Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon Queues perhaps?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Situation: Ever since I started playing Wizzy101, the game's been slowly teaching me how to survive the ever more challenging battles. But as I started my way into Tomb of Storm, I've started realizing that soloing boss fights and some low-difficulty dungeons were making my head hurt quite a bit. Even after I got the judgment card and started Marleybone, I watched myself, more and more, waiting at the front door of some bosses and/or dungeons , waiting for a random bypasser to come and make both our lives easier.

Problem: I don't know about the other players, but I, myself, did not have the chance of making "true friends" yet. So far, the only "friends" I've made are those that were in the same boat as I was at the time and did not produce any bounds. Instead, some were kept in the friends' list and some of them use me as a "stepping stool" (teleport out of boredom) or to yell for help.

Also, as I've said earlier, soloing is starting to give me headaches. I know I can tweak my deck for best tactical optimization to nullify nearly all randomness and fight my way into the best set of equipment, but quite frankly, the game did not appeal to me for it's possible "elitism" in the first place.

Possible solution: Today, as I was being a tad bit lazy, I started waiting for a bypasser so we could help each others on a random "instanced" boss in Chelsea. As no one appeared, I started changing realms every 1-2mins to see if I could catch someone also waiting for a lil miracle to appear. Still no one. As the "experienced" mmorpg-er that I am, I started thinking of a little idea KingIsle could implement if it goes according to their main plan of the game.

The idea would be a simple add-on to the banner which shows once you step on the sigil of a boss/dungeon entrance (the one inviting the player to press X to enter). A second option could be added to this banner, inviting the player to press another key (Z?) to enter a queue for this particular entrance. By choosing the queue, the player would be asked how many more players he wishes to wait for before automatically going in. The queue itself would be shared through all realms for better efficiency. The player would wait on a different colored sigil until more players from any realms also decide to join in the queue and activate the battle/dungeon.

Well, here goes nothing! I hope some people will read this and share their own inputs on the matter. By doing this, perhaps we can make a lil' light bulb appear over the dev's team head.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
I have to agree with this idea. I have even thought this a few time myself.
They could make it like the pvp system that way while waiting we could go clear up a quick side quest or two. I do have quite a few really good friends on Wizards, but there had been times that they were not on and I needed help, andhad to wait for that passer by or just wait a couple of hours until one of them got on. If this could be done it would be really really great thanks.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
A system to find other players to group with would be a welcome improvement, but do make sure that people can opt out. Someone who wants to do an instance solo should be able to do so.