Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nirini Champion in Chamber of Fire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Why can you only fight this boss once? It drops a amulet that gives you fire trap cards, but unless you get it on your first try you can never get it. I've heard people send in bug reports about it but it was never fixed, unless you can only fight that boss once for some reason.

So can I get someone from KI to answer this? Is it suppose to be a boss you can only fight once (which doesn't seem very fair) or is it just a bug y'all are going to fix?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I'm not exactly clear about that boss, but, from what I know, Almost every boss is in an instanced zone. You can easily go back and fight them again, which is called farming. I do that to gain money and rare items, but mostly money.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
You can't farm the boss is the problem. It doesn't allow you to read the book that made the boss appear after you have done the quest. The boss isn't in a instance level. Its a regular area but for the quest you had to read a book to make the boss appear. I don't remember much else about it because I'm in MooShu now, but I would like the amulet it drops. It gives two 35% Fire Traps which would be good for me in PvP.

I think you were thinking I was kinda new lol, its just it doesn't let you reread the book so I'm trying to get something from KI telling me why that is or if its just a bug.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
JT Lewis, I totally agree with you on this one. Thus far both my grandmaster necromancer and my Magus Storm wizard have their amulets and if I was to make a fire guy I would be very dissapointed that I may not be able to get my amulet.

One question though, have you tried going in with people working on that quest, to get the amulet. It may take a while longer but it should work?

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
JTLewis wrote:
You can't farm the boss is the problem. It doesn't allow you to read the book that made the boss appear after you have done the quest. The boss isn't in a instance level. Its a regular area but for the quest you had to read a book to make the boss appear. I don't remember much else about it because I'm in MooShu now, but I would like the amulet it drops. It gives two 35% Fire Traps which would be good for me in PvP.

I think you were thinking I was kinda new lol, its just it doesn't let you reread the book so I'm trying to get something from KI telling me why that is or if its just a bug.

It was probably just a bug because I was able to read the book and farm him again. Though, I have yet to get the fire trap drop for my Pyromancer.

Defender
May 06, 2009
I might be thinking of a different neck, but can't you just buy the fire trap neck in marlybone? I thought I saw it there along with most (not all) of the other trap necks.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
karta78: I've checked on other sites and its not just me having the problem, no one else seems to be able to read the book either to make him appear again. I don't know how you were able to do it again.

steveheffner: Nah it isn't sound in any shops, I've checked...

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I just leave the boss room after battle and re-enter it by stepping back on the teleporter. Have you submitted a bug report to Lincoln?

JTLewis wrote:
karta78: I've checked on other sites and its not just me having the problem, no one else seems to be able to read the book either to make him appear again. I don't know how you were able to do it again.

steveheffner: Nah it isn't sound in any shops, I've checked...

Defender
May 06, 2009
I just confirmed this. If you leave the entire instance (not just turning around and leaving the room) and go back in via the countdown at the start, you can use the book and get into the next room, and fight him again.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
I personally have reported this bug once or twice and nothing yet.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
KI finally responded and stated that this may be intentional, but they are forewarding the details to their test team for investigation. In the mean time I guess you must farm for the amulet the second you get to that quest before you continue on your way.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Well, if it's intentional, then THAT is broken, because I could go back to fight the Nirini Champion a second time (I did so with this thread mind). I did go through the teleporter as another person in this thread did, maybe that's the trick?

When I said a few posts ago that I confirmed it, I meant I confirmed I *could* go back to fight him. I may try again tonight just to see.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
So playing around with my fire wizard tonight, it seems that you can fight the Nirini Champion as many times as you want, as long as you have not turned in the quest. If you turn in the quest, you won't be able to read the book to spawn him again.