Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cloak card?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
What exactly does a cloak card do? I have used it to enhance a blade, a trap and a feint but I am not sure what it does to it?
Also does any know of a specific place a cloak card could be found?

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
I believe the Cloak card covers up one of the Monsters shields or charms, effectively rendering it useless. Similar to the Earthquake, but only affects one person. I got one, but haven't used it yet. There are also spells that allow you to steal shields or charms from your opponents. But you can get those if you're from an Elemental School, such as Fire, Ice or Storm.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
FastLane9 wrote:
What exactly does a cloak card do? I have used it to enhance a blade, a trap and a feint but I am not sure what it does to it?
Also does any know of a specific place a cloak card could be found?

They are rare drops and can't be bought...well, maybe booster packs, I'm not sure. I believe they cloak a current booster spell so you can cast another.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
The cloak card is meant to make traps and blades invisable to the opponent. As far as I know it is glitched though.

As for the location, from what I have read, the cats in Marlybone can drop them. Personally, I have only recieved one cloak card, but have not used it ATM.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Defender
Jan 20, 2009
Wizard101central.com has a thread on this. Basically, it masks whatever buff you cast on yourself, so that in PvP your opponent won't know what blades and shields you have up.

In PvE it's worthless.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Actaully, I'm not entirely sure of what a cloak card is.

Perhaps someone else knows?

I would assume that a cloak card...I don't know...maybe it gives it more power?

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
personally i've gotten cloak cards ONLY from the earthwalkers in mooshu in the outpost.