Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Stunning and Unfair Balance Wizards

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Hello all,
I have seen and heard about many fire wizards, ice wizards, myth wizards, do to much stunning in the arena. When they keep on stunning it makes it really not fair for the opposing team to attack. Please administrators hear my plea, this stunning is really making it unfair. If you wish to keep this stunning make it at least a low accuracy percentage: 30%, 50%, or lower. Because this stunning has really getting annoying.

Also, Balance has really beginning to become a huge threat. Balance wizards get all the set ups and shields which makes it really hard to attack or defend!. Also, there is barely any shields for balance! This is really getting annoying please administrators it would make a big difference if you change balance a little.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Before you start crying foul and claiming Balance wizards are too strong, I highly suggest you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Once you've done that, you can let us know if you still think Balance is too strong and has unfair advantages.

Cat

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
All wizards have a fair chance against other wizards with a decent setup. A proper deck, and a decent power pip percentage goes a long way in pvp.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,
I have seen and heard about many fire wizards, ice wizards, myth wizards, do to much stunning in the arena. When they keep on stunning it makes it really not fair for the opposing team to attack. Please administrators hear my plea, this stunning is really making it unfair. If you wish to keep this stunning make it at least a low accuracy percentage: 30%, 50%, or lower. Because this stunning has really getting annoying.

Also, Balance has really beginning to become a huge threat. Balance wizards get all the set ups and shields which makes it really hard to attack or defend!. Also, there is barely any shields for balance! This is really getting annoying please administrators it would make a big difference if you change balance a little.

Ok, let me express my feelings, I'M A BALANCE WIZARD! I DOMINATE! RAWR!

Ok, back on topic, each school has a certain ability that makes it stand out from all the other schools. Stunning is just part of the game. In fact, thats one of Ice's main abilities, to defend and stun to gain an advantage. If Myth and Fire has it, so be it, it could be a small bonus to their school spells.

Fire's main ability is DOT spells (Damage Over Time). They burn the competition with these spells and use pretty powerful fire spells anyway.

Myth is like Storm, have powerful spells, but have a low accuracy. BUT, they stand out greatly as the summoner. They summon a lot of minions to help them in battle.

Life has high accuracy spells, but low attack power. Their main ability is just to heal.

Death has somewhat high attack power and accuracy. Their main ability is to Sacrifice health to gain an advantage (put a debuff on an enemy, gain pips, or heal an ally). But, they make up for the sacrificial ceremonies by draining enemies of health.

Although i didn't need to go TOO into detail with the schools, i just thought I should. Now, for Balance.

Balance has a little bit of ALL the schools in it. Maybe 1 or 2 spells from each school are in balance. It obviously will have Fire, Ice, and Storm. It has a healing spell, has 2 summoning minion spells, but I have not seen a health draining spell yet. Balance is the BIG TIME BUFFER of this whole game. They are supposed to have a big arsenal of shields,buffs, and debuffs.

Well, I hope that explained that there are advantages to schools that will be a disadvantage to others in PvP.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
andrew248 wrote:
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,

Ok, back on topic, each school has a certain ability that makes it stand out from all the other schools. Stunning is just part of the game. In fact, thats one of Ice's main abilities, to defend and stun to gain an advantage. If Myth and Fire has it, so be it, it could be a small bonus to their school spells.

Fire's main ability is DOT spells (Damage Over Time). They burn the competition with these spells and use pretty powerful fire spells anyway.

Myth is like Storm, have powerful spells, but have a low accuracy. BUT, they stand out greatly as the summoner. They summon a lot of minions to help them in battle.

Life has high accuracy spells, but low attack power. Their main ability is just to heal.

Death has somewhat high attack power and accuracy. Their main ability is to Sacrifice health to gain an advantage (put a debuff on an enemy, gain pips, or heal an ally). But, they make up for the sacrificial ceremonies by draining enemies of health.

Although i didn't need to go TOO into detail with the schools, i just thought I should. Now, for Balance.

Balance has a little bit of ALL the schools in it. Maybe 1 or 2 spells from each school are in balance. It obviously will have Fire, Ice, and Storm. It has a healing spell, has 2 summoning minion spells, but I have not seen a health draining spell yet. Balance is the BIG TIME BUFFER of this whole game. They are supposed to have a big arsenal of shields,buffs, and debuffs.

Well, I hope that explained that there are advantages to schools that will be a disadvantage to others in PvP.

Err I have to disagree on that.
Not all of it is fair no offense to administartors or faculty.
For example:
Life barely lack anything, can heal, have more accuracy.
Those are two advantages. One lack

Storm lack accuracy and health! Powerful in Strength
That is one advantage and lacks two things!

Myth emphasize on minions lack on accuracy and strength.
Those are two things they lack one advantage.

Death attack & steal health. Many buffs and charms. lack only strength
Those are four advantages and one lack.

Balance Too many defenses, charms, and buffs. Lack strength however balance is hard to kill with many defenses.
Those are three advantages and barely any lack.

Ice lack strength, however powerful in defenses.
One lack One adavantage pretty fair.

Fire advantage is strength with a lack of accuracy and health. However fire stuns unlike storm but storm can storm only with storm lord.

That is two advantages but stunning is unfair when it comes to the arena and two lacks.

I know how you guys think about stunning but I am not talking about the fighting monsters in the spiral I am talking about arena.

Stunning has been a great threat to the arena. For example there is a four player team with a myth and a fire wizard which stun all with only one PIP and 100%. How is the opposing team suppose to attack? And the other two players attack while the fire and the myth keep stunning which makes it really unfair this is a true story.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
CatSydsMom wrote:
Before you start crying foul and claiming Balance wizards are too strong, I highly suggest you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Once you've done that, you can let us know if you still think Balance is too strong and has unfair advantages.

Cat

Oh, really?
How come then,
They get a lot of charms and buffs,
They get a lot of shields,
There is barely a shield for a balance attack(besides hex shield),
They get a lot of health,
They get a lot of accuracy,
Seriously thats too much,
This is just what I think you all have your opinions but some agree with my opinions. What I am trying to explain is that no one is perfect when it comes to fairness.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
achilles975 wrote:
CatSydsMom wrote:

Cat

Oh, really?
How come then,
They get a lot of charms and buffs,
They get a lot of shields,
There is barely a shield for a balance attack(besides hex shield),
They get a lot of health,
They get a lot of accuracy,
Seriously thats too much,
This is just what I think you all have your opinions but some agree with my opinions. What I am trying to explain is that no one is perfect when it comes to fairness.

Lot of charms and shields because for the most part their attacks are just so/so. There arent shields for balance because the best attack from balance is elemental in nature so you can use your fire ice and storm shields. Yes they get accuracy and a lot of helath because they dont do much damage below for pips. Even at 4 pips with the elemental attack, if it randomly selects ice you sort of wasted an attack. As for the dreaded and feared judgement, its overrated. In order for it to be the horrific spell everyone claims, you need time. Time to set traps and charms and hoard pips, meanwhile the smart wizard should be able to beat the heck out of the balance wizard. Judgement is best used as a finisher.

The balance wizards best hope in winning is out lasting. My balance wizard is only my fav because it is my first. I much prefer my death wizard over him.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
I am a fire wizard and i pvp alot myself and i do agree that there has been to much chain stunning going on in the arena even if you lower the percentage rate it wont do much good they still have a high percentage of hitting there mark so i suggest that stun cards that hit all players be used in this fashion put them at 5 pips to stun all this way it gives the other team a chance to hit and play fair not just chain stunning so they can build up their rank. Yes i am a warlord but i also earned it by fighting my apponents in a fair fight by not stunning.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
achilles975 wrote:

This is getting old the complaints about balance shields and judgment. First off, as others have said, we really have no high damage spells. We usually have to pick off with small hitting spells that are unreliable in damage and accuracy at best. Even judgment fizzles. Add to that the fact, all the spells you are complaining about are available to everyone either by secondary school or treasure cards and there really isn't much unfairness to it, including the glorious reshuffle. Anyone and everyone I have faced in arena has had the same shields and buffs as a balance wizard. Couple that with their own school shields and buffs what is left for a balance wizard but the heal, shield and wait for pips to play the dreaded judgment which may or may not fizzle. Not to mention there is a shield against balance wizard, the tower shield available as treasure or through ice school. It may take someone a lot longer to defeat us which has been my own experience in arena but we are not almighty. The ones I usually defeat are the ones who are gung ho on attacking right off and don't have the patience to shield up. They are all about damage and none about defense. I had one guy actually call me noob because I shielded and all he wanted to do was attack. Sorry but there is a boss in dragonspyre who teaches defense shields. Before complaining go up against this woman and her shield bots alone. It's not easy but with patience can be done. Balance wizards in arena have nothing compared to this boss. My point being, we all have our pros and cons. I don't think any one school is better than another all the way. As in any game you play there are damage classes, support classes, etc. As I've heard said many times this game is geared toward playing as a team not solo although it all can be done solo.

Scarlet Song
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Achilles975,
Again I suggest that you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Before you make statements against something, you should know what you are talking about. It is clear you are not really all that familiar with the balance school.

Cat

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Achilles,

Instead of creating yet another thread on this tired subject, why not simply look in the other forums. Believe me, there are plenty of threads about Stun and Balance(Judgment). Your opinion differs not in the slightest regarding those who are against Balance. You will find much deeper commentary on the subject within these 2-3 page threads.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Balance is a buffing class if you took away balances buffs then youd have to take away storms strenth ices health fires dot myths summon lifes heal and deaths life steal we use a good stratgy get over it its like any other game

on another note stunning and using buffs is completely fair

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Take secondary schools out of the equation, then tell me how "all powerful" balance school is then, ok? If you want changes to a school, it's pointless to bring in cards from other schools because those cards are not balance.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Ok you may hate balance wizards and stuning but thats not fair i am a balance wizard and its ben really tough for me to level most guys in mb and ms have resist against balance by 30% and they have killed me tons of times its also extremly hard for balance to solo until there grandmasters they need friends for every boss except mctavish and if the admin destroy balance most of the storyline and monsters and krokotopia will have to be destroyed as well they would have to remake half of the game so dont rush into destroying balance plus balance isnt even given credit in wizard city there is no marker for it in the housing store it isnt in the magical seal and its school and tree are in krokotopia

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
I think it is unfair that balance wizards get to have three shields on one card. To shield against three schools of magic I have to have two turns. I also have to use two spots in my deck. The balance wizard only needs one turn and one spot in their deck. I had to spend two training points to get a shields for schools of magic not shielded by my class. The balance wizard did not have to do that. Do I get a bigger deck? No. Do I get more training points? No.

I don't think the balance wizard poses any great threat because of the power of its spells. It is the unfair advantage regarding shields that should be addressed.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok for all the whiners out there who keep comlaining abiut stun spells need to get over it. Stun is a spell that lets someone gain an advantage over the oppenent anywhere not just fighting monsters but in PvP as well. If the creators of Wizard101 gave fire, ice, and myth wizards stun so let it be, you can't stop people from using the spell.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Balance characters as they apply to playing the game may be at a dissadvantage somewhat from other schools especially when it comes to running solo.

But they have the only spells that do not have corresponding shields to counteract them. This point makes any dissadvantage rather small especially if they have their decks setup right for the current situation.

Now , if it is really true that balance takes a little from each of the other schools then it stands to reason that each schools' primary shield should block at least some of the damage from any balance spell. It's only logical.

In the arena, low level balance wizards are a threat but they don't become a real hazard until they get into the mid to high levels.

It appears that even with all the griping about lack of hp the hardcore people that plan on playing in the arena, for the most part, build balance wizards.

Balance is obviously a powerhouse in the arena, just look at the weekly pvp list. How many balance wizards are in the top 10 or the top 15 compared to the other schools?

When it comes to STUN and the SETUPS for balance. Just like with the other schools, you can only have so many of each card in your deck.

Not sure about balance setups but stun costs pips to cast as well.

Load up some accuracy traps to counteract the stunning and you are building pips while you see stars so keep a powerhouse spell ready for when you come to.

A good group of balance setups takes away a lot of slots for damage spells.

Balance would need enough for at least two setups in case something happens.

That's what? 8-10 cards? Plus one judgment.

Also healing sprites- 4?

Some shielding, but probably not much.

Some wand strikes, and few spells lower than judgment.

Yes I know about shuffle--so buy a couple for yourself and use them too.

As you can see, a good deck setup designed specifically for balance would go a long way.

If balance is still frustrating you, then do as I will eventually do and make a balance wizard . Learn how to play it and get some insights on defending against it.

BTW: So far I have found the Fire Wizard has the best chance to take out a balance wizard with a properly setup deck.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Nosleep wrote:
I think it is unfair that balance wizards get to have three shields on one card. To shield against three schools of magic I have to have two turns. I also have to use two spots in my deck. The balance wizard only needs one turn and one spot in their deck. I had to spend two training points to get a shields for schools of magic not shielded by my class. The balance wizard did not have to do that. Do I get a bigger deck? No. Do I get more training points? No.

I don't think the balance wizard poses any great threat because of the power of its spells. It is the unfair advantage regarding shields that should be addressed.

The three shield defences only protect at 50% while the double shield defences protect at 70% and the single shields protect at 80%. That seems fair to me.

I do agree there is a problem in PvP with chain stunners. they each can use a stun all spell with one power pip and there are teams playing that never miss. Instead of 2 pips, I agree with increasing the pip requirement to 4 or five pips. This way, they may still chain stun occasionally, but will have no way of maintaining it for five or six turns. Another way is to increase pip requirement ot 3 pips AND lower accuracy to 50% or 60%. A lot of people are making the 80% accurate stun spells and putting Keen Eyes or similar on them. Then add that to the accuracy boost on equipment, and they never miss. This is what is causing the problem.

I hate being in a 4v4 battle and never being able to do anything. No shields, no attacks, no boost, nothing. It is really frustrating and, to me, shows the lack of skill and taste that our young wizards are resorting to - to gain tickets and points in the arena. Just look at Jack Hammer, the level 9 who made the top 100 list. He is there because of chain stunning. Being chain stunned is like being beat up and not being able to defend your self. With dispel (I am a storm wizard) I can at least make a move just that my storm spell will fizzle.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
andrew248 wrote:
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,

yeah balance rocks but they r not unfair. i never do shields my strongest is storm(lightning bat) my weakest is balance (scarab) but i still love balance its advanced. ps im tatiana spell weave.

this is stronger me saying my strongest is still storm but now its storm shark soon to be kraken :-) having trouble with the vault of ice :-( please help me!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Okay, lemme state my opinion.

1) I believe the author of this thread is referring to chain stunning, something that has gotten WAY out of hand.

Basically, wizards in PvP are teaming up and filling their decks with as many stun spells as possible. One team of 4 can have 60+ stuns altogether. Then, they just use one stun after another to freeze the other team and prevent the opposing team from attacking, shielding, and any other form of ANYTHING in combat.

It's a cheap tactic that is getting really old, and these chain stunners are even making it into the top 100 PvP list. Chain stunning is a form of tactic that is both unfair and childish.

Honestly, if you're such a horrible dueler that your opponent has to be immobile in order for you to win, you're doing something wrong.

2) Balance wizards are not in the least over powered, nor do they have unfair advantages. The first good spell they get is Judgment, and that's only good until you hit level 40, give or take a few levels. Then there's Hydra. But really, that's only 2 good spells out of the whole pool of spells that other wizards have.

So what do you do when you only have a few good attacks spells? You buff and shield. They need those three shields and those buffs because they're just a bit underpowered and they need a boost to win or live.

IMO, stunning needs to have lower accuracy because some people have such a boost from gear that they have 100+ accuracy with that certain spell, meaning they NEVER fizzle with it. So, it's basically unlimited stunning for people.

^That was a longish post. xD

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
OH PLZ!

Stunning is a GOOD THING!

You get plenty of pips, and, it's not like you will be stunned forever. 'Nuff said.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
mikeysgifts wrote:

Just look at Jack Hammer, the level 9 who made the top 100 list. He is there because of chain stunning.

Maybe the level 9 is just better than all those level 50s

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
Achilies i believe u are forgeting about resists. Really u cant say there's no way to defend from balance wizards because some clothes give u defense from attacks. Also, it is fair for ice wizards to stun because they don't have very strong attacks

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
well you can use earthquake and destroy all the shields

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
luffy52 wrote:
mikeysgifts wrote:

Just look at Jack Hammer, the level 9 who made the top 100 list. He is there because of chain stunning.

Maybe the level 9 is just better than all those level 50s

I did not write that. I have no idea who this Jack Hammer is. I do not make a habit of checking ranks and would not know who is where on the list.