Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

something needs to be done about judgment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
you shouldnt tone down the power on judgement it hits high only when you have so many pips during that time they could be defeated you people cry to much life isnt fair

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
charlescave wrote:
almost everytime i get in a pvp i most of the time get in a fight with a balance guy,Well i dont think its fair they always use judgment to win i think they should at least cut the power down on judgement because its not fair to the other players when they have to fight a balance guy can someone look at this and see what they can do.
please give your feedback..

charles deathvault level 49 myth
first of all i have a balance level 29 he hardly ever uses judgement i use my mander to defend i use my fire elf to get towers off my main spell is spacial blast i think i spelled it wrtong :? i beat a level 50 balance without any resist. and i used judgement once and it did 500 damage thats not a lot. i dont use judgment a lot cause it give my opponent plenty of time to attack and it takes lots of pips to use a good heal to live. the best way to defend against balance is towers and weakness when they have a blade on them. its that easy. and if they have lots of shields use earthquake thats what i would do. alric trollthief level 40
alric stormflower level 22
alric lottusbreez level 29
i made a few spelling errors lol i made a F in spelling.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
0SMR0 wrote:
charlescave wrote:
almost everytime i get in a pvp i most of the time get in a fight with a balance guy,Well i dont think its fair they always use judgment to win i think they should at least cut the power down on judgement because its not fair to the other players when they have to fight a balance guy can someone look at this and see what they can do.

Might as well take away the entire Balance school, too Balance has NOTHING going for them except Judgment. Even it can easily be stopped by a Tower Shield, and you can purchase those as treasure cards at the library.

Bottom Line: If anything is done about the Balance school, it shouldn't be that Judgment is nerfed, it should be that Balance gains a shield breaking/stealing spell.

Duncan E.

we kinda do we have hydra thats all we kinda have and myth has the earthquake minotaur and ceberous i think i spelled it wrong :P but to get rid of judgement thats just wrong srsly soooooo what if ya cant win a match just quit pvp so ya gotta learn how to use your spells cause ya gotta really use your head against someone who is like 20 years old like some one

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Well, now your "problem" has been solved. If you go on the Test Realm, Mildred Falseer will have a Balance dispell. Aren't you glad? (sarcasm)

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
tbuczek wrote:
Judgment needs to be addressed, definitely. Any spell that can kill a person in one shot is just wrong.

The tower shield argument doesn't hold water. They can throw off lower level spells, then re-feint then judge. The top lists should be evidence enough.

What about bolt? all they need to kill in 1 hit is two blades and one feint. and bolt is only 2 pips and does 1,000. Judgement with 2 pips only do 200.

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Is everyone forgetting that EVERY SCHOOL has it's own tricks. Balance really only has judgement and power nova which doesnt deal all that much damage. Storm has wild bolt, triton and storm lord which all deal massive damage when prepared correctly as with any spell. Life wizards can get centaur up to a very nice amount of damage, not to mention constant healing to themselves and their team, come on i never heard anyone complain when a mster theurgist casts rebirth, it's just another trick used to highlight the individuality of each school as with all the previous and about to be stated facts. Fire has fire elf which can strip you of all your fire shields, as well has heckhound WHICH IS MORE POWERFULL THAN JUDGEMENT AND HAS THE SAME EFFECT ONLY OVER THREE TURNS. Myth has a similar effect as fire elf where it can remove a shield and then deal full damage with orthrus or minotaur, also it has many minion cards, as does every school. I almost forgot to mention that myth has earthquake which can render you totally defenseless and strip away all of your blades that you spent time and pips to get. Death has life steal especially with juiced up wraiths that can heal them 1000+ as well as gloom and doom, sothey can still heal a decent amount of damage via life drain and everyone else who hasnt studied theurgy is stuck with pixie that heals only 200 now after gloom and doom. Ice has it's incredible defenses and multiple shields as well as much more health than any of the other schools. So that is why there is nothing wrong with judgement, it's just balance's ace in the whole, just as every other school has one, and sometimes multiple. See KI aimed to make this game balanced, so every school was unique and had it's own abilities, which is why they eliminated enchanted treasure card trading, so people cant cast spells outside of their class(except for those you can train or buy in the library) So stop complaining that you think that the school of balance is getting better treatement, if you slow down and think about it all schools are treated equally with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I agree, it is hard to defend against Judgement. I have a level 29 balance wizard and I win almost every time. Unless I'm up against a death master- since they damage and heal at the same time, and I only have a 50% shield against them.

I'll tell you how people have managed to survive hits by my balance. They use two different towers (one is a treasure, the other learned from ice school) and/or they use at least one absorb (from life school or amulet) and sometimes two (treasure). Weakness helps as well.

Good luck, I know how ya feel. Whenever I see that I'm fighting a balance wizard on my storm grand, my initial reaction is "Oh, great....." LOL

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
ok i think that balance wizards are very hard to beat and that judgement might(is overpowered with there buffs and traps)but that is one of their only good spells so yea and somethings about balance that i dont think is fair
1.they get free elemental blade and trap also spirit blade and trap so they get more spells cause they dont waste training poins on it.
2.that they dont have to waste space or training points on shields because they get for free and they get three shields at a time so they shield on everything and WE cant shield on them beside tower which is still not very helpful.

so yup so when i go to pvp against balance i just discard until i run out of cards because i know i will loose or it will take forever.

oh and on the person who said they cant kill one shot with vampire wraith skeletal or anything well i can easily i actually beat a death grand in my level 31 because i so here is what i use might help
1.I spirit shield and trap
2. curse and feint
3.death prism
4.death trap and death blade
5.and i again curse and feint.
and i always hit always above 5 thousand with my skeletal when i no its gonna be tough so try this and your gonna be aweosme in pvp :D

Survivor
May 18, 2010
you are right balance is a pain but there are many ways of making jusgement weak, ie tower shields and weakness, but my advice to you is dont tower shield until they have put blades and hex on you, or even better feint let them think you dont have tower then ween you see the pips building tower shield and weakness, because everyone knows they cant take the shiled off without losing all boosts as balance boosts work on every school, so that way you will ba making the judgement a lot weaker then it should be. if they still carry on and try to kill through the tower they obviously have feint if this is the case use a treasure tower as well as the normal points trained tower as they both work and makes jusgement a heck of a lot weaker. hope this helps

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
Umrag wrote:
Well, now your "problem" has been solved. If you go on the Test Realm, Mildred Falseer will have a Balance dispell. Aren't you glad? (sarcasm)

well they dont have the dispel now so hah in your faces jerks like fire they have all these powerfull spells we only have judgement and hydra only to good spell but power nova isnt that good really not in 1v1

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
simonshaw wrote:
you are right balance is a pain but there are many ways of making jusgement weak, ie tower shields and weakness, but my advice to you is dont tower shield until they have put blades and hex on you, or even better feint let them think you dont have tower then ween you see the pips building tower shield and weakness, because everyone knows they cant take the shiled off without losing all boosts as balance boosts work on every school, so that way you will ba making the judgement a lot weaker then it should be. if they still carry on and try to kill through the tower they obviously have feint if this is the case use a treasure tower as well as the normal points trained tower as they both work and makes jusgement a heck of a lot weaker. hope this helps

Makes it weaker yet still one shot kills...

So it really doesn't matter if they kill you over by 1000 or not. One more point than your total health is all it takes.

Balance with feint can easily kill most people in one shot even with a tower shield up.

I was one shot killed with an absorb, tower and the balance guy weakened.

This is fair to the balance people I guess.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
dont really know what to say i am balance and i dont really think she is that power full and every one chill about balance being weak

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
stevo12 wrote:
Umrag wrote:

well they dont have the dispel now so hah in your faces jerks like fire they have all these powerfull spells we only have judgement and hydra only to good spell but power nova isnt that good really not in 1v1

KI was very smart in not putting the Balance dis spell in the live game. It would have made the school of Balance much more stronger. Stop and think. Most everyone from other schools relies on a few balance school spells: tri-blades, tri-traps, reshuffle, weakness to name a few. Sorcerers would have been able to spend one power pip to severely slow down all other wizards. And if someone cast a dis spell on a Balance wizard, he/she would just cast a blade or something, and even if it were a judgment card, it would just fizzle, all pips remain and they will draw another one real fast anyway.

To sum it up, the balance dis spell would hurt all other schools more-so than the school of balance

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
AGAIN!!!! Quit complaining about judgement and use one old word that beats armies and beats card games!

STRATEGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
Here is an idea. Learn to defend yourself, even if it means you have to use some treasure cards. Be a skilled player, don't QQ about it being it to powerfull because you couldnt defend yourself. kthxbai :D

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
lol judgement quest was not difficult to solo you dont even have to fight you can walk around the boss and take the box thats what i did lol

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I was one shot killed with an absorb, tower and the balance guy weakened.

Quit trying to PvP at level 30 with 1200 hit points and zero resists then.

I hear Mooshu calling.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
charlescave wrote:

you need strategie and it is your fault you let him save up pips and didnt choose balance as your school

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
WarlockWiz wrote:
I played a fire wizard all the way to grandmaster and decided to start over with a balance wizard (mainly to get the house items and to try it out).

I completely agree with everything Dridsuzy has stated. The balance wizard is not that strong at all and if you want to beat one just use tower shields when dueling.

Hydra spell is not that great at all either.

Here is my suggestion to you. Why don't you try playing a balance wizard and I think you'll soon realize that they are not a strong character in the game? I had a real hard time trying to survive until I finally got the judgement spell. (Which was a difficult quest to get doing it solo.)

Oh yea, let's not forget to mention what a wonderfully weak minion that the balance wizard gets.
if you create a balance wiz you'll see what that what every balance person wants is to get judgement or power nova if you see i'm balance storm and life judgement does not need to be banned from the arena, Destiny lifeblossom level 41

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
I just think it is kind of unfair and there shield dont have cost a pip

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
If you can name me any other shield that costs a pip, your argument can be validated.

Not a second sooner though.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
possumman14 wrote:
If you can name me any other shield that costs a pip, your argument can be validated.

Not a second sooner though.

Well do they have any other trap or blade that costs a pip? Wind storm does because it gets all and blade storm does because blades to all. The three blades and traps cost one pip so The elemental and spirit shields should cost a pip too. And just a question. Why are you just specifically replying to my posts and I am not trying to argue with you. Your just replying to my posts in specific. There is nothing I can do if you are.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Because your arguments are pathetic. It has nothing to do with you specifically. I'd respond the same to others who also have pathetic arguments.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
possumman14 wrote:
Because your arguments are pathetic. It has nothing to do with you specifically. I'd respond the same to others who also have pathetic arguments.

i guess you just come on to the message boards to call people pathetic. doing very good job with it too.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Yup, I'm guilty of not sugar-coating anything. I call a spade a spade.

If you complain about balance, you're noob - plain and simple. There are too many others who have given legitimate strats against balance, but people would rather get whipped by one and come here to whine.

They're all in my crosshairs.