Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

under powered death moves

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2009

Live and learn; and if that doesn't work, get someone to help you...

I know this has nothing to do and it is random but Isn't lLive and Learn a Sonic the Hegdehos song? XD

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
NeoStar wrote:
boxie8 wrote:
I think some of death's move are a bit under powered like ghoul it does 160 damage it should do a bit more i think. Also i say wraith is WAYto under powered. Professor greyrose can you please give me some reasons not to make these stronger? Also i think death needs another minion or have the one we already have use more death moves. Please consider al of this.

8)
Ok, settle down, class; Time for a review on Buffs.....

Try this combo, which you should have loaded up in your Death Deck, if you are a competitive player at all :

Ghoul (the weak spell) + Death Blade + Death Trap + Curse

Now, if you say the end results of THAT is weak, I openly ask what you think is strong, since the 3 extra Spells there create about a +90% damage boost.

Its not the individual spells, fellow necromancer; Death's strength lies in its combinations. My own fave is Vampire + DeathBlade + Death Trap + Curse, a combo I have used to score one-hit Kills on a few of the higher level Bosses....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 41, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
8)

ya but do you realize that if you are in kt at krokosphinx or farther and have training points you can get spirit blade and trap adding even MORE damage percent

Survivor
May 25, 2009
dukelexon wrote:
I've got to agree with the consensus here -- if anything, Death is by far the STRONGEST school in the game. It's the traditional necromancer/warlock class of many MMORPGs -- built for soloing.

Not only do they have more effective (and just plain MORE) unique damage boosting spells at their disposal, but they also have the benefit of never having to sacrifice the offensive potential of a turn in order to heal themselves.

Making our max damage as high as Storm would be a recipe for completely overpowing the school .... unless accuracy then fell to 65%. I doubt any necromancer would want THAT. :P
I'm not sure "strongest" is the best word for it, though yes, it can be just as strong as us storms, even greater. I think "powerful" is the better word. And by the way, Death is one of the two schools [the other being storm ] that hit the absolute hardest when it comes down to it

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

Thats true, but Death has more minions than Myth and you get them all in the same level.
Example: If you have all gained pips you get a Death Incarnate

Zachary Green

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
boxie8 wrote:
I think some of death's move are a bit under powered like ghoul it does 160 damage it should do a bit more i think. Also i say wraith is WAYto under powered. Professor greyrose can you please give me some reasons not to make these stronger? Also i think death needs another minion or have the one we already have use more death moves. Please consider al of this.

8)
Ok, settle down, class; Time for a review on Buffs.....

Try this combo, which you should have loaded up in your Death Deck, if you are a competitive player at all :

Ghoul (the weak spell) + Death Blade + Death Trap + Curse

Now, if you say the end results of THAT is weak, I openly ask what you think is strong, since the 3 extra Spells there create about a +90% damage boost.

Its not the individual spells, fellow necromancer; Death's strength lies in its combinations. My own fave is Vampire + DeathBlade + Death Trap + Curse, a combo I have used to score one-hit Kills on a few of the higher level Bosses....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 41, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
8)

Also, as you get a higher level you get feint, which bumps the buff +70% by itself. My personal favorite is vampire+ spirit blade (balance school) +deathblade+ feint+ curse + death trap. I get around 2000+ damage when i use it. nowhere near underpowered my friend.

Zachary Deathrunner, lvl 37 Magus Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
death is over powered MAGORLY!

let's say your fighting a balence, it cast a -25
damege, and your'e 700/1400 health.
you can use a sacrafice, it'll do 62 1/2 damege.
death CAN CHEAT!
IT'S THE BEST SCHOOL!!!
luke rider,lvl 30
necromancer

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
OK guys i get it when i got to a higher lvl i won every battle i came across. but ty anyways

Explorer
May 24, 2009
boxie8 wrote:

no death should not have stronger spells!! then death would would be unstoppable! and you have banshee and spells like that that are strong if anything. and death would then be as strong as life pretty much at healing! I think if KI changes this i will quit wizard 101

Explorer
May 24, 2009
boxie8 wrote:
Ya but what a new minion i'd like one of those? 8)
death doesn't need another minion! other than myth who's specialty is minions and balance who is all-rounded have more than one! Death is not in need of help

Survivor
May 11, 2009
O.K., you can't help but notice that death only does 160 damage for 2 pips while storm does about 300 with two pip lightning bats, but you have to realize it heals you, and if you chose the right secondary school you could do a lot of damage...

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
You say WRAITH IS WEAK!? you never saw the damage earthquake does and earthquake is about the same damage as lighting bats at full power with a storm blade .I would kill to give away my earthquake for a wraith.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
think about this death has a lot of traps, curse, feint, death trap,
and death blade

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I, for one, think that Doom and Gloom is utterly useless.

It's supposed to half healing spells, right? And yet death is based around spells that steal health. Why is it that it halves your draining spells, and not only healing spells like Unicorn, Pixie, etc.?

It still looks cool though..

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Helios713 wrote:
boxie8 wrote:
Ya but what a new minion i'd like one of those? 8)
death doesn't need another minion! other than myth who's specialty is minions and balance who is all-rounded have more than one! Death is not in need of help
I agree with helios these are the amount of minions each school has:

death-12
myth-4(oh yeah myth has the best minions)Being sarcastic
ice-1
fire-1
life-1
balance-4
storm-1

Death can already drain why does death get the best minions i mean they have drains, the best minions, strongest traps and blades, also feint

Also proffesors why do death have more minions if minions are myths specality?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
For crying out loud! You know perfectly well that the "underpowered" ones heal you some, and there's a descriptor somewhere RIGHT IN THE GAME that says "Death. . . is an advanced school, simply because most of its spells take multiple step combinations to use effectively"!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
IxionInc wrote:
I, for one, think that Doom and Gloom is utterly useless.

It's supposed to half healing spells, right? And yet death is based around spells that steal health. Why is it that it halves your draining spells, and not only healing spells like Unicorn, Pixie, etc.?

It still looks cool though..
i think doom and gloom might be better if it didn't affect you. But then again...it might seem a little overpowered...