Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being Falsely Reported

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
Um, so I just got a pop up thing saying that I was being reported and to remember that we can't use inappropriate or foul language. I hadn't even SPOKE to anyone for at least a half an hour, and when I talk to people, I am NOT foul. Is there any way to let the admins or whoever know that I was NOT being inappropriate?

And after it said I was being reported I had another pop up that said "Accept Level as your friend?" which I totally didn't understand because it didn't have anyone's name.

I just want to now how to go about making sure that I am not getting in trouble for something I DID NOT do.

Sarai Dragonstone
Lvl 46 Ice/Storm

Administrator
We review each and every report. If nothing inappropriate was said, you have nothing to worry about.

It is important to remember that we take false reporting just as seriously as we do using inappropriate language.

As for the "Accept Level as your Friend" that is a bug in the Friend Request function, as we're working on eliminating those erroneous messages.

Thank you!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
foul language is not the only thing you can be reported for though. Not saying you did anything wrong.

I have personally reported people in the past for trying to give out personal information while in open chat. Some try to give out phone numbers while others try to give out where they live. This is a game that a lot of young children play as well as young adults play. We just need to keep that in mind while we are chatting in the open for everyone to see.

Again, not saying you did anything wrong in order to get reported. I'm just stating that I have seen and reported people for.

I also agree there should be a better way of reporting people. A way to show why they are being reported. Also some in game Admins wouldn't hurt. Someone that can check each report and maybe watch for a while to see it with their own eyes. Just about every online game has them. Either they are paid employees or they are players with separate accounts or just a certain char they log into for this job. They aren't paid as a normal employee is they are paid in a subscription. Each game is different but most of these people have to play the admin for so many hours a month in order to receive this benefit.

I'm sure we will see more and more changes for the better the longer the game is around.

Good Luck

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
I totally get what you are saying. And I wasn't doing any of that :D Believe me. I am an adult and I know the risks of giving out your phone number and/or address. But I totally get what you are saying.

My thing is, I was running around in DS and hadn't even SEEN anyone for at least ten minutes and hadn't talked to anyone in about thirty and all of the sudden I got that little pop up thingy saying I was being reported. I was like, HUH?

And I agree with the in-game mods. I would proudly volunteer for that!

Sarai Dragonstone
Lvl46 Ice/Storm

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Ok, I was in a 1v1 pvp match, and my opponent killed me, but I didn't die. Is this a known bug? Because she reported me for hacking/bugging the game, and I did nothing.

Explorer
May 24, 2009
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:
Ok, I was in a 1v1 pvp match, and my opponent killed me, but I didn't die. Is this a known bug? Because she reported me for hacking/bugging the game, and I did nothing.
in the arena you die but then yiu have full health when the battle is over. if that's what happened

Hero
May 02, 2009
Helios713 wrote:
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:
in the arena you die but then yiu have full health when the battle is over. if that's what happened

I think that this is a bug because it happened to me a couple weeks ago.

It's where it says that your defeated, but your really not, so it's kinda like your invincible and can't be defeated. The only problem though is that you can't use any spells, but only wait to be truly defeated by the opponents. :?

So in my opinion that is a bug, and a wierd and rare one at that. :?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
Vestakia wrote:
Um, so I just got a pop up thing saying that I was being reported and to remember that we can't use inappropriate or foul language. I hadn't even SPOKE to anyone for at least a half an hour, and when I talk to people, I am NOT foul. Is there any way to let the admins or whoever know that I was NOT being inappropriate?

And after it said I was being reported I had another pop up that said "Accept Level as your friend?" which I totally didn't understand because it didn't have anyone's name.

I just want to now how to go about making sure that I am not getting in trouble for something I DID NOT do.

Sarai Dragonstone
Lvl 46 Ice/Storm

someone ask me to be there friend so i did she wanted to trade cards but i did not want to then Um, so I just got a pop up thing saying that I was being reported and to remember that we can't use inappropriate or foul language. and when I talk to people, I am NOT foul. Is there any way to let the admins or whoever know that I was NOT being inappropriate?

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
scottr72 wrote:

I also agree there should be a better way of reporting people. A way to show why they are being reported. Also some in game Admins wouldn't hurt. Someone that can check each report and maybe watch for a while to see it with their own eyes. Just about every online game has them. Either they are paid employees or they are players with separate accounts or just a certain char they log into for this job. They aren't paid as a normal employee is they are paid in a subscription. Each game is different but most of these people have to play the admin for so many hours a month in order to receive this benefit.

I'm sure we will see more and more changes for the better the longer the game is around.

Good Luck

Just so you know, AOL was sued for that exact thing. Only paid employees can do anything to folks. To suggest they do what another company had been sued for in the past makes me wonder.
I'd also like to point out there are folks wandering around, they go to the busy areas and they are employees. So keep your eyes peeled for them.
They don't have a big sign with arrows saying I'm work for this company, it's like a badge.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I think being false reported isn't right. I am reported at parties for nothing. I was once reported for quiting a trade. The kid said give me hydra or my dad will track you down and kill you. I was scared. should i worry?

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
stone333 wrote:
someone ask me to be there friend so i did she wanted to trade cards but i did not want to then Um, so I just got a pop up thing saying that I was being reported and to remember that we can't use inappropriate or foul language. and when I talk to people, I am NOT foul. Is there any way to let the admins or whoever know that I was NOT being inappropriate?

If you read Gamma's post above you'll see your answer. They review every report, and if they falsely report you they will get in trouble, or even banned.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
The text entry box is too small to give the whole story in some cases. I've tried to report someone who was harrassing another player in many ways and there was not enough room to write.