Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Could someone please explain to me........?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I have a level 20 Pyromancer and I have the card "Steal a Charm!" What exactly does that card do because I see no use for it as of this moment? Thanks in advance for your response with this question.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Charms are spells like Fireblade. You can steal one from an enemy with Steal A Charm.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Yes, the person above explained it quite well. You steal the last positive (meaning no weaknesses or anything like that, thankfully) blade that was put on the target. Comes in handy, I'm sure. Ice wizards have one that is like it, except they steal positive shields instead.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Ok I understand that but what type of charm exactly do you steal? And what exactly does it do per se? Besides stealing a charm.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I am not sure how much more clearly it can be stated. Your enemy has a charm on them, such as a bonus to damage, a bonus to fire damage, a bonus to accuracy, a bonus to heal amount, etc. They cast it on themselves in a previous round.

Now you come along and cast your Steal a Charm spell on them, and it removes the charm from them and puts it on you instead.

If you still don't understand the the point of it, then don't use it.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
If you use this card on an enemy that say has a life blade on it to power its next attack, you will take the blade and add it to your wizard. First the enemy now can not benefit from the blades bonus to its next attack and secondly, if you use a life based attack spell, your spell will be boosted as well.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Ok thank you that makes much better sense and I know now how to use it better. I had thought a charm was a defense thing or something like that but now I understand it better. Thanks again.