Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Stunning and Unfair Balance Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
You think being a balance wizard is easy?

Shields of ours only block 50% of the damage, we have weak attacks,
we have the most cards to chose from for our deck. Traps/blades affect every schools damage spells. Judgment is really our only BIG hitter. Sure I can get spectral blast to do 1000+ damage, but it's so much easier to know what I'll hit with a judgement. You see it's actuaully hard for us. You guys can attack while were buffing up out attack. Plus our rank 7 spell is HORRIBLE compared to other schools. See what I mean?

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Balance is a good class. It is not unfair because first of all. Every class has its own disadvantages and advantages in its own way. By the way every pvp with grandmasters or atleast lvl 30 above buys those dang tower shield treasure cards then uses it so really balance is fair cause you guys buy tower shields from the library. I know so many people that have bought many tower shields for pvp. To have all the shields in balance class is a good idea because first of all it does have a way to shield. Second its not that much of an attack. And third the accuracy is normal. And chain stuns ok now that really makes me mad. But still its ok to stun but not to chain stun.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Along with the new area that is coming soon, is also a few updates. One of them addresses the chain stunning issues.

Mr. Lincoln wrote:
Stun Lock
When a player is hit with a Stun spell in combat they will still but stunned, but now a new Stun Shield will appear around them. The next time that player is attacked with any spell that stuns, the stun will be blocked and the shield will be used up.
This applies to creatures as well! The shield will be raised for them too.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
My mistake as I was copying and quoting from the main Sneak Peek Page. Professor Greyrose has posted here about the process. Gove some feedback!

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/7166.ftl

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,
I have seen and heard about many fire wizards, ice wizards, myth wizards, do to much stunning in the arena. When they keep on stunning it makes it really not fair for the opposing team to attack. Please administrators hear my plea, this stunning is really making it unfair. If you wish to keep this stunning make it at least a low accuracy percentage: 30%, 50%, or lower. Because this stunning has really getting annoying.

Also, Balance has really beginning to become a huge threat. Balance wizards get all the set ups and shields which makes it really hard to attack or defend!. Also, there is barely any shields for balance! This is really getting annoying please administrators it would make a big difference if you change balance a little.

LOL! to all who will read this! ITS JUST A GAME! look i have been almost every school, and i have won and lost in the arena equally with the new spells and treasure cards and with out, it still comes down to who has the best skill! no matter what school. i watched a gruop of grandmasters get beat by a group that had one apprentice two journey men and one master! no special treasure cards were used and only ones who used final spells were the grandmasters! and they got beat! ppl need to realize no matter what kind of changes occur or what school you are or WHATEVER! if you do not play smart you will lose. trust me i dont like being stunned or fighing shields or playing someone who can heal all the time or has stronger cards than or blah blah blah. get over it guys leave KI alone and just enjoy this awesome game! even if you do lose in the arena!
Jonathan Icewhisper
GrandMaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 23, 2009
CatSydsMom wrote:
Achilles975,
Again I suggest that you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Before you make statements against something, you should know what you are talking about. It is clear you are not really all that familiar with the balance school.

Cat

I agree 100% I am a Balance Wizard lvl 45 and I still get owned by most of the high lvl sections of the game simply not enough heal. Only thing that gets ,me through at all is helping hangs and guiding light I got off an item. otherwise as defend well and we can buff but one weakness from an enemy and it's all useless.

Also our power hit is a faction of most schools.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
I will admit that Balance's shields are very annoying at times, and I totally agree that stunning is needing to be nerfed a bit. But all schools can dominate the arena. I have seen life dominate, I have seen storm dominate(it was me :D) heck, I've seen every school dominate the arena. its all about deck set up and working with a team. I a storm wizard I have my ice brother keeping shields down, my life friend keeping the team alive, my fire friend to give back-up damage and me Demolishing with a super charged tempest you need to strengthen your strengths, and cover your weaknesses(my solution to storm's accuracy problem: clothing boosts! my storm spells are as accurate as like balance now :D)

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
uune wrote:
Hey, what if I think storm wizards are overpowered?

They get a four pip attack that can deal 500 damage!

They get a 6 pip attack that can deal 900 damage!

They get a spell that puts a positive ward on all opponents!

Not fair!

But, as you've noticed, I mentioned nothing of their lack of accuracy, lack of health and lack of defence.

In effect, you all are doing the same thing. Balance wizards do cast many negative wards (shields) and negative charms (weaknesses). But instead of taking annoyance at the part of the balance school that simply gets in your way, and wanting to get rid of it so balance wizards are even easier to destroy, think about their own disadvantages. They don't get strong spells, and they get few attacking spells. Many of their manipulation spells cost ridiculous pip amounts (give power? Three pips?), so removing the shields of a balance wizard would completely destroy them.

If it gets in your way, find away around it. Not every obstacle on the path is going to be taken away for you, try surmounting some of your own.

Dude I love this comment. It shows everyone the simplicity of being able to obtain the advantage, how do you beat a storm wizard? take away our power, how to beat ice? take away defenses. How to beat death? weaken their steal spell to the point of them a pip waste. Then victory is within you sights.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Okay, here's my take on the subject.

BALANCE:
1. Althought I think Balance is a very difficult school to start off, and work your way through the game, once you hit level 28, and get judgment, your are basically set.
a. Yet, not all balance wizards are good balance wizards! For example, I have 2 friends that are my friends that are balance. One is my brother, who is the best balance wizard I have seen, and one very very weak one. They are both same level, and yet my brother can hit 8000 with his judgment, and my other friends only 1500? It all depends on the traps, and in PVP, you have to invest in other schools to get these traps. or else your simply not going to be good! If your complaing about judgment, and how balance doesn't have a shield, invest in ice, and get a tower shield! Its that simple.

2. There are only 5 traps and blades (Without treasure cards) you can use in the whole entire game to use judgment.
-Hex (30%)
-Balance Blade (25%-30%)
-Blade Storm (20%) AP
-Feint (70%)(30% On you)
- Curse (20%)
*Not to mention balance blades and blade storm's are the weakest blades in the whole entire game! Feint and curse both come from death, and like many people before me have said, becoming a good wizard is not about specalizing in your one school, but also getting into others schools that will work best to your advantage.

ICE:
1. I myself am an Ice wizard. The only disadvantage about going throught the worlds as an ice is that you can not solo. I know someone is going to quote this, and tell me I am wrong, but for the most part it is true. You HAVE to rely on friends. Have you ever tried to complete a whole tower in DS with a ice wizard? I certainly would use all my potions, and its not worth the time.
2. A lot of people complain about our level 48 spell, and I basically say, suck it up, because we have worked hard to deserve that HA (Hit all) card, with a stun assigned to it! It's the only reason I even chose to do Ice, and its the reason, other then my tower sheild, and stuns, that make me feel even useful in a PVP now.
A. PVP is extremely difficult in 1v1.
B. Yet. when people say Ice has weak attacks compared to other schools, I agree, we do not have great, but are definetly not weak! When I play my cards right, and when I put the right stuff up, My attacks range from 2500-6000. The game is all about stradgey, and sometimes people just don't see the right way to play the game, and start to blame other things.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Kenndalll wrote:
Okay, here's my take on the subject.

BALANCE:
1. Althought I think Balance is a very difficult school to start off, and work your way through the game, once you hit level 28, and get judgment, your are basically set.
a. Yet, not all balance wizards are good balance wizards! For example, I have 2 friends that are my friends that are balance. One is my brother, who is the best balance wizard I have seen, and one very very weak one. They are both same level, and yet my brother can hit 8000 with his judgment, and my other friends only 1500? It all depends on the traps, and in PVP, you have to invest in other schools to get these traps. or else your simply not going to be good! If your complaing about judgment, and how balance doesn't have a shield, invest in ice, and get a tower shield! Its that simple.

2. There are only 5 traps and blades (Without treasure cards) you can use in the whole entire game to use judgment.
-Hex (30%)
-Balance Blade (25%-30%)
-Blade Storm (20%) AP
-Feint (70%)(30% On you)
- Curse (20%)
*Not to mention balance blades and blade storm's are the weakest blades in the whole entire game! Feint and curse both come from death, and like many people before me have said, becoming a good wizard is not about specalizing in your one school, but also getting into others schools that will work best to your advantage.

ICE:
1. I myself am an Ice wizard. The only disadvantage about going throught the worlds as an ice is that you can not solo. I know someone is going to quote this, and tell me I am wrong, but for the most part it is true. You HAVE to rely on friends. Have you ever tried to complete a whole tower in DS with a ice wizard? I certainly would use all my potions, and its not worth the time.
2. A lot of people complain about our level 48 spell, and I basically say, suck it up, because we have worked hard to deserve that HA (Hit all) card, with a stun assigned to it! It's the only reason I even chose to do Ice, and its the reason, other then my tower sheild, and stuns, that make me feel even useful in a PVP now.
A. PVP is extremely difficult in 1v1.
B. Yet. when people say Ice has weak attacks compared to other schools, I agree, we do not have great, but are definetly not weak! When I play my cards right, and when I put the right stuff up, My attacks range from 2500-6000. The game is all about stradgey, and sometimes people just don't see the right way to play the game, and start to blame other things.

Being your brother that did 8 thousand damage, I can say that I have yet to see another balance wizard do that much damage. I was beating up on grandmaster's since I was level 40. Nothing really changed besides my health and gear in the ten levels I passed. Well, sister. when I help you we got up to like 10,000 with your collosus. Because you have a boost against fire. When Balance has ABSOLUTELY NO boost again ANY OTHER school.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
achilles975 Jun/5/2009 11:56:21 pm Subject: Unfair Stunning and Unfair Balance Wizards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andrew248 wrote:
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,
I have seen and heard about many fire wizards, ice wizards, myth wizards, do to much stunning in the arena. When they keep on stunning it makes it really not fair for the opposing team to attack. Please administrators hear my plea, this stunning is really making it unfair. If you wish to keep this stunning make it at least a low accuracy percentage: 30%, 50%, or lower. Because this stunning has really getting annoying.

Also, Balance has really beginning to become a huge threat. Balance wizards get all the set ups and shields which makes it really hard to attack or defend!. Also, there is barely any shields for balance! This is really getting annoying please administrators it would make a big difference if you change balance a little.

Ok, let me express my feelings, I'M A BALANCE WIZARD! I DOMINATE! RAWR!

Ok, back on topic, each school has a certain ability that makes it stand out from all the other schools. Stunning is just part of the game. In fact, thats one of Ice's main abilities, to defend and stun to gain an advantage. If Myth and Fire has it, so be it, it could be a small bonus to their school spells.

Fire's main ability is DOT spells (Damage Over Time). They burn the competition with these spells and use pretty powerful fire spells anyway.

Myth is like Storm, have powerful spells, but have a low accuracy. BUT, they stand out greatly as the summoner. They summon a lot of minions to help them in battle.

Life has high accuracy spells, but low attack power. Their main ability is just to heal.

Death has somewhat high attack power and accuracy. Their main ability is to Sacrifice health to gain an advantage (put a debuff on an enemy, gain pips, or heal an ally). But, they make up for the sacrificial ceremonies by draining enemies of health.

Although i didn't need to go TOO into detail with the schools, i just thought I should. Now, for Balance.

Balance has a little bit of ALL the schools in it. Maybe 1 or 2 spells from each school are in balance. It obviously will have Fire, Ice, and Storm. It has a healing spell, has 2 summoning minion spells, but I have not seen a health draining spell yet. Balance is the BIG TIME BUFFER of this whole game. They are supposed to have a big arsenal of shields,buffs, and debuffs.

Well, I hope that explained that there are advantages to schools that will be a disadvantage to others in PvP.

Err I have to disagree on that.
Not all of it is fair no offense to administartors or faculty.
For example:
Life barely lack anything, can heal, have more accuracy.
Those are two advantages. One lack

Storm lack accuracy and health! Powerful in Strength
That is one advantage and lacks two things!

Myth emphasize on minions lack on accuracy and strength.
Those are two things they lack one advantage.

Death attack & steal health. Many buffs and charms. lack only strength
Those are four advantages and one lack.

Balance Too many defenses, charms, and buffs. Lack strength however balance is hard to kill with many defenses.
Those are three advantages and barely any lack.

Ice lack strength, however powerful in defenses.
One lack One adavantage pretty fair.

Fire advantage is strength with a lack of accuracy and health. However fire stuns unlike storm but storm can storm only with storm lord.

That is two advantages but stunning is unfair when it comes to the arena and two lacks.

I know how you guys think about stunning but I am not talking about the fighting monsters in the spiral I am talking about arena.

Stunning has been a great threat to the arena. For example there is a four player team with a myth and a fire wizard which stun all with only one PIP and 100%. How is the opposing team suppose to attack? And the other two players attack while the fire and the myth keep stunning which makes it really unfair this is a true story.

dont forget how myth also focuses on taking down all the shields a person will use.

anyway, balnce is THE hardest school to use. we get a weakness or tower shield, the only way to get rid of it is to get rid of ALL our work with the wand. you really need to try making a balance person see how hard it is, untilol then you cant complain about balance. we've worked so hard to get ONE spell to use that i think we deserve it.

and about the stuns, we need those too. without those, ice, myth especially and fire would lose a lot of power in the arena when they're already not THE most powerful.

just please stop complaining and try to walk in someone elses shoes(ahem myth, ice, balance and fire's)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
This arguement about unfair advantages is futile. All the different schools were made with their own special skill and dis-advantage. The game makers planned it this way on purpose. Complaining about people using the advantages given to them by the game designers leads no where and makes you look childish. If you insist that wizards not use their top spells because you don't like the stun advantage, then you should with hold from using your own top spells since they give you an advantage as well.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
:D I got into a battle with a lower level then me and i lost because he was balance! all he did to me is weak spells then out of know were a he stuns me about every round. i realy dont think it is fair :(

Survivor
May 24, 2009
andrew248 wrote:
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,

Ok, let me express my feelings, I'M A BALANCE WIZARD! I DOMINATE! RAWR!

Ok, back on topic, each school has a certain ability that makes it stand out from all the other schools. Stunning is just part of the game. In fact, thats one of Ice's main abilities, to defend and stun to gain an advantage. If Myth and Fire has it, so be it, it could be a small bonus to their school spells.

Fire's main ability is DOT spells (Damage Over Time). They burn the competition with these spells and use pretty powerful fire spells anyway.

Myth is like Storm, have powerful spells, but have a low accuracy. BUT, they stand out greatly as the summoner. They summon a lot of minions to help them in battle.

Life has high accuracy spells, but low attack power. Their main ability is just to heal.

Death has somewhat high attack power and accuracy. Their main ability is to Sacrifice health to gain an advantage (put a debuff on an enemy, gain pips, or heal an ally). But, they make up for the sacrificial ceremonies by draining enemies of health.

Although i didn't need to go TOO into detail with the schools, i just thought I should. Now, for Balance.

Balance has a little bit of ALL the schools in it. Maybe 1 or 2 spells from each school are in balance. It obviously will have Fire, Ice, and Storm. It has a healing spell, has 2 summoning minion spells, but I have not seen a health draining spell yet. Balance is the BIG TIME BUFFER of this whole game. They are supposed to have a big arsenal of shields,buffs, and debuffs.

Well, I hope that explained that there are advantages to schools that will be a disadvantage to others in PvP.

lol i'm life and it does not have low attack back to the topic i say balance is unfair on judgement beacause you use all your pips and boom! its unfair

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I don't think balance is more powerful than the other school but if you think otherwise spend your training points on some balance spells

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
balance is overpowered and death is overpowered in the arena and balance is actually not that good outside of PVP.... fire is also really good in PVP anything with a damage card that has X pip take up is in PVP is overpowered because remember that PVP has a damage buff added to all cards and that damage buff is aded over and over again to the players judgemt heck hound etc cards.... they may seem OP ( overpowered ) but trust me if you level a balance wizard it will seem very much not at all OP.... in PVE is were balance lacks

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Guys, Girls PLEASE Ifyou dont like Balance, as in fighting one, BE one

Youtube910 Sophia Strong lvl 21 1st:Balance 2nd:Ice 3rd:Life 4th:Fire
lol GO BALANCE

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Ok, i don't feel like reading all these posts i've read a bit in here but there fixng stuns ok you get a stun shield after your stunned so you can;t be stunned next turn.

The End...I hope

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Yes we are getting stun shields with Grizzleheim. While it fixes 2v2 and maybe 3v3 (they won't have to worry about chain stun ever again :D), it does nothing to fix 4v4. Why? Because the chain stunning team can just get around it by casting 2 stuns in 1 turn; the first one stuns, and the second stun removes the stun shields that pop up after the first. So while it is a step in the right direction, it does not completely stop chain stunning altogether.

Also, I agree that people should play a balance wizard before they judge the school. While judgment can one shot, you can easily save yourself by casting either absorb shield, tower shield, or weakness.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I agree, the complainer should make a balance character and try leveling a balance all the way up to grandmaster... trust me it is not easy at all. My first toon and only grandmaster was balance and it was a long hard journey but well worth it. Most of the time it was not easy to solo. I dont think it is unfair with stuns or balance spells. It is called Balance for a reason to help us counter like say storm, storm is a powerful school, but accuracy is bad. Balance helps lessen their dangerous spell damage. I dont think we have much compared to other schools, shields and blades and judgement, that's about it. Storm gets storm lord, triton, and other schools get other powerful spells. balance is great for pvp, because we learn how to counter spells in advance and time it right and go for the kill with say judgement, traps, blades and feint.

Delver
May 29, 2009
It is not unfair to be a balance wizard. We have a hard enough time when we are playing than any other school has. I should know because I have six characters all from different schools. Life and Death attacks will boost the damage on a balance character. We may have three shields on one card (50%) instead of the rest of the schools that have one school specific (80%) or two shields for the their corresponding schools (70%). But what about traps? You can set a trap for an enemy and it doesn't cost you any pip points. We have to use one pip for each card. Same thing with the blades.

For example: I can set up an elemental trap and a hex shield on a myth based enemy and a balance blade and elemental blade on myself so I can use a spectral blast and hope that it pulls out storm. However if that enemy puts up just ONE storm shield my attack only does 96-184 damage depending on their resistance. I have now wasted 6 pips (one for the traps, one for the blades, and four for the spectral blast). Don't even forget to mention how many turns it took me to get my pips because I either have to spend a turn to shield myself or throw weakness or inprecision blades on them to keep their attacks down. Not to mention using my pips to heal myself.

No one is saying anything good about what we do when we are in battle WITH you while fighting monsters. I shield other players, I help heal them with sprites and healing hands, I give them blades or set up traps for them to use their attacks. I call upon my minions who also help shield and blade you. I think some appreciation is in order for what we do to help our teammates.

Yeah our battles may last longer when we solo but most of the time we overcome because we know that "THE BEST OFFENSE IS A GOOD DEFENSE"

The best I can tell any school is to dress accordingly.

If you have low health then dress with more life
If your accuracy is a problem then wear clothes that have more precision percentage.
If your attacks are low then wear clothes that have high attack percentages (forget the extra points).
Check the class of your enemies and change to your clothes so you have defense against them.
Make sure you equip a wand that is not in the same class as your enemy and if that is not possible then choose one that you have high attack power in.

Alura Hexcaster
Master Sorcerer

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Un fair stunning dont think so its part of the game i play death,balance,fire no stuns there i think it is wrong to remove chain stunning.
I've been stunned back to back lost a battle or two but oh well that the game stun shied is a good ideal.

Balance school sheilds only protect at 50% other schools 80% disadvantage.
boosters 20-25% other school 25-40% disadvantage

advantage no traning point for shields(50%protection)
no major protection for balance spells.-50%/55%shields.

the only really major spell is judgement and it uses all your pips

any school you play you have to play up your advantages and protect your weakness,take advantage of your opponents weakness.

If you can beat a balance person find his/her weakness and go for it.:-)

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Nosleep wrote:
I think it is unfair that balance wizards get to have three shields on one card. To shield against three schools of magic I have to have two turns. I also have to use two spots in my deck. The balance wizard only needs one turn and one spot in their deck. I had to spend two training points to get a shields for schools of magic not shielded by my class. The balance wizard did not have to do that. Do I get a bigger deck? No. Do I get more training points? No.

I don't think the balance wizard poses any great threat because of the power of its spells. It is the unfair advantage regarding shields that should be addressed.

balance only gets 50% protecting for the shields other schools get 75-80% protection what to address?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Hi have you been useing your training points.

Blizzardwind