Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire: Evil or Mad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
OK, now we all know malistaire is trying to rule the spiral, but WHY?
i've seen other posts about saying because his wife died, but why doesn't he just move on? if malistaire somehow hacks in and answers this, it'd be great.
but still, is me mad? has he always been evil? just biding his time?
and i agree with Duncan Grimwater, Ambrose should stop blaming Malistaire for everything that goes wrong with HIS school.
so does anyone know why malistaire wants to rule?
any more theories besides always evil or mad? just asking.

Adrian Deathsword
Wraith pet
lvl 48 (always going up!)
Necromancer/Theurgist/Pyromancer

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
My impression of Malistaire's story is one of sadness and sorrow. He is a powerful man who has lost the one great love of his life and is feeling such great hurt that he wants everyone else to suffer along with him. I have to say that the storyline that plays out just before and after you defeat him is so beautiful. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I applaud the writers for such a wonderful storyline. I am just sad that the story has ended with his defeat...or has it?

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
ok, thx for that info
but still, you haven't answered my question:
WHY IS HE EVIL? is he mad or what? if kingsisle
could create some sort of story to read before you play
or like as an intro have the story when you start a new character,
so then we know WHY he's evil, or can at least get a theory.
and still, you have given one theory, so thx for that. i still need more though

Adrian Deathsword
lvl 50 now
wraith pet
all stuff entirely black
dragon rider staff

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
khorne wrote:
My impression of Malistaire's story is one of sadness and sorrow. He is a powerful man who has lost the one great love of his life and is feeling such great hurt that he wants everyone else to suffer along with him. I have to say that the storyline that plays out just before and after you defeat him is so beautiful. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I applaud the writers for such a wonderful storyline. I am just sad that the story has ended with his defeat...or has it?

ya, i know ... he only wanted to bring his wife back. it was like the highway man; he did everything he could to protect the person he loved. only now, he wants to ressurect his wife.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
i would think mad or veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sad(read "the celista story" post).

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
He isn't evil. He is mad with grief. He is in so much pain from losing his wife that he wants everyone to feel his pain. In his madness, he can only justify this by ruling the Spiral, thinking that this will make the pain go away.

Everyone is answering your question, it just isn't the answer you want to hear. So he is neither evil nor crazy, just angry and hurt. He can't move on, because he is blinded by the pain.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
As everyone else has pointed out, he's neither evil or crazy. Just grieving. And having magical capabilities only gives him more of an outlet in ways to express that overall grief.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
He is confused by his sadness. He doesnt know how to handle it! Its not his fault. So, no he is not crazy. And no, he is not evil......just confused......and very very sad
When i was a younger lvl, i thought he was just evil evil EVIL ! But i found out that he simply didnt know how to handle the kind of heavy sorrow that losing someone very dear to you causes. But of course I wouldnt know, it hasnt happened to me............yet.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Lynked wrote:
ok, thx for that info
but still, you haven't answered my question:
WHY IS HE EVIL? is he mad or what? if kingsisle
could create some sort of story to read before you play
or like as an intro have the story when you start a new character,
so then we know WHY he's evil, or can at least get a theory.
and still, you have given one theory, so thx for that. i still need more though

Adrian Deathsword
lvl 50 now
wraith pet
all stuff entirely black
dragon rider staff

when you first started your charcter there was an introduction of who malistaire was. the story is also explained along the way. why he attacks kroc, mb, mooshu, & ds. don't rush through and listen to the characters and you will get the story.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Lynked wrote:
OK, now we all know malistaire is trying to rule the spiral, but WHY?
i've seen other posts about saying because his wife died, but why doesn't he just move on? if malistaire somehow hacks in and answers this, it'd be great.
but still, is me mad? has he always been evil? just biding his time?
and i agree with Duncan Grimwater, Ambrose should stop blaming Malistaire for everything that goes wrong with HIS school.
so does anyone know why malistaire wants to rule?
any more theories besides always evil or mad? just asking.

Adrian Deathsword
Wraith pet
lvl 48 (always going up!)
Necromancer/Theurgist/Pyromancer
he's mad. and his wife died. ya know why he is mad about it? SILVIA DRAKE IS HIS MOST FAVORITE PERSON OR THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he really like death but his #1 fav is silvia drake. lol.
it true. there magic are mortal enimies but there in love. malistaire went through all of this just to bring silvia drake back alive. but, even death can not be undone. so this madness goes on forever, untill, YOU KILL HIM FOR GOOD! you defeat him in his lair in the great sypre in ds. (i been there but have not gotten a quest for it. lol)
o, and, if your in a hurry, you can just skip all the bosses and go to his lair.
you use a trick. (that comes in handy) when ya in a duel, log out, and log in again. best in a dungeon. like a friend is there, you log out of a duel, you port to the friend when you get back on. (i learned it from my mom)
you log out and while in the duel, let the others go past you. log out, log in, and port to the friend in there. simple. (btw, malistaire's stuff is the best in the game.)
does that help? if cyrus is online, or a person or monster from the game or bartlby, if i'm wrong, tell me what really happen.

thomas giantcaller. aka, the best king ever.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
It is so sad we had to kill him. Sure, he is acting weird. But we could just take him to a psychiatrist ( I know, i spelled dat rong.)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
khorne wrote:

well, at least he is with his wife now 8)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
He isn't evil. He is mad with grief. He is in so much pain from losing his wife that he wants everyone to feel his pain. In his madness, he can only justify this by ruling the Spiral, thinking that this will make the pain go away.

Everyone is answering your question, it just isn't the answer you want to hear. So he is neither evil nor crazy, just angry and hurt. He can't move on, because he is blinded by the pain.

Ya know....I kinda can't help feeling sorry for him......