Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the lowest level anyone has soloed Malastare

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
I have managed to complete all the worlds early. Ive been skipping alot of quests that are not part of the main story line. I almost always soloing(i had assistance in Big Ben). I reached Dragonspyre at level 38 and noticed the conciderable incrase in difficulty and had to do some back questing and boss grinding to get myself to 42 to get other much needed spells. Now Im level 44 and about to complete the Obsidian chest quest. So it looks like Ill be facing big M at 45. Has any one else achieved this SOLO?(at a lower level or the same)
Im a Death Wizard, so my surviability it very high. I dont plan on facing him with out being able to equip the gear I've been colecting throughout Dragonspyre. To those who doubt you can do this I say U can ! Ive defeated all previous boss encounters simply by stopping to set up my deck for defending agaist the proper schools of magic and or adding prisms when i face those of my own school. I demolished the Jade Oni at level 38 and then began my MooShu boss farming for gear to move on to Dragonspyre.

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
slyfox23 wrote:
I have managed to complete all the worlds early. Ive been skipping alot of quests that are not part of the main story line. I almost always soloing(i had assistance in Big Ben). I reached Dragonspyre at level 38 and noticed the conciderable incrase in difficulty and had to do some back questing and boss grinding to get myself to 42 to get other much needed spells. Now Im level 44 and about to complete the Obsidian chest quest. So it looks like Ill be facing big M at 45. Has any one else achieved this SOLO?(at a lower level or the same)
Im a Death Wizard, so my surviability it very high. I dont plan on facing him with out being able to equip the gear I've been colecting throughout Dragonspyre. To those who doubt you can do this I say U can ! Ive defeated all previous boss encounters simply by stopping to set up my deck for defending agaist the proper schools of magic and or adding prisms when i face those of my own school. I demolished the Jade Oni at level 38 and then began my MooShu boss farming for gear to move on to Dragonspyre.

You can't solo malistare no if ands or buts

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
I believe the above poster is referring to the locks. If you want to be technical, then yes, you cannot solo the instance. However, all you need is one friend to help you for 5 seconds, and then you can continue on soloing. Yes, only one, the new mark/recall system lets you unlock with just two players.

As for lowest level, it would probably depend on school, and what spells they need to do so. For example, you are death, which is my main wizard as well. I would find it hard (impossible?) to solo Greater Spyre without at least Feint and Wraith. Especially considering the two draconian guards at the end.

For storm, I'd say as long as they have tempest, they are probably able to do so.

I am not so sure about the other classes.

I guess it also depends on what a successful 'solo' is. Are we talking taking out one enemy, dying, coming back and taking out another, dying, coming back and so on? If so, as long as they have enough cards (and patience) to do 10,000 damage, then anyone should be able to eventually get to malistaire and down him.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I AM LEVEL 38 AND I SOLOED BIG M I HAD MEDALLIONS THAT GAVE ME LOTS OF THE LAST CARDS