Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The ignore function in friends list - question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
As I am sure you all know, when you choose to ignore someone that choice is permanent. If you hit don't ignore - it deletes them from your list. My question is this - does it also delete you from their list or do they remain there just never lit up? Or do they disappear from your friends list as well? Anybody know? Thanks in advance -

Amanda Shadowbane lvl 50
Amanda Stormweaver lvl 26

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
I'll be watching for an answer on this since no one ever answered my same question a few weeks back on this same subject. I had asked this because I keep getting people popping up on the left of my screen asking for my help or saying supposively funny little things like "I love cherry pie". I go to my friends list and see who they are, mainly because I don't recognize them, and they are not there, but every night that I have played for the last three weeks, I have had at least one, if not dozens, of messages like this pop up on my screen.

Please help us here Professors,

Hunter SilverHeart

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
the short answer yes.

Ignore is usually a way to place people on a list that keeps them from contacting you here it is a more effective way to remove them. Why more, because removing someone who is texting you constantly will only keep them from porting to you (and that isn't written in stone either because i have removed someone who still ported to me)

Ignore will remove them from your list and place them on the ignore list which means they can't even speak to you in normal chat you won't see them and i think vice versa. they can not try to add you again.

If someone is bothering you and add them ignore is the way to go. then change realms.

However, if you just want to ignore the text of someone for a little while you have to just not read and continue to move on and hope they don't port to you while you don't want to be "bothered." or you can ask nicely that they let you solo for awhile and tell them you will catch them later.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Obsidian333 wrote:
As I am sure you all know, when you choose to ignore someone that choice is permanent. If you hit don't ignore - it deletes them from your list. My question is this - does it also delete you from their list or do they remain there just never lit up? Or do they disappear from your friends list as well? Anybody know? Thanks in advance -

Amanda Shadowbane lvl 50
Amanda Stormweaver lvl 26

while you have them on your ignore list you are still o n thier list just not lit up, i found this out when a friend i had on ignore ported to another friernd and they asked why i was not lite on list. when you remove the do not ignoere and are in same room the person stays on your list, but if you are in different rooms then the name go off both list

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I would say yes because when you my friend deleted me accidently then I did'nt see him on my Friends List so, I assume the answer to my Question yes.

In regaurds now and always,
Adam FireRider
Level 26
Oni Slayer
See ya in the Spiral!