Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Parties in your houses

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
I think that you should be allowed to throw parties in your houses. You could invite your friends and they could battle you and play multiplayer minigames. I also think that while the wizards are off having there party that your pets should wander free around your house and do whatever they want while your party goes on. You should also be able to trade other items like acceseries to your friends for gold or other acceseries. Just consider the fact that it would make the whole housing thing a lot more enjoyable.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
I think this is a major issue actually.

Currently, the castles and houses expansion is nice but it does not allow you to *DO* anything. It's pleasant to look at things for a while but it gets old fast.

Here are some ideas that should not be _too_ hard to add:

* Items that provide displays (like a fireworks fountain, torches that expel minor ghosts to wander around, etc.).

* Wearable items (wands?) that allow the caster to:
- Produce an extended particle effect (in a house zone only).
- Summons a "Party" creature that will run around doing something.
- Expels small party prizes to surrounding people. These can be small items and using this effect costs crowns / gold. Think "candles" or small portraits or some such. Using this effect costs gold so basically the party host (or party guest) will have to spend crowns to give nearby people a "Gift".
- "Party Favors". Items that are dispensed from a vending "machine" that give people who run around the house a particle effect. I would vote that this could last a limited amount of time but *would* be something that could persist between zones. "Stocking" the vending "Machine" would cost crowns / golds. Party favors would be "Lore" items (you can only have one at a time).
- "Dueling Tiles". Allow the owner to tile an area with a dueling circle and then have a item that will summon a custom creature to fight. Stocking this item with "Custom Creatures" costs crowns / gold. Monsters in this type of duel should be exceptionally strong and "Smart", dropping unique loot (not necessarily powerful lot) and clothing.
- Music Players. One per house. Allows the host to play custom music at their party. Of course, music crystals cost crowns. Not just music, it could be additional sound effects to set mood / etc. Halloween sounds anyone?

The above things can be added naturally to the current game and really enhance the castles and houses expansion. Something needs to be done because the current effort is a bit static and I predict you'll get a sharp drop off in player interest if nothing is done.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I think i would be kewl to have an arena. Like in the small Mooshu house, you could put it in the underground tunnel. My house I the large mooshu) is a little to small for what it costs, but there (if they would) build an underground place like the first mooshu house. Then make an arena there to duel your friends. Then others for other houses. Another idea is to have excess pets roam around you house like ... well pets. Here are a few more ideads.

* House Themes - buy a set of furniture to put in a room of your house.
* Rent - let other players rent your house for like, 100 gold coins a day.
*Crown items for gold - Like equipment put the crown items for gold crowns so anyone could buy them, it just might cost a little more.
*Setting - Adjust what time of day it is. This would make lights in certain areas glow. Maybe aven add a season setting to contoll snow, bugs, or tree color.
* Emotions - at your house you could make emotions for the wizards to express instead of going like x sighs x, x growls x, ect.

These are just some ideas I have.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
MrNiceGuy wrote:

Currently, the castles and houses expansion is nice but it does not allow you to *DO* anything. It's pleasant to look at things for a while but it gets old fast.

* Items that provide displays (like a fireworks fountain, torches that expel minor ghosts to wander around, etc.).

- Expels small party prizes to surrounding people. These can be small items and using this effect costs crowns / gold. Think "candles" or small portraits or some such. Using this effect costs gold so basically the party host (or party guest) will have to spend crowns to give nearby people a "Gift".
- "Party Favors". Items that are dispensed from a vending "machine" that give people who run around the house a particle effect. I would vote that this could last a limited amount of time but *would* be something that could persist between zones. "Stocking" the vending "Machine" would cost crowns / golds. Party favors would be "Lore" items (you can only have one at a time).
- "Dueling Tiles". Allow the owner to tile an area with a dueling circle and then have a item that will summon a custom creature to fight. Stocking this item with "Custom Creatures" costs crowns / gold. Monsters in this type of duel should be exceptionally strong and "Smart", dropping unique loot (not necessarily powerful lot) and clothing.
- Music Players. One per house. Allows the host to play custom music at their party. Of course, music crystals cost crowns. Not just music, it could be additional sound effects to set mood / etc. Halloween sounds anyone?

The above things can be added naturally to the current game and really enhance the castles and houses expansion. Something needs to be done because the current effort is a bit static and I predict you'll get a sharp drop off in player interest if nothing is done.
n

nice like it but like you bye a manster and put it in your house? LOVE it and also i would have have a zone to let them walk in so it would not be a street type plzce and lastly have signs to say like lvl 1-10 and have mosnters made for that lvl

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
I would rather have items that do something other than entertain or look cool. What i mean like is some magical item that restores mana when you walk through it, or something that every hour gives you 10 gold if you activate it. Or maybe a random treasure card giver, soda machine, petting zoo?!?!?. To sum this up something that helps you with battle,recovery or just something that actually is fun other than fighting.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I think it would be cool to place unused pets that can wander and old equipment around to display too. Kinda like placing old favorite costumes on a mannequin, and wands and athanes at least on walls or tables.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
Yes, the idea here is that houses are not just static displays but customizable "dungeons" where players want to visit to experience cool dynamic content. I know it's more work for the poor programmers but I think it's essential to keep interest in the game.

I like the wandering monster idea except it's hard to design custom walk paths and fight circles. It'd be a lot of work for the development team.

A custom tile would work like the crystals do in dragonspyre, where you touch one and it sucks you into a fight with a boss right away. Not as much work.

The recharge mana idea is really good. Especially if the portal slowly builds a charge again. It could handle maybe 4 people max before needing an hour or so to recharge. This could let a "Rich" player recharge his party's mana at his house.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Alex1646 wrote:
MrNiceGuy wrote:

n

nice like it but like you bye a manster and put it in your house? LOVE it and also i would have have a zone to let them walk in so it would not be a street type plzce and lastly have signs to say like lvl 1-10 and have mosnters made for that lvl

cool ideas and maybe besides that be able to buy some sort of game like pin the tail on Malistere or something? ( ) and the idea for music is cool but have like 3 or 4 music cyrstals that you could buy with gold, i LOVE the idea of haveing monsters in your house in a special area and the idea of invites and party favors are cool too.

Autum Thunderflame Level 16 Pyromanther (soon to be a house owner)

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
There are some REALLY great ideas here!

I liked the idea about putting unused items (including pets, athames, wands, and clothes) on display. The free roaming pets is awesome too. And music, and the mana recharge thing. The only problem is the fact that this could interfere with business at the Fairegrounds. Except for maybe since you would need potions for long instanced levels that you can't exit from for long, no one would want to really play mini-games if you can simply teleport straight to your house and get a mana/health refill. These items would either have to be really, really, really expensive or can only be used an X amount of times before you need to buy a new one. Or, like someone above me said, you could recharge them.

And you could have little vending machine-type things that would allow the owner of the home to aquire some money. The owner would be the one to stock it with party favors or treasure cards, and their friends could pay a small gold amount such as 100 gold and get something. Maybe there could even be a very slim chance that you get a super rare clothing item or powerful treasure card.

The monsters roaming in a certain area would be difficult. I think that it should come as an area roped off. So for instance, at the store I could be a Clockwork Minion, which I can then place in my house. It should simply stand still in the middle of a roped off area. Then someone can go inside the separate area and battle it.

Someone mentioned renting houses; I thought this was creative. It would nice to be able to just rent a house if you want to have a quick party, especially if you are a lower level but want to see a upper-world house.

An idea that I believe would really contribute to the popularity of castles and lands is adding mini-games to your house. I guess it is kind of contradicting what I said before about business in the mini-game fairegrounds going down... this would only increase the speed of which that happens. But if you could pay gold or crowns to get a tile that has one mini-game in it. Maybe they can even be unique mini-games that you can't find in the fairegrounds, ones for 2 to 4 players for a party.

I know that these would really make the game much more fun and would attract newcomers to the game.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2008
Survivor
May 03, 2009
Why buy just houses how about at higher levels you would be able to purchase other types of buildings.

School
Dungeon
Arena
Park
Lake
or my personal favorite-> ZOO!

Maybe add in a Safari Activity to try to nab cool and unusual animals.

Xeno

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
I really like the idea of putting things on display. It would be really cool to go to someones house and see some of the stuff they earned. In an other post i read someone talked about having a boook and putting treasure cards in it. That would be cool, and other people could look at it and offer you cards and trade. It would also be nice to trade accessories like clothing items, pets, wands,daggers, and amulets. It could reallly keep a house from getting boring.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2008
My favorite suggestion here is buying additional land pieces! Like at level 18 you can buy a small hut/house/tent thing that has, oh I don't know... a swimming pool?

Then at level 22 you can start buying more land. So like if you bought a smaller house, Ex. Desert Camp, you can buy more land or even buy more rooms for your house!

Hero
May 02, 2009
MrNiceGuy wrote:

I like the idea of all of these, but I don't think that they should cost crowns though. Since most people don't have enough crwons to buy crown items (like me), and some people can't afford crowns, I think that they should only cost gold.

However, there could be a "Crown Spewer" that gives all the players around it(including the host), let's say 30-100 crowns every half hour to an hour.

Still, Great Ideas. 8)

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I agree. I've had my friend throw two "parties" before. Although it's fun in the beginning seeing all the people just running around it gets boring. Dueling and mini games would be cool.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
blizzard705 wrote:
on the add they show a person riding a dragon why can't we?

You can, :D
Once you reach Dragonspyre accademy, you are given a series of quests to become a Dragonrider. Becoming a Dragonrider is how you reach Malistaires Lair for to final Instanced area, Dragonriding is so cool!! But, you have to do the quests to become one.

It is the Absolute Coolest part of the entire game even though it only lasts for about 10 seconds. It is Truly, Truly Awesome!!!

jdrain
Multiwizard member

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i think wizard101 houses should kind of like runescape, you can interact with furniture like you can sit in chairs, fight in combat rings, train on dummies. why not in wizard101? the furniture is nice but the main thing that disappoints me is that its useless. i'd love to let my pet roam free, or sit on my bench by the waterfall or charge some stuff with my oberlisk... but i can't. this is the only major update that housing needs. other than this, kings isle did a great job with houses and castles.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
blizzard705 wrote:
on the add they show a person riding a dragon why can't we?
lol you can it's in dragonspyre in the acadamy... it brings you to the room with the great spyre.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
If you have alot of pets you can put them in a place where all your friends can see them. Like a zoo. and in dragonspyre i saw when you become a master crafter you can get a carousel it would be fun to ride it.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Xenobias wrote:
or my personal favorite-> ZOO!

Maybe add in a Safari Activity to try to nab cool and unusual animals.

I really like the ideas you had! I would love to have a petting zoo area, where friends or I could interact with my unused pets, or a safari area outside my house where with a lot of work, we can catch new ones.

Combine this with the idea of letting our pets grow somehow, say feeding them 5 days in a row to get to the next growth level, without skipping, or doing quests to achieve it. Doesn't have to do anything, but if they did add cooler spells as they grew, that would add interest in buying them.

The idea of minigames is cool too. I wouldn't add "crown spewers" as crowns is what pays for the development of the game, so some of you can play free. Unless of course it came with a paid account.

It would be fun to have items placeable like furniture, that if activated like a wooden chest, make things happen and/or port the player to an instance of a duel/safari/quest. Or just port you to another room in the house. Say, outside to your zoo, or to your crafting room from the study or bedroom.

I would like to see pets more interactive. They are pretty useless and boring as is, unless you subscribe to a third party magazine. I already subscribe to the game, something fun should happen for paying for it, such as the pets actually start giving cards (as in participating in battle) or give advantages or grow, something fun!