Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helping Out A Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
The other day I was doing several quest's in Dragonspyre, I had to do the Spiders in Crystal Grove and save a pet. I jumped into a fight were all the other three Wizards were around the same level as I was.
I was told I was rude for not asking before I joined!! I can see that this would of been a problem if I was a lower Level wizard, But I am not I am level 49. :D. I followed what they were doing and held my ground. AFter the fight I just skipped away. I thought we were suppose to help each other out. Am I wrong?

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
You are not wrong in the least bit! You are allowed to help other wizards! GO GET INTO HELPING WIZARDS!!!! Thats what I do :)

BlakeLionFlame
LVL 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Some people don't like people joining in because it causes another enemy to join in.
I've gotten quite mad here lately in Dragonspyre when I'm in a battle.
I've almost got my 2 guys dead, with minimum health & someone joins in, causing me to die & them getting all my hard work.
One example is when I had to fight Firevein.. I kept getting killed because someone would jump in right at the last minute & I know they did it on purpose.
I've watched them either run around my battle trying to "accidentally" get sucked in, or they'll stand behind the battle (I can see them when the screen changes), or they'll stand in front of the battle & just wait.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
No, I don't believe you are wrong. We are suppose to help each other out, but you also have to realize that some people don't want help. That is why it is always a good idea to ask first.

I, personally, play the game solo most of the time and I have been burned several times by people just jumping into my duels. From noobs who have no business being in a higher battle, to upper levels who jumped in at the wrong time. I have also been helped a great many times by people and thanked them afterwards accordingly.

It was good to recognize that you could hold your own and that you weren't going to jeapordize their battle at all. But in the end it's just usually a good idea to ask first. You'll find that most people don't have a problem with you joining if you ask but lots of people hate it when you jump in unannounced.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I think both are true: in general we are supposed to help each other, and it is best to ask first, because you can't tell from outside the battle if now is a good moment.

One note on people standing around near a battle: I often stand or walk around near the edge of a battle waiting for a particular kind of foe to approach so I can bring that one into the battle, rather than jumping right in and hoping the next foe is the kind I need. I only do this after making sure I'm welcome to join the fight, but still to someone who isn't thinking about foe selection it may look like I am waiting to jump in later and still get credit. Until you talk with someone and ask what they are up to, your guesses about their motives might be way off the mark.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I want to Thank All the Wizards who addressed my question. And you are right. I should have asked I was just not thinking. Well I had the same quest as they did, I was full life and so were they so I thought hey why not there were three of them and I would make four. I just kept the sheilds on the wizards and the creature and we all did good. I also have had the problem of people joining just as I am finished and I die. So all in all You are right. From now on I will ask !!!!!!! Thank You So Much :D :D

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Sometimes I don't want help because I'm trying out a new deck or I'm trying to solo something. A lot of people do seem to have trouble with other wizards popping in and fleeing. I've had that happen to me once or twice. The other players probably thought you were going to flee too. I'm glad you stayed and held your own.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I always ask, I have never joined a battle without asking and getting permission first. I also appreciate people asking before they join. I do like having help myself but I know not all people want help and I respect that.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Hello All,
I am Saffron Earthmender lvl 49 Life and I am sorry if I jumped in without asking. I have gone through most of the game solo and I really appreciate it when another wizard jumps in to help. So if you see me out there someplace - I'm in DS - please feel free to jump in and give me a hand.
Most of the time when an instance level says it takes one hour to complete - I end up spending 3 or 4 hours to complete it solo. It gets tiring and boring after a while, so thanks for any help and I will ask permission from now on before I jump into a battle.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I am really stuck where I am (Grand Chasm) and I would at this point appreciate help. I find that as I go up in worlds finding people to help is so much harder. Some towers can not be done solo, I am finding that out the hard way lol

Katherine Winterheart
almost level 47 ice mage
Pet: Queen Katie (snake)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I dont know if anyone can help but if someone out there can i would be sooooo happy! OK so i was doing a reagular quest in the plaza. All you had to do is defeat a boss and read the history of dragonspyre. I of course defeated the boss and went up to the book. I pressed the X button and read the book. The quest that had this task HAD to be done. Without that quest i could never go on to the other worlds. I looked at my quests and saw that the book quest was not finished. I went back up to the book but when i went up i couldnt read it! So if i dont find a solution to this glitch in this part of the game i will never ge out of the plaza! PLEASE! Someone out there please help! i am mad but sad :( at the same time! Please i REALLY want to solve this! WHAT WILL I DO

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I just want averybody to know that I will help almost anybody anywhere. Even if it means pulling off my quest to help others. But when I'm just bashing around, I call it street fighting, I always ask if wizards need help before just jumping in. Look me up if you want some help! I am uaually the one running circles in sthe commons pond.

Antonio Deathgiver
Lvl 26 Life/Myth

William Icespear
Lvl 22 Ice/Balance

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
MissNat wrote:
Some people don't like people joining in because it causes another enemy to join in.
I've gotten quite mad here lately in Dragonspyre when I'm in a battle.
I've almost got my 2 guys dead, with minimum health & someone joins in, causing me to die & them getting all my hard work.
One example is when I had to fight Firevein.. I kept getting killed because someone would jump in right at the last minute & I know they did it on purpose.
I've watched them either run around my battle trying to "accidentally" get sucked in, or they'll stand behind the battle (I can see them when the screen changes), or they'll stand in front of the battle & just wait.

I totally agree with you MissNat. I dont mind someone jumping in a battle if its at the beginning of a battle, but if they wait til I almost have the second opponent killed I think its rude of them and lazy of them! Either fight from the beginning or please ask permission to join in before bringing in another opponent to fight....it is annoying big time and lately I have not played much because I am tired of this too. I wish they would make it so you can deny someone from jumping in. Yes I know the object is to help other wizards but HELP them dont make it hard on the person you are supposidely helping...just so you can gain an easy battle win. So yes all you wizards out there that ask first thank you!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I usually just hop in if someone is working on enemies I am. I never really think about the whole being near death. I rarely allow myself to get to that point as people usually just jump in on my battles. I figure that's part of the challenge of the game.

I guess from now on, I'll ask.

Kaitlyn Ashflower, lvl 50, Fire, [storm and life as secondaries] currently in the Forum battling Undead and looking for Father Drake

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Since I made my post here, my attitude has really changed. Not only have I had someone DEMAND that I get rid of my minion so they could join in on my fight, but when I refused, they then proceeded to be as annoying and as distracting as possible. When my minion died and they ran into the battle anyway, both my husband and I fled because there was no way we wanted this Krok level person riding on our coat tails.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
my biggest problem and the reason I have stopped playing my lvl 45 Balance Wizard in DS is because even in the crowded and full realms of DS I can never find anybody to help. I only find a couple people running around helping each other out either not wanting others in or they are on a quest I can't get to yet. or people who have beaten the game and for some reason like to log in do nothing but refuse to help anyways.

I am training a necro right now and I hope by the time he gets to DS I will be able to get some more help there and maybe bring my Balance back to finish off his training as well

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Hi all.
Since this is a helping out a wizard topic, I would like to say that I have already beaten the game and unlike some other wizards that have beaten the game and dont offer help, i would be willing to lend out help to anyone. I'm Sean Iceblood lv 49 ice/death. If anyone sees me running around somewhere in Dragonspyre and you need my help just holler :) Even if that thing is Malistare. (emphasis on thing)

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
My name is Mary Windstrider and I'm usually on the crowded realms. If anyone would like to help me really appreciate it.

Thanks!! Ds is hard without people helping especially if your fire. Maybe even if not fire, I don't know!