Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend Matches Still A Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
The empty or near empty freind matches are still a problem, that has no way to auto correct itself.

Someone will make a friends match where there team is friends but the other team is open, they never fill up their team. It seems as if others who are hitting the auto match up thing are getting put into these matches but not actively watching the qeue to see who they're matched up with.

The "friends" team never gets filled, the people who auto loaded into the match can't see that though. All they see is that their own team is full and they're just waiting on someone to fill the other team.

They'll just sit like that forever.

Something else I've noticed. If you're waiting for a match and log out of the game without leaving the match first, it doesn't always take you out of the match. You stay in line for that match.

I'm pretty sure this is the problem with those friends matches. Many of those people who created those matches but never got their fiends involved have probably logged off. But their match is still there and people on the non friends side can still get dropped into them.

We have 4 systems here at my house, I've actually been able to recreate this using multiple computers.

The only auto correct I've seen is for the match to actually fill up. Then you get the count down timer waiting for everyone to hit accept. Of course the people who are not logged in can't hit accept so they get dropped.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
damionte3 wrote:
The empty or near empty freind matches are still a problem, that has no way to auto correct itself.

Someone will make a friends match where there team is friends but the other team is open, they never fill up their team. It seems as if others who are hitting the auto match up thing are getting put into these matches but not actively watching the qeue to see who they're matched up with.

The "friends" team never gets filled, the people who auto loaded into the match can't see that though. All they see is that their own team is full and they're just waiting on someone to fill the other team.

They'll just sit like that forever.

Something else I've noticed. If you're waiting for a match and log out of the game without leaving the match first, it doesn't always take you out of the match. You stay in line for that match.

I'm pretty sure this is the problem with those friends matches. Many of those people who created those matches but never got their fiends involved have probably logged off. But their match is still there and people on the non friends side can still get dropped into them.

We have 4 systems here at my house, I've actually been able to recreate this using multiple computers.

The only auto correct I've seen is for the match to actually fill up. Then you get the count down timer waiting for everyone to hit accept. Of course the people who are not logged in can't hit accept so they get dropped.
i agree but if you make your own match you should be able to choose but ... if you join a battle it is the hosters choice.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Yeah I understand that but most don't.

The problem I personally run into is that newer matches go to the back of the list. All those other matches you have to scroll past first to get to the newer matches at the back of the list. If you're on a slower computer you may not even be able to scroll back that far.

The busier the day the harder it is as well.

For instance yesterday was memorial day here in the US, and a ton of people were on. For most of the day there were upwards of 140 matches lined up in just the 4v4 alone.

When you bring up the qeue you get a ton of lag as you have to wait for the game to load the details of all 140+ matches in that qeue before you can click anything.

A couple of the machines we're using are older units or newer netbooks or laptops with lesser capabilities. I think many people are running into this problem when trying to manually search for a match. The lag of waiting for the qeue to load is too much and they just hit auto match.

They hit auto match and get dropped into one of these empty matches which are first in line then get trapped there waiting. This makes it all that much harder to fill up the matches with active players.