Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP spectators request and two other important thi

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
1) I feel the spectators should be able to see the health of the duelers.

I enjoy watching a good duel, but am unable to see how they players are doing, health wise.

2) Also, The primary school should be shown somewhere, like beside the opponents name. If I initiate a match and wait for someone to join, I don't even know what school he/she is from until a few minutes into the match, and spend precious pips protecting against things that aren't needed.

3) Another thing.. lol.
When I am team fighting, and we are chatting to eachother, the chat bubble blocks the spells, and sometimes I end up unvoluntarily passing my turn because I cannot choose a spell. Can we move the chat bubbles to a better location, or put an 'x' on them to close them out.

Thanks

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I second the request to see the players' health when watching a match. Also, the spectator space is too far from the battle area in general, so it's hard to see what shields and blades are being cast.

You can make a chat bubble disappear by right-clicking on it.

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
projster wrote:

I enjoy watching a good duel, but am unable to see how they players are doing, health wise.

2) Also, The primary school should be shown somewhere, like beside the opponents name. If I initiate a match and wait for someone to join, I don't even know what school he/she is from until a few minutes into the match, and spend precious pips protecting against things that aren't needed.

3) Another thing.. lol.
When I am team fighting, and we are chatting to eachother, the chat bubble blocks the spells, and sometimes I end up unvoluntarily passing my turn because I cannot choose a spell. Can we move the chat bubbles to a better location, or put an 'x' on them to close them out.

Thanks

I Wish all of this was done and there should be an option that says

Allow Crown Items

since all high level duelists wear them it's annoying with there huge boosts

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
projster wrote:

3) Another thing.. lol.

Thanks

I love the first 2 ideas, the first one the most. As for the second one, it is great but you should be able to have a pretty good guess by the pet, colors, cards used and health about the person's school.

As for your last request, before getting into any PvP battle just go to options and chose to hide the bubbles. No more bubbles will appear coming from anyone but still you can see what other people say by the text box in the bottom.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
This gave me a great idea! What if there could be an option to actually see the fight in the same manner as those dueling? You would be able to see everything you would normally see just as though you were in the duel yourself, except that in the center it says that you're spectating (or something along those lines) with an button to leave the spectating mode. Also, you would not be able to see what cards the battlers are picking, cause that would create cheating via spies (which i'm sure already exists). With this kind of mode, you would be able to not see the stats of the wizards, but also see the duel from a first person perspective. :-)

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
projster wrote:

3) Another thing.. lol.

Thanks

#1) I agree with this. Especially the Mooshu arena. You are way to far away to see the match.

#2) I also agree with this. Wizards will purposely change their pets to fool people as to what school they are.

#3) This is easily fixed with a right click on the bubble. I do find that if the match has a lot of spectators it can get out of control and you are popping chat bubbles and wasting lots of time.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
projster wrote:

3) Another thing.. lol.

Thanks

These requests are worth repeating. I add my voice to these requests and add that I would like to be closer to the fight to watch. I would also like to have the titles removed from view. In matches of three or more it just clutters the screen. It would be enough to see pvp rank, name and class.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
This gave me a great idea! What if there could be an option to actually see the fight in the same manner as those dueling? You would be able to see everything you would normally see just as though you were in the duel yourself, except that in the center it says that you're spectating (or something along those lines) with an button to leave the spectating mode. Also, you would not be able to see what cards the battlers are picking, cause that would create cheating via spies (which i'm sure already exists). With this kind of mode, you would be able to not see the stats of the wizards, but also see the duel from a first person perspective. :-)

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

This is a good idea as well, made me think of Guild Wars.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

I like your idea, but what I would personally like to hear, is the battle music while spectating. The music I hear while spectating is slow for the pace of battle, and detracts from the entire experience, which is why I dont spectate often. If anyone has ever watched a battle in Marleybone especially, the music is completely unfitting for spectators.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
I can usually tell the Wizards health by their Health Circle.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
projster wrote:

3) Another thing.. lol.

Thanks

i like idea 1, and 3, the 2nd is completly out of the question, it is suppose to be like that so that people DONT know what to shield, making it fair for both sides, all though there is 5 ways to tell what types they are, 4 of the 5 vary, the 4th ALWAYS works. 1- name 2- cloth 3- badge 4- spells 5- not telling ;)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
the 1st idea, i have a built on there should be a little button next to text chat, with the pvp symbol, that you can click and it tells each wizards health and pips, not cards they are using or their types cause wizards with abuse that and get their friends to whisper every move they make to them so none of that

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer
I absolutely love this idea :D