Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

strongest spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
Are you fighting one opponent or several?

One opponent Judgement PERIOD is the most effective spell considering damage potential and accuracy.

More than one opponent Storm Lord.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
The strongest spell in the game is definately wild bolt. It does 1000 damage for only 2 pips!!!! This spell is unfair in pvp, and most complained about, so it is definately the strongest spell. 2nd is judgement with a whopping 100 damage per pip. That is my opinion on the strongest spell.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Okay,lets put it this way,every school has its strongest and weakest spell,SO pretty much the last spell you get thats an attack spell is the strongest in it's class.
But if you where to say out of ALL the schools(without traps),i would say either Storm Lord or Judgment.But hey,why listen to a lvl 36 ice kid,geez,i barely play during the week,so why ask me?XP

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
Curlygoss1 wrote:
oh sorry guys i mean Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion, top four

1st heck and strom hound - 120 per pip over 3 rounds
2nd judgement-100 per pip
3rd tempist- 85 per pip to all enimies
4th Rebirth - triton-795 to 875

FINALLY THE TRUTH THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!
in perspective for best best multi-person monster it would be fire dragon

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
no one seems to get that there is no "best spell". Each spell has a proper way to use it and the wizard's individual strategy. I've seen a pvp match won by a wiell timed fire cat on a feint. But damage wise I think the highest possible is triton, with blades and traps I've seen it hit 4000+. But of course each person could claim another as the best but really your best is the one you know how to use the best.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
It really depends on the situation, If you are fighting the coven in gh (the 4 raven bosses) then storm lord is top dog if you have 7-8 pips and after that tempest is. If you have a ton of pips against a solo boss then judgment is the best. And if you are looking at it form a pips to damage standpoint, it's wild bolt. It all depends.

Also on that note the clothing boost is important, as a level 50 storm i have all the best gear for my school. which gives me a 40% storm damage boost (I have the gauntlet of woe ring, gives en extra 5% storm damage) and 37% storm resist, i also have a 70% power pips % and 15% accuracy so tempest works well for me, as does wild bolt.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Shimmerella wrote:
With traps and blades and a couple other add ons like feint I was able to get my triton to 21,000 damage against jade oni..So in my opinion triton is in fact better than judgement and storm lord
true triton is my favorite spell and in my opinion also the best spell. but as far as total damage goes (if ya dont care about accuracy) WILD BOLT OWNS! I'VE DONE 230,800 DAMAGE WITH IT ON MALISTARE!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
lcargil wrote:
I saw the most powerful spell on youtube. Look up (Wizard101: Big Damage Just short of 14 MILLION! Part 1) then look up (Wizard101: Record holding damage. Just short of 14 MILLION! Part 2! The final shot.) then post back and tell me what you think. This video has no video alterations no addins no special efects what you see is what you get.

Alexander Drakeward level 34 Magus Necromancer
go check out the wild bolt record its over 41'000'000 damage!

Survivor
May 26, 2009
first off, you cant say what the strogest spell is until you, yourself, have tried them all, and seeing as 6 wizards is the limit, looks like you need another account, since i only have four wizards i am not going to say my favorite spell, but give my opinion;

1. overtime spells are generally weaker since shields can be added during the rounds they hit for and are mostly used for taking away shields similar to hydra (i.e storm and heck hounds)

2. really the most powerful card comes down to buffs, and i am pretty sure balance doesn't have that much, i think a 20% and 25% blade with a 30% buff shield, really you would need a death friend to add a feint and a curse for an ideal judgement, and storm has plenty and plenty of buffs which add quite a bit of damage

3. clothing also comes to play in this, i believe each school gets different amounts of fighting power added to their clothing so you cant say which spell is greater really. a 14 pip judgement without fighting stats will do 1400, but how much will a 14 pip tempest with fighting stats do?

4. all in all, it depends on the wizard that casts the spell, not the people that see it

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Balance is the best!!!!!!!!! judgement is better than anything, it has 125 damage from the boss at the end (it won't let me say it) and normal judgement does 100 damage. if you put a tough treasure card on it it does awesome! try it!
judgement is only REALLY powerful when you get power pips. Storm Lord is good but compared to judgement it sucks. That is what i think about it 8) :D

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Yeah I mean judgement is strong, but fact is it only hits one monster, FAIL. Tempest on the other hand, hits very close to tempest and hit all, FTW. But I am not a fan of either really. Triton is very good, I have seen it hit a 10,000 thousand with no feint and very minimal storm boosts. But once again it only hits one enemy so tempest pretty much pwns all i suppose.

Defender
May 18, 2009
Yes I agree. Judgement can probably do 3 times the amount of storm lord, but storm lord goes for all enemies, so they are pretty much both the best. It is hard to compare the two (they are both really powerful :D ).

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
OK I get your point judgement does more damage to one enemy BUT storm lord does 600 something damage plus stun to ALL ENEMY'S if you add that up when battaling 4 enemy's thats a total of 2120 damage PLUSS stun

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I have To say Storm lord over all

Thomas Giantblood 50 Ice

Thomas Giantblood(the2nd) 50 Life

Thomas Giantblood(the3rd) 50 Storm

Thomas Giantblood(the4th) 31 Death

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
firelord10101 wrote:
I have To say Storm lord over all

Thomas Giantblood 50 Ice

Thomas Giantblood(the2nd) 50 Life

Thomas Giantblood(the3rd) 50 Storm

Thomas Giantblood(the4th) 31 Death

yah right, and you joined, May/22/2009 i believe you have 3 grandmasters :?

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009

i was battling with my friend and he uses tempest with ad-ons and does 6000 damage 2 all enemies.then he uses triton with the same ad- ons and does 4500 therefore TEMPEST BEING THE BEST!!!javascript:emoticon(':D');

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I think it depends on your blades, traps, equipment and order of your deck. I battle Death bosses with 2-5k in health, and with the right cards, I can kill them with one Centaur spell. Does that work all the time? No, which is why I have treasure cards. I have been NUKED by wild bolt in PvP, and that spell is crazy. Judgment is a good spell, but it takes so many pips, blades and traps that you can be killed while setting up for it. Storm spells are powerful, and with accuracy help, effective. Rebirth, albeit a fantastic group heal spell, is not an attack spell. Life's biggest spell is Wood Walker, which casts over 2k in damage when boosted. From a victim's point of view, I have to say I have been killed more often by Storm than by any other school. Erin Dawn Weaver, Grand Master Life.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
well i think storm lord is the strongest spell in 4v4 especially with the stun which will cause the other team to lose there turn. For example someone used choke or blinding light and stun the other team and the next round that team lord again and +another stun stun all enemy, then lord again? wouldn't that kill everyone from the other team? or by finishing it off with temp. judment as u well no cost 100per pip, in 1v1 i think its the strongest or is it bolt? well either way i think storm lord is the strongest.

tara drangonrider , lvl 50 , storm
jasmine dreamstone , lvl 50 , life
tavia starblossom , lvl 45 , balance
jeanna fireblossom, lvl 10 , ice

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Curlygoss1 wrote:
this question could lead to an arguement, but i decided to post it anyway, i was battling a really strong guy, and he used judgement on me, i said " wow, thats the strongest move in the game" .Another guy in my team said "no, storm lord is" i totally disagree

judgement, 125... PER PIP!
strom lord, 690 to all enimies(plus stun)

judgement can do more than DOUBLE storm lords damage
plz post what you think, if you say strom lord, your wrong (in my opinion)

Judgement is actually 100 per pip. The 125 per pip was from the Judgement treasure card. Real and treasure cards are not the same, well, some cards are the same. :-o :-o

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Look, heckhound does 120 per pip over three rounds. THAT'S 20 MORE DAMAGE PER PIP THAN JUGMENT!!!!!!

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
driftblim275 wrote:
Get the facts Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion

1st Storm Lord - Only 7 pips for the damage of stormzilla to all enemies and stun
2nd Fire Dragon - Over 700 damage in total and 400 at once Wow!
3rd Judgement - Will up to 1400 damage without blades and traps but with 7 power pips not good enough for the 1st slot
4th Rebirth - One word Excellent 650 health to all and spirt armour you got to love it

That areguement doesnt work, there is a proper shield to all of the attacking spells in the list above except for judgement. Your obviously a judgement spammer in 1v1 arena.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2009
Just a little food for thought.But make sure your thoughts are right. What?Silly me.I forgot neither opinions nor thoughts can ever be wrong

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
firesword52 wrote:
Curlygoss1 wrote:
oh sorry guys i mean Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion, top four

1st heck and strom hound - 120 per pip over 3 rounds
2nd judgement-100 per pip
3rd tempist- 85 per pip to all enimies
4th Rebirth - triton-795 to 875

FINALLY THE TRUTH THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!
in perspective for best best multi-person monster it would be fire dragon
I totally agree, FIRE DRAGON RULES ALL!!!!!!!! :)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
hunter33333 wrote:
Yes I agree. Judgement can probably do 3 times the amount of storm lord, but storm lord goes for all enemies, so they are pretty much both the best. It is hard to compare the two (they are both really powerful :D ).
um.... have you ever heard of Fire dragon and Heckhound?