Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It would be nice!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
It would really be nice if this game offered a way to communicate with friends when you miss each other online.

Now that we have a home can you please have a mailbox where we could send each other mail. it doesn't have to be long letters and you can still apply your screening. The word count could be limited.

But it would be nice to be able to tell them things set dates to quest together or just say hi.

Also i would like for homes and FRIENDS to assigned to the account not the individual wizards its hard to add old friends to a noob wiz.

And if you could make a way for use to be able to give house presents that would be nice. i visited a friends house and would have loved to given her something I was dropped that she would love in her home and i would never use.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Yep I agree with all of this! ( He he my firne would have all my stuff and my house if we COULD give presents ) Look into this KingsIsle!

Blake LionFlame
LVL 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I wholeheartedly agree!
In-game mail would be a wonderful thing. Don't really have anything else to say about it since it speaks for itself. Just do it! :)

An account based friends list would be incredibly handy as well.

Since the majority of the game is realistically only available to subscription players, KI could simply make each of these functions part of a subscription plan. After-all, you have to admit it would take *somebody* there behind the scenes some time to code all of that. Meaning, *somebody* has to get paid. Therefore, it stands to reason that KI recoups their time by making it a part of paid service. I have no idea what to charge. Maybe 500 Crowns for each service for each account?
I don't know. Something reasonable or the majority of people would just do without it. It would make it further attractive to everyone to even include Non-subscribers. They could still benefit by *receiving* in-game mail and being added to somebody else's friend account but simply wouldn't be able to perform either function themselves.

The whole giving people gifts idea sounds nice but that brings up the whole item exchange thing that KI seems unwilling to enter into.

In the majority of free-to-play games the players have the option of setting up their own item sale shop. Or at least access to a server-wide auction house. If you start letting people give gifts then you open the floodgates to everyone who would want to sell/trade items as well. Not that I think that is necessarily a bad thing. It's just that with this games targeted market, I imagine KI wants to avoid the hassle of having kids swindling each other and then demanding moderation when they get burned.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Mailboxes have been around since the days of MUDs amd MUSHes (ie, the old text based games that the current generation are based on...about 20 years). The coding for such mail was relatively simple and including in this game shouldn't be much of an effort if they just look at that older code and bring it to this generation of game.

It would bring other issues, like too many cards, it would probably slow down the character if linked to it, etc. And spamming might be difficult, along with the fact that it would have to work on something other than a name as many have the same name...have to be friends list based, etc.