good fight whats unfair is when you start one person down from the start and its 3 on 4 i seen it happen 5 times in 2 hours one time it was my brother and one was a friend of mine i was done for that day and my friend wanted to play i told him its only a matter of time till its you or me porting in like that when friends that are mad that bug needs stopped it seem with every update comes a new bug to me it seems like as soon as bazaar or that stun shield come along and what i find is so odd is there is over 2 million people playing to me that a lot of money for ki at there should be no bugs at all none dont you think ki i do what are we doing people you got to stop looking at the clock and start look at this game please it would be fun to play and not have to think man i sure hope every thing is ok :? scot deathhammer-granmaster-fire-storm-balance-noob-myth

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Ok...So here is an opinion from a long time player of over 10 months on this game. If you are good enough to gain a rank high enough to get in matches with higher lvl players then most likely they are low rank...meaning they are either not very good or they just dont pvp much...however i would suggest either finish leveling your character if you are that good and take him to the arena when he is a grand or deal with the consequences...no offense intended whatsoever. I just think their is a lot of whining and the way i live my life is put up or quit. so therefore my suggestion is to make sure when you are high ranked as a low level to pack lots of shields....treasure a few good attacks lots of heals and be ready to blade and hit when you can...as a death or life wizard you should have no problems anyway you look at it...you can heal yourself easily...so from an experienced players perspective...and yes i have had 3 guys beyond warlord that were under level 20...and i rarely lose to grands...so either play smarter, or go level your character. the rank matches are based in a fair way based on skill not on level...if you are a commander level 18 expect to face grand masters with private level...usually iot means they arent very good duelers.

Michael Icerider- Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Michael Angleheart- Grandmaster Sorcerer
Michael Dragonstalker- Master Diviner
Michael Shadowrider- Master Necromancer
Michael Dragonrider- Magus Pyromancer
Michael Hawkrider- Magus Conjurer

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
ugh man like all the time i get kicked around in ranked pvp i am always up against lvl 34-50 wizards and i am getting really sick of it come on now wizard101 should at least let you choose what lvl your teamates well that wouldnt be fair but at least do it for practice matches come on plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz PLZ i'm begging you well i'd beg you more for like a myth wizard to learn storm lord or rebirth or any kind of lvl 48 they want but only one of them at least for a training point. but anyways practice doesnt effect ranks or tickets come on plz! that is all. :D

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I was just in a 1v1 with a lvl 46 so not fair. She was a warlord and i a private. Never do a 1v1 with a person that has a higher rank i learned that the hard way. Kristinstargem, level 7 life wiz. P.S. My other person Sophia death flower is lvl 31 or32 idk she kill a lvl 50. :)