Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizards from other lands

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 16, 2009
I had an idea

What if when making a wizard we can change our species

ideas

WC

Wizard

KT

Mander-Storm,fire,or ice

Krok-Storm,fire,or ice

MB

Cat

dog

MS

Oni

Cow person

DS

Dragon

I would love a character as one of these

note- picking a mander type(red-fire blue-ice purple-storm) or krok type( nirini-fire ???-ice ???-storm) will NOT effect your class. For example, a fire mander can be a storm wizard

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
also, how did the balance teacher and moolinda wu get in? We should be from other lands if we want

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
dounut789 wrote:
also, how did the balance teacher and moolinda wu get in? We should be from other lands if we want

You forgot Professor Greyrose, the fairy. Where the heck did she come from lol. Just Kidding, Professor.

Back on topic. I can give you a few reason why I think this isn't such a good idea. I'm smelling World of Warcraft all over it.

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/6295.ftl#31138

The above link can give you one of my examples as I will explain right now. Think about it. If you remember parts of the storyline, some species hate others. For example, there are Cats VS. Dogs, Wizards VS. Undead and Dragons, and Manders VS. Kroks. This will surely attract another idea for PvP, commonly known as Faction Wars.

Not only will PvP be affected, but the above link explains this a little as well. The whole idea of this game is to SAVE! Wizard City.
Obviously, different species are out to conquer the world, Wizard City along with it. The quests will be different for each species and the rewards are going to be different. Some quests can't even be taken if you are an animal.

It all comes down to this: The point of this game is to save Wizard City, not destroy it. I think we have enough PvP.

Administrator
I'm from Candy World, a land of cookie roads, chocolate rivers and candy cane trees. I am one of three sisters (the youngest of the three, I'm actually only a half sister to them, which is why I have faerie wings and they do not). My other two sisters are evil -- they live in gingerbread houses, and have cooked up a legion of gingerbread minions to continue the long, proud tradition of children-cooking evilness. It is probably my half-faery blood that made me "the good one." I learned ice magic as a way of putting out the fires underneath the cook pot, so that I could help the children get away.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I'm from Candy World, a land of cookie roads, chocolate rivers and candy cane trees. I am one of three sisters (the youngest of the three, I'm actually only a half sister to them, which is why I have faerie wings and they do not). My other two sisters are evil -- they live in gingerbread houses, and have cooked up a legion of gingerbread minions to continue the long, proud tradition of children-cooking evilness. It is probably my half-faery blood that made me "the good one." I learned ice magic as a way of putting out the fires underneath the cook pot, so that I could help the children get away.

Is that world EVER going to be on the game??? :-D i hope it is i think it sounds sweet

~Jacquline Thunderblood :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-) :-D :-) :-) :-D smilies!!!!

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

No offense Professor Greyrse buti dont want to sound likei care about all typing errors but i think you typed faery wrong. you dont spell faery this way i thouht it was spelt this way "fairy"

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
andrew248 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:

You forgot Professor Greyrose, the fairy. Where the heck did she come from lol. Just Kidding, Professor.

Back on topic. I can give you a few reason why I think this isn't such a good idea. I'm smelling World of Warcraft all over it.

The above link can give you one of my examples as I will explain right now. Think about it. If you remember parts of the storyline, some species hate others. For example, there are Cats VS. Dogs, Wizards VS. Undead and Dragons, and Manders VS. Kroks. This will surely attract another idea for PvP, commonly known as Faction Wars.

Not only will PvP be affected, but the above link explains this a little as well. The whole idea of this game is to SAVE! Wizard City.
Obviously, different species are out to conquer the world, Wizard City along with it. The quests will be different for each species and the rewards are going to be different. Some quests can't even be taken if you are an animal.

It all comes down to this: The point of this game is to save Wizard City, not destroy it. I think we have enough PvP.

No offense dude but that was plain down rude to me using my link saying my idea is like WOW and i understand what you mean but it dont have to be like faction wars its just you join malistare and fight ambrose. plus that made me feel bad using the link to my message saying that this was faction wars. i agree that having different species is a terrible idea. this choosing species idea is a total failure and has Faction Wars all over it.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Wow. That is some (back)story! Although, I'm wondering, if the world has so much candy in it already, how are the children attracted to the gingerbread houses? Do the minions herd them there?

I want a gingerbread minion for my ice wizard!

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
andrew248 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:

do you think i mean ones evil in the game are evil?

no offence, but i mean, say a evil monster joined GOOD and tryed to save WC. All will be good. And yes, i got this idea from WoW, (it's not copyright since they aren't the same species)

anyway, take this into consideration please

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
dounut789 wrote:
andrew248 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:

do you think i mean ones evil in the game are evil?

no offence, but i mean, say a evil monster joined GOOD and tryed to save WC. All will be good. And yes, i got this idea from WoW, (it's not copyright since they aren't the same species)

anyway, take this into consideration please

So are you agreeing with me or andrew just asking

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
keybladeweilder wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

No offense Professor Greyrse buti dont want to sound likei care about all typing errors but i think you typed faery wrong. you dont spell faery this way i thouht it was spelt this way "fairy"

There are other ways to spell fairy, believe it or not. As a lover of fantasy books, I have read many stories about "fairies" and they are spelled as Faerie or faery sometimes. I think they both work.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Maybe being able to play different species is a good idea for Wizard 201.

Fairy is Middle English, derived from Old French, faerie. Both are correct. I'll assert that faerie is "most" correct. 8)

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I already thought about different races too and i really like the idea, it does not have to end in faction wars. You are just another race that is fighting for Wizard city, i cannot see why this shouldnt be possible. Remember there are bad kroks and good kroks too, it is not that you can say all are evil.
Would be so nice to play a little krok or mander :-D
I think the problem is more that it is a lot of work for KI so they have to decide if it is worth it. I would love it ;)
Greetings
Duncan OwlHeart

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! YAY! Oh sorry, lost my cool So, why dont you let us say Chocolate?

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
this is going off topic with talking about Professer Greyrose's home
(Not that it's not interesting)
This was made not to discuss this Candy World, but to discuss changing a wizards species so they can be from, say, Mooshu or Krokatopia

Please keep this on topic

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
it is left open in the start of the game what world you come from so maybe the idea is already in the works, and as for faction wars there cant be any cause we can only fight in pvp and there we are fighting each other already so who cares

i think it is a great idea to be able to pick your race in the begining of the game but not to change it later

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
According to the storyline, you come from a distant world where they do not believe in magic.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Professor Greyrose.... I love your world.... Too bad I would eat it.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Monsterax wrote:
According to the storyline, you come from a distant world where they do not believe in magic.

actually it say where they maybe dont belive in magic so it is still left open

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Monsterax wrote:

That world we come from is Earth. Well, that's what I think. Is this right professor Greyrose

Survivor
May 19, 2009
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Bendad123 wrote:
Monsterax wrote:

That world we come from is Earth. Well, that's what I think. Is this right professor Greyrose

well it is pretty much left open for, i guess, YOU to decide, you might be from a complete other world not mentioned in the game, and btw this all your imagination so just let it run free :-o :-D :-)

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
keybladeweilder wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

actually both of those ways are correctly spelled. in old times that was really how fairy was spelled.
paul fireward,master pyromancer(and kinda a know-it-all )

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
keybladeweilder wrote:
andrew248 wrote:
dounut789 wrote:

No offense dude but that was plain down rude to me using my link saying my idea is like WOW and i understand what you mean but it dont have to be like faction wars its just you join malistare and fight ambrose. plus that made me feel bad using the link to my message saying that this was faction wars. i agree that having different species is a terrible idea. this choosing species idea is a total failure and has Faction Wars all over it.
its ok like large elves and other large humanoid species with minor differences