Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizards from other lands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009

Great idea! I myself find humans a bit dull. I could just imagine myself as
a dragon, running around and scaring people like Freddy nine lives.

Man, I hate that guy.

Five stars! :D

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
dounut789 wrote:
I had an idea

What if when making a wizard we can change our species

ideas

WC

Wizard

KT

Mander-Storm,fire,or ice

Krok-Storm,fire,or ice

MB

Cat

dog

MS

Oni

Cow person

DS

Dragon

I would love a character as one of these

note- picking a mander type(red-fire blue-ice purple-storm) or krok type( nirini-fire ???-ice ???-storm) will NOT effect your class. For example, a fire mander can be a storm wizard

OMG...YOU HAVE BETTER IDEAS THAN ME! AND I JUST WROTE THE TIME MAGIC IDEA 3 DAYS AGO!!! man, that'd be so awesome! you choose a form, and can revert between forms anytime!
oh! an update on dragon! you can choose either robe or suit of armor! and their different colors! oh man, i'd be looking like a terrorwing talonmaster for sure! ok, i am getting a little to into this, but hey, i cant help it!
I hope this idea of yours gets through!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
The different species sound like a game called Mabinogi developed by nexon XP

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I think this could add a lot of variety to the world, along with more incentive to replay after having done the questlines.

Faction wars can only happen if factions exist, we would all be on the same side barring arena, in which case the character in question is allready fighting with fellow allies.

The biggest hurdle I see in implementing this great idea would be in clothing and armor mesh with each species, but I think it is a wonderful idea to add variety and replayability for the fanbase.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
This is a considerable leap, there would need to be steps between this idea, and the game now. First, as a Grandmaster, we would need more level expanding content, that should be the first priority, then perhaps, parallel worlds, that aren't optional, meaning, that say, a world of Greek cats is parallel with Marlybone, the enemies are different, but are the same level and both need to be completed to move to the next, say each world has half of the Mooshu spiral key, it allows for more choices making the game much less linear, because you can do both in either order, we saw a bit of this in wizard city when we could choose between Firecat, Triton, and Cyclops. Then, perhaps after the game is made less linear, with more choices, that make it broad, could we perhaps start in different worlds, and we learn magic there, and then Wizard city replaces that world in the story line somehow, I don't even think this is possible(I think for that to happen this game would have to be single player because you would need to change enemy ranks and power for specific wizards), but it would be amazing, and require large amounts of work, but I believe that if it is possible, it would be a HUGE success. Then, I think that perhaps clothing should be more fleshed out, like you can take the stats of one piece of clothing, and apply it to another because you don't like the look of the one with better stats, because for me Fashion overrules sometimes even large changes of stats I think thats huge for the community but just not as high a priority. Then, MAYBE we could use other races, and that ties in with starting in other worlds. But, that would still be a large step that needs to be taken slowly, and not rushed into, I think starting with, perhaps more human races, such as Fire Elves (But maybe taller :D), Perhaps Manders, (Shorter) Cyclopes, and maybe some (Smarter) trolls. then we could slowly dip our wands into Draconians, Marlybone Dogs, Perhaps Kroks (that follow the Order of the Fang), MAYBE Some undead like the ones of Dragonspyre, the souls of fallen warriors, and maybe some of the Bears From Grizzleheim. (But they are children of course) but races like Oni, I don't think would work, becuase the Oni's are Demons, and there aren't good ones, (There are Good Kroks, and Baxter from MB was good and some of the souls from DS were good)

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
Hero
May 02, 2009
dounut789 wrote:
andrew248 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:
also, how did the balance teacher and moolinda wu get in? We should be from other lands if we want

You forgot Professor Greyrose, the fairy. Where the heck did she come from lol. Just Kidding, Professor.

Back on topic. I can give you a few reason why I think this isn't such a good idea. I'm smelling World of Warcraft all over it.

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/6295.ftl#31138

The above link can give you one of my examples as I will explain right now. Think about it. If you remember parts of the storyline, some species hate others. For example, there are Cats VS. Dogs, Wizards VS. Undead and Dragons, and Manders VS. Kroks. This will surely attract another idea for PvP, commonly known as Faction Wars.

Not only will PvP be affected, but the above link explains this a little as well. The whole idea of this game is to SAVE! Wizard City.
Obviously, different species are out to conquer the world, Wizard City along with it. The quests will be different for each species and the rewards are going to be different. Some quests can't even be taken if you are an animal.

It all comes down to this: The point of this game is to save Wizard City, not destroy it. I think we have enough PvP.

do you think i mean ones evil in the game are evil?

no offence, but i mean, say a evil monster joined GOOD and tryed to save WC. All will be good. And yes, i got this idea from WoW, (it's not copyright since they aren't the same species)

anyway, take this into consideration please

Well as you know, in krok, the un-charmed manders and some of the kroks(mostly the order of the fang), are good, and want to help save thier land, and in marlybone, baxter is a cat, but he's one of the good guys, and again in MS and DS, some of the species are good guys/girls.

So really, it doesn't really affect the whole concept of the game, your still trying to save WC, and the rest of the spiral as well.

If this was implemented, then there can be a shop in each world(minus WC probably) that would give you the option of changing into another form for a small to medium gold fee.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
i started this, and i noticed an update. the crown shop lets you turn into monsters. KI, can you tell me if this came from my idea or did it not?

Administrator
We appreciate that our players want to contribute their ideas to Wizard101.

In the games industry, most ideas submitted are not original, and are similar or identical to ones that are already in the works by our own, or other game companies.

The creature transformations were a part of our original design document created over the span several years prior to the game launching.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
keybladeweilder wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I'm from Candy World, a land of cookie roads, chocolate rivers and candy cane trees. I am one of three sisters (the youngest of the three, I'm actually only a half sister to them, which is why I have faerie wings and they do not). My other two sisters are evil -- they live in gingerbread houses, and have cooked up a legion of gingerbread minions to continue the long, proud tradition of children-cooking evilness. It is probably my half-faery blood that made me "the good one." I learned ice magic as a way of putting out the fires underneath the cook pot, so that I could help the children get away.

No offense Professor Greyrse buti dont want to sound likei care about all typing errors but i think you typed faery wrong. you dont spell faery this way i thouht it was spelt this way "fairy"
i am stephen rainbowbreath here to tell you spell spelt spelled.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
We appreciate that our players want to contribute their ideas to Wizard101.

In the games industry, most ideas submitted are not original, and are similar or identical to ones that are already in the works by our own, or other game companies.

The creature transformations were a part of our original design document created over the span several years prior to the game launching.

Professer, thanks for answering.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
Defender
Feb 16, 2009
keyblade wrote:
Thats what elixers are duh lol

I made this post long before elixers duh

And this is a step UP from elixers, whole new species, not just transforming!

Kyle Parker

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
if you pay any attention to what ambrose says when you make a new charecter when he's talking to gamma ambrose says: ah yes the spell is working we have found a one that can save wizard city then gamma says: whooooo then ambrose says: o my on a world that doesn't even believe in magic! ( thats earth ) anyway what you said greyrose when you say cookie roads chocolate lakes and candycane trees you made me hungry right there and if you say the bad guys there are living foods filled with healthy stuff i'm just gonna say WOOOOOOOW!

hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
This is an interesting idea. I know some of you don't like it, but how about there are good kroks and draconians that you play as. They are good at a specific magic, but it doesn't matter what school they choose. There isn't good or bad sides to choose for when creating, but they are ALL good and come to Wizard City because they were summoned there.

Manders are good at balance. (They have selectable colored manders)

Kroks? I don't really know... any ideas? They'd be good kroks, not evil.

Draconians would be good at death.

Mooshu cows would be good at life.

Just a few ideas to throw out there. I forgot a lot. Sorry!