Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I think some new schools should be added to the game. The new schools could add new opponents, new items, and most importantly, new spells! :-D

I thought of a few schools, and i'm sure other wizards have thought of others too:

Water School, Name: Aquamancer
Some Spells: Mermaid, Tsunami, Big Fish

Fake School, Name: Trickster or Mesmerizer
Some Spells: Voodoo Doll, Slave, Illusion

Galaxy School, Name: God or Goddess (Male or female)
Some Spells: Cosmic Blast, Distortion, Moon Cat, Sun Dog

This is all I could come up with. I hope you decide to put new schools into the game, and I really hope you use these or other wizards' suggestions. Thanks!

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Rabbits4ever wrote:
I think some new schools should be added to the game. The new schools could add new opponents, new items, and most importantly, new spells! :D

I thought of a few schools, and i'm sure other wizards have thought of others too:

Water School, Name: Aquamancer
Some Spells: Mermaid, Tsunami, Big Fish

Fake School, Name: Trickster or Mesmerizer
Some Spells: Voodoo Doll, Slave, Illusion

Galaxy School, Name: God or Goddess (Male or female)
Some Spells: Cosmic Blast, Distortion, Moon Cat, Sun Dog

This is all I could come up with. I hope you decide to put new schools into the game, and I really hope you use these or other wizards' suggestions. Thanks!

I really don't think we need a new spell school. The existing schools pretty much cover everything and a new school would take potential spells away from the existing ones.

A water school would be redundant as its already covered by storm(oceans,sea creatures, pirates) and Ice(water).

Galaxy school already exists as celestial magic, which is what Ambrose is a master of. Its too anicent and powerful for normal wizards only he and a select few know it.

An illusion school does sound cool I admit

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
New schools must primarily be about game mechanics, not superficial stuff. If you don't have some new game mechanics to give a new class, then the class is redundant and shouldn't have been added in the first place.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
I, for one, rather like the idea of an "Illusion" school (it could specialize in status effects .... say, "charming" an enemy?) ... but it may be too similar to Myth if there was too much focus on summoned creatures.

You've got some interesting ideas, Rabbits.

In reply to Lord -- nearly all MMOs, at some point, eventually introduce new classes. Balanced though things may seem at the moment, if Wizard101 is around for any significant amount of time, we may very well see something like this come about ... if only to help keep the game "fresh." :D

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
sry, i'm not trying to be nagative, but the water school, is kinda taken, storm school. btw, i have an idea, world school, name:worldwide

1.prospector zeke, damage, 95-135
2.krok, damage, 210-250
3.meowiartry, damage, 285-345
4.goat monk,damge, 295-335 to all enimies
5.dracion, damage, 505-585
6.clockwork, damage, 615-695
7.marleybonian damage,750 to all enimies plus absorb 600 to all friends

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
No offense i dont think they're really good i think they are going to come out with astral magics because there are elemental, spirit, and i am not sure but i think they talk about astral magicks in the game.

It would be cool if they did these

Cestial Magic
Queen of Stars, Sun Man, Lumina Lion

Moon Magic
King of the Moon, Moon Raider, Dark Tiger

Galaxy Magic
Dark Matter, Black Hole, Asteroid Panther

-Gabriel-
-CROWBANE-

Survivor
May 23, 2009
although these ideas seem pretty cool at first glance, it seems like it would leave a lot of room for error, such as weaknesses and strengths. for instance death is good against life. also how would you explain the lack of their school in wizard city? many loopholes could be created

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
hey, i think my ideas are very good, come on, i even told you how much damge they do, oh and forgot one thing

my schools acccuracy is 80%

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
Gloobadon wrote:
although these ideas seem pretty cool at first glance, it seems like it would leave a lot of room for error, such as weaknesses and strengths. for instance death is good against life. also how would you explain the lack of their school in wizard city? many loopholes could be created

This is easier to get around than you might imagine. Think of the balance school, for example .... it has no official "classroom" nor tree in Ravenwood .... only a representative NPC to keep you going until you get to Krokotopia.

The same would probably be the same of any new school that would be implemented. The actual tree and instructor for the school would be on a new world, and a disciple of the school (like Malorn Ashthorn for death, or the Balance Marleybonian) would simply appear somewhere on the spacious Ravenwood grounds to teach rookie wizards of the newest school their first spells.

Again, my friends .... the obstacles you present are present in nearly all "balanced" MMOs, but it never stops them from implementing new classes to prevent the game from getting stale, once it hits two years or so of age. It could be done, and very well might be.