Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fighting Malistare

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
When I am fighting Malistare, I never get my Storm Shirt, and I fought him many times. This is really annoying me. I just wonder if you can fix it, or find a way that I can share my Malistare shirts with my other files. :?

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
I have the same problem. I have fought Malistaire about 15 times now. My ice wizard has most of his items, but nothing yet for my storm wizard, I keep getting the wrong school.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I know how you feel, I have tried Malistaire around 35 times during the past five days and I never got my Balance Tunic. KingsIsle this is so not fair all my friends got theres the first time they tried and I still after 35 times keep failing to get my Tunic of Torment. If something is not done to better help the chances I may consider quiting Wizard101. The rareity of the items is so high its hard for us to get the robes, and I should add its not fair to see other people get it before there Grand or there first time.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Sigh, KEEP TRYING! Its all about luck! I ahve found if you play your cards right, ( Finish him with YOUR school spell! ) You have a higher chance of getting it! I dont farm malistare, well because i am not there yet :-P! But keep trying, and keep this in mind :-)

Blake LionFlame
LVL 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Um, no finishing him with the spell of your school does not give you a better chance of getting the robes for your school; otherwise I would have recieved my death robes on at least 10 of the 20 total runs I've done of Malistaire(and still don't have the death robes.) :-(

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 13, 2009
to tell you the truth i fough him one hundred times i never got my robe i fought him alone and with friends i never got my storm robe it is kinda stupid to see one of my fire friends getting it and i get there robe and he says i wish we could trade robes but we cant i think you guys should change the system like if somebody get somebody else robe from malistare you should be able to trade so it will be like to here you go now give me mines that would be the best idea in the world for wizard 101 i hope you guys do change it because i am getting very mad that i still have not got my robe

grandmaster of storm level 50
my name is luke moon if you see me around say what up

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
yes i agree malistare's equipment should at least be able to be auction enabled for that we can trade them among our fellow wizards.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
same with me i get a hydra tresure card each time i battle him! i have boring robe my friends are calling me a poor wizard who cheats with hydra

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008

i wont go into how many times in the last six month i have fought mal for my ice robe, but i agree with the being able to trade or sell other school robes you recieve from mal, a sorta grandmaster or level 50 shop for people who have finished the game and not recieved thier school robes. just food for thought.
Arthur iceweaver
50Th Lv Grandmaster of Ice

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I have only fight him 3x, but I got my robe the first 2x that I did. The third time I got something else. Don't remmeber, think it was the Storm robe or a level 50 Death ring. Can't remember for sure. Anyway.. guess I was lucky right off the bat.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
Survivor
May 14, 2009
Wow from what I read from everyone's post seems I got lucky with my Ice robe. I wasn't even farming for it, I was just helping a friend who was looking for it and I got it . Lucky me, seems I have more luck with clothes then with the wands I want. :-(

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
Well, for the ones that wanted his balance and fire i got both of them by fighting him WITH a balance and fire wizard on my team, as for me, i keep trying to get his Life robe, no luck, sadly, i asked someone and they said,"You must be a Grandmaster to get his life robe" is that true?

Respond as soon as you can!

Steven SoulGarden, level 45 master theurgist!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
My Life guy got his robe the first run, my storm guy got his robe after two runs.

My better half has a Death and Balance GM, and we have run Malistaire countless times and she has gotten neither of her robes. It is crazy.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
i fought mallistaire and i got the balance robe (tunic of torment) and got it on my first try!

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
tbuczek wrote:
My Life guy got his robe the first run, my storm guy got his robe after two runs.

My better half has a Death and Balance GM, and we have run Malistaire countless times and she has gotten neither of her robes. It is crazy.

When your life guy got his robe was he a grandmaster when he got it? cause i have tried around, a lot and didnt get it.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Here's a thought; how about we get our robes once we hit level 50?

This would solve several complaints that I've seen listed on the Message Board.

1) Fighting Malistaire till the end of time to get the robe: Problem Solved

2) Actually getting something for reaching level 50: Problem Solved

3) If you have reached level 50 before fighting Malistaire you might
actually get to use the robe!!!!

4)Saw the announcement today that for us level 50 folks there will be no "Level Up" worlds, quests, etc. this summer: Peace offering to the die hard players / problem solved

5) Crate of chickens at the end of a boss battle: Problem solved? or at least easier to accept.

Thoughts anyone?

Wolf - Level 50 DEATH

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I don't think there's a level requirement for the robe. My son is a level 43 fire wizard, and he got his fire robe the first time he defeated Malistaire. Meanwhile I'm 50, and I've defeated Malistaire many times -- no robe.

Also, the robe Malistaire drops has nothing to do with which spells you cast. I've gotten the storm robe twice, and nobody in the group used a single storm spell.

Survivor
May 05, 2009

Guess I didn't explain myself that well.

I wasn't saying there is a level requirement for the robe.

I was suggesting making a level requirement, and taking luck out of the equation.

That way everyone gets their robe once they hit level 50 no matter how many times they have fought Malistaire.

Maybe keep other items as Malistaire drops. Except the crate of chickens.
Put those back in Colossus Boulevard where they belong!!!!

By the way I've only fought Malistaire once and got a very nice Balance Robe. Too bad I'm a DEATH WIZARD!

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
:? I will soon face Mal, for first time and after that if I do not get things like others I wont be hanging round Wizard 101 for long. I have worked hard to get here at this point, and if chickens is all I will get, then I will move on down the road. When you work hard there should be a reward, I have done the work, I wait and see what the reward will be.
Time and effort put into something is no laughing matter, so I will laugh all the way to a new game if I continue getting chickens like one player.
And yes there should be a shop for Grands to buy what they can not get from their efforts.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
:D Food for thought. I fought him 13 times just to get my robe.I am Grandmaster Necromancer. On the seventh trip I got really lucky and recieved Storm hound.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
northfranklin wrote:
Well, for the ones that wanted his balance and fire i got both of them by fighting him WITH a balance and fire wizard on my team, as for me, i keep trying to get his Life robe, no luck, sadly, i asked someone and they said,"You must be a Grandmaster to get his life robe" is that true?

Respond as soon as you can!

Steven SoulGarden, level 45 master theurgist!

No, not true.
I was a Level 49 master Theurgist when I got my Purgatory Coat from Malistaire on my 3rd try.
Good luck! :P
~Amber Pixiefountain
Catch me around :P

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
RavenSidhe wrote:
:D Food for thought. I fought him 13 times just to get my robe.I am Grandmaster Necromancer. On the seventh trip I got really lucky and recieved Storm hound.

:O
Is that the Storm Hound you buy with crowns at Zeke in DS for an incredibly unessesary ridiculous price?

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
when i first fought Mal. I got my life robe, the next two times I got storm robes, reading these post makes me more and more in support of a Grands store. I hated to sell these robes but did becasue I have no use for them but know others would.
I hate to sell things I know other players are trying hard to get. just added frustration wanting to help others and not being able to.
Should there be a Grands Store and perhaps the articles there be sold on a point system where you have to earn the robe instead of buy?
I am sure the game directors could figure a way if they wanted.
What upsets me is I know out there someone has my items they dont need and I will not get.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
man i have fought mal about three times and i got nothing i evan killed him with one shot with colussos its easy all you need is a ice necklace that gives you traps and you need to be in ice school and your second school needs to be death you need to use ice trap necklace ice trap dome thing for ice that does plus thirty five then elamental blade and elamental trap ice blade o ya and you need a hex you can get from zeke at wc its worth it i am still working on getting it stronger up to twenty to thousand for hundred sixty and mind you you need some ice trap treasure cards to seal the deal good luck i have ben trying to get a robe that gives me the colussos but nothing