Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggested Improvement: Closeable Battle Circles (F

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
/----------------------------------------
| Problem
|----------------------------------------
There is no way to prevent other players from interfering with public battles (unlike in gauntlets and dungeons where only those who go in with you can be in battle with you). Some quests have public locations and other people will join the battle even if you ask them not to -- assuming you even can ask them since many who insist on joining unasked are no-chat players.
\----------------------------------------

| Desired Behavior
To be able to solo even these public environment quests.

| Solution
Have a "Solitary" setting so that players have some control over who may or may not enter their circles.

I recommend three settings -- Cooperative, Permissive and Solo, as follows:

1.) Cooperative Mode (indicated by two flat hands crossing together, palms facing the user) -- Anyone may join the player's circles and the player may enter any other player's circles according to those player's settings (cooperative allowed, permissive by request).

2.) Permissive Mode (indicated by two hands separated, palms facing each other, with a question mark between them) -- If another player comes close enough to join the circle, a prompt is displayed requesting the circle's player's permission to allow the other player to join. The player in permissive mode can join other players circles according to those player's settings (cooperative allowed, permissive by request).

3.) Solo mode (indicated by a single clenched fist) -- If another player attempts to join the circle, they are unable to do so. If the player attempts to join another's circle, they are unable to do so.

| Recommended Implementation
| ----------------------------------------
It would be nice if there was a visual indicator to this effect on the User Interface. Recommended locations would be under the friends button or above the health & mana indicators.

This setting should also be accessible under the Gameplay Options screen with the settings "Cooperative" "Permissive" and "Solo"

| Coveats and Exploits
To prevent abuse of this by rapid switching, this setting would only be able to be changed once every two minutes (120 seconds).

This setting should not be able to be changed during a battle. A solo player who wishes to leave open the possibility of help should be in permissive mode, not solo mode.

The Permissive and Solo settings should not be available in gauntlets or dungeons. These should force the Solo Mode to be Cooperative.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
i don't know about all of this but i do know that the option of allowing others to port in to your battle would be greatly appretiated. i tell all my friends ask before porting and they respect it but alot have friends on there list who do not. i have removed friends whos friends port without asking because of it killing me

LRWerewolf wrote:
| Problem
There is no way to prevent other players from interfering with public battles (unlike in gauntlets and dungeons where only those who go in with you can be in battle with you). Some quests have public locations and other people will join the battle even if you ask them not to -- assuming you even can ask them since many who insist on joining unasked are no-chat players.

| Desired Behavior
To be able to solo even these public environment quests.

| Solution
Have a "Solitary" setting so that players have some control over who may or may not enter their circles.

I recommend three settings -- Cooperative, Permissive and Solo, as follows:

1.) Cooperative Mode (indicated by two flat hands crossing together, palms facing the user) -- Anyone may join the player's circles and the player may enter any other player's circles according to those player's settings (cooperative allowed, permissive by request).

2.) Permissive Mode (indicated by two hands separated, palms facing each other, with a question mark between them) -- If another player comes close enough to join the circle, a prompt is displayed requesting the circle's player's permission to allow the other player to join. The player in permissive mode can join other players circles according to those player's settings (cooperative allowed, permissive by request).

3.) Solo mode (indicated by a single clenched fist) -- If another player attempts to join the circle, they are unable to do so. If the player attempts to join another's circle, they are unable to do so.

| Recommended Implementation
It would be nice if there was a visual indicator to this effect on the User Interface. Recommended locations would be under the friends button or above the health & mana indicators.

This setting should also be accessible under the Gameplay Options screen with the settings "Cooperative" "Permissive" and "Solo"

| Coveats and Exploits
To prevent abuse of this by rapid switching, this setting would only be able to be changed once every two minutes (120 seconds).

This setting should not be able to be changed during a battle. A solo player who wishes to leave open the possibility of help should be in permissive mode, not solo mode.

The Permissive and Solo settings should not be available in gauntlets or dungeons. These should force the Solo Mode to be Cooperative.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Wow, great suggestions. I myself never enter a battle unless I ask and get permission but I know there are a lot of rude people out there who enter no matter what.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
nimbysep wrote:
i don't know about all of this but i do know that the option of allowing others to port in to your battle would be greatly appretiated. i tell all my friends ask before porting and they respect it but alot have friends on there list who do not. i have removed friends whos friends port without asking because of it killing me

nimbysep:

It occurs to me that if the logic used for my proposed "Permissive" mode were applied also to teleporting characters, running in permissive mode would work to solve your problem, though your friends would have to constantly be asking your permission.

If Kings Isle did incorporate such logic as I propose, perhaps a White List could be provided. I document as follows:

| Change to Cooperative Mode (Edit #1 this section)
1.) Cooperative Mode (indicated by two flat hands crossing together, palms facing the user) -- Anyone may join the player's circles and the player may enter any other player's circles according to those player's settings (cooperative allowed, permissive by request or friends list).

| Change to Permissive Mode (Edit #1 this section)
2.) Permissive Mode (indicated by two hands separated, palms facing each other, with a question mark between them) -- If another player comes close enough to join the circle, one of two outcomes occurs. If the approaching player is not in the circle's player's friend's list,a prompt is displayed requesting the circle's player's permission to allow the other player to join. If the approaching player is in the circle's player's friend's list, the approaching player is able to join without requiring permission. The player in permissive mode can join other players circles according to those player's settings (cooperative allowed, permissive by request or friends list).

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah, thats a good idea. I get killed a lot because of people coming in one of my battles. Lots of times people just wait till the end of a battle and join at the last minuet, which really ticks me off. I hope your idea becomes a feature.