Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talk about Double Standards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I visit the message boards quite often and i have read that the upper level wizards complain about people porting to them during a battle, or jumping in a battle and then fleeing, leaving them to battle the extra enemy that appears. I for one have had that experience.

The other day, i had one of my initate wizard in marleybone battling burglars. The next thing i noticed that there was an upper level wizard standing beside me, and i thought oh cool, she can help me (she was a life wizard). I noticed her pet as well, it was satyr, anyway, another burglar comes into the battle, my health was already half way, can you guess what she did? SHE FLED! Needless to say, i died.

I have to ask this, Why did she flee and leave me to die. I was very upset by this. I just want to say, I now know from experience that the Upper level Wizards are just as bad.

Thanks
Cheyenne Watercaster
Storm Wizard Level 32

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
There are some players who get their jollies doing this...an evil streak coming through loud and clear. They are for the most part younger children (or acting like such) and you have to forgive them their lack of maturity.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I agree its just a mean streak that we all get from some of the wiz with nothing to do.

Usally i just flee if I can to catch up with them and ask.

One time someone joined me and i guess at the same time their parents told them they had to go so they left. I am hoping this was the case.

There are times when some go on and don't do anything hoping just to finish a quest without having to do the work. you never know.

But I understand your not liking it one bit.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
One: If friends are doing this to do you, warn them. Don't take that type of stuff. Politely suggest to always ask before porting. I am a high level Death Wizard and do not take that stuff, specially when doing boss fights when I like to solo.

If they do it a second time simply remove them or ignore them. I know it is harsh, but there are many people who play this game, and even more that would love to have a polite mannered friend.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
one way to stop this kind of behavior is to invoke a punishment for fleeing.
like in the arena you cant join another battle for 15 min if you flee.

as far as porting to me, people on my list do that kinda stuff one time then they are off my list.

i dont just add anybody to my list and over time i have built a list of friends that are respectful players and we have a blast.

i have more of a problem going back and jumping into battles and everyone getting mad cause i kill all the monsters in one shot.

or snotty grandmasters that are stacking traps and blades that get real irate when you join their battle.

al in all people it is just game. play and have fun.
if you run into nasty playrs change realms and have fun!!!

valdus
master of ice

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i guess i am a snotty grandmaster even though i am not grandmaster yet because i am balance and the only way i can defeat high level enemy is to stack swords and traps then someone jumps into battle and start flinging spells without even looking at the situation first then i die because they don't want to help me they just want the drops and experience from jumping in at the end of a battle and not working for it

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
kar185 wrote:
I visit the message boards quite often and i have read that the upper level wizards complain about people porting to them during a battle, or jumping in a battle and then fleeing, leaving them to battle the extra enemy that appears. I for one have had that experience.

The other day, i had one of my initate wizard in marleybone battling burglars. The next thing i noticed that there was an upper level wizard standing beside me, and i thought oh cool, she can help me (she was a life wizard). I noticed her pet as well, it was satyr, anyway, another burglar comes into the battle, my health was already half way, can you guess what she did? SHE FLED! Needless to say, i died.

I have to ask this, Why did she flee and leave me to die. I was very upset by this. I just want to say, I now know from experience that the Upper level Wizards are just as bad.

Thanks
Cheyenne Watercaster
Storm Wizard Level 32

I don't think it's surprising to see this behavior from any level however, is this the only time a high level wizard has done this to you?
Truly you are correct in your point any level wizard is capable of this bad behavior.

Thanks,
Oran Jade Hunter

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Golme27 wrote:
kar185 wrote:

Thanks
Cheyenne Watercaster
Storm Wizard Level 32

I don't think it's surprising to see this behavior from any level however, is this the only time a high level wizard has done this to you?
Truly you are correct in your point any level wizard is capable of this bad behavior.

Thanks,
Oran Jade Hunter

i found a person a day later, we just happened to be in the same place, but i was my higher lvl wizard, close to the same as thiers that fled. i started a conversation about random noobs doing that and they told me that when a noob did it to them they went and did it to another noob. we had made friends by this point in the conversation i told them i had to go switched to my lower lvl and used the r button to tell them i was the same one they had done it to the day before and that it was noot nice to spoil my fight just because someone elses was rude to them. i am not using any names, but you know who you are and i hope you have learned a lesson and yes i did intentionaly deleat you