Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pips, Decks, and Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
First of all the game is great, but as we all know, even the greatest of things could stand a little improvement. Leftover pips from a battle could provide health and maybe mana, you could have the option to show people your deck, and knowing the last log in time (by minutes/hours/days)
could better help with weeding out "friends" when its time to make room for newer ones.

*As it stands right now pips serve no other purpose than to fuel attack and support cards. They could be updated to provide health and mana when the battle ends, provided that there were any leftovers. Each pip could contribute 50 (100 if power pips) health and 1 mana each. This would help with the lack of health and mana wisps in certain areas. Currently, wizards are provided with 3 (4?) potions that fully restore both health and mana, but when trying to get through level after level with just those makes it tedious when its time to refill them. The minigames are great just not my cup of tea. The refill price is also ridiculous, when considering how often you need to refill.

*The ability to show your deck to another player would help tremendously when teaching a newer player the best way to set up a deck, or setting up for a friends PvP match.

*Finally, being able to tell when your friends were on last would help decide if its time to boot that person off your list for being too inactive for your taste.

Just a couple ideas, tell me if they are dumb or not.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
grieversloth wrote:
First of all the game is great, but as we all know, even the greatest of things could stand a little improvement. Leftover pips from a battle could provide health and maybe mana, you could have the option to show people your deck, and knowing the last log in time (by minutes/hours/days)
could better help with weeding out "friends" when its time to make room for newer ones.

*As it stands right now pips serve no other purpose than to fuel attack and support cards. They could be updated to provide health and mana when the battle ends, provided that there were any leftovers. Each pip could contribute 50 (100 if power pips) health and 1 mana each. This would help with the lack of health and mana wisps in certain areas. Currently, wizards are provided with 3 (4?) potions that fully restore both health and mana, but when trying to get through level after level with just those makes it tedious when its time to refill them. The minigames are great just not my cup of tea. The refill price is also ridiculous, when considering how often you need to refill.

*The ability to show your deck to another player would help tremendously when teaching a newer player the best way to set up a deck, or setting up for a friends PvP match.

*Finally, being able to tell when your friends were on last would help decide if its time to boot that person off your list for being too inactive for your taste.

Just a couple ideas, tell me if they are dumb or not.

I agree with most of what you say and have a little tid bit for you. My understanding is that if your friend becomes a cartoon, other thanhaving done a reload or different computer, that you have not seen them in a month Gamma please correct me if i am wrong

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
You know how annoying it is when someone jumps into your battle and won't attack, but just endlessly saves up pips? Well, you'll get more of that if you reward them with extra health and mana for doing so.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
You know how annoying it is when someone jumps into your battle and won't attack, but just endlessly saves up pips? Well, you'll get more of that if you reward them with extra health and mana for doing so.

haha thats exactly how i think of it becuz several times people just join my battle,dont attack, and half way thru the battle they say "I need more mana" then i do all the work and we both get credit.

-TikiRace1

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Tikirace1 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

haha thats exactly how i think of it becuz several times people just join my battle,dont attack, and half way thru the battle they say "I need more mana" then i do all the work and we both get credit.

-TikiRace1

Yes something Needs to be done about this type of Griefing.
But I have no idea what, because if wizard101 put in a button to kick that person out of the battle,
the extra monster would still be there and also pose yet
another type of griefing by abusing the kick button. Maybe if someone
after three no attacks (when they could have attacked) the game would auto
kick them.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Maybe the threat rating should be huge for the newly entered. You could finish off your foes, wait a few rounds to heal, then when the 'griefer' is almost dead, you build up pips. After the jumper is dead, then you attack?