Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Purchased Houses should grant bonuses to players.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Purchased Houses should grant bonuses to players. I was hoping for some form of enhanced Health regeration. Maybe some Mana regen or blue wisps. Have some of the high end ones in the later stages be able to refill potions or have a mini games access point in them. This "Game Room" in the house could have other things as well such as a teleporter link to your favorite spot in the world.

Lots of ideas being thrown out here. Feel free to run with them if you see something that peaks your interest.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i don't own a house because i don't see any reason too if i got something other than status from it i might buy one, they are expensive like dying clothe and it is only for status if this was truely a family friendly game there would not be economic classes ie people who can afford to buy houses and dye clothes and people who can not. i can barely keep up with what i need let alone having something that does nothing for my characters abilities other then set me apart from the people who can afford to buy a whole bunch of crowns with real world money and pump up there character.

sorry to rant but i think your idea is a real good one

Defender
May 06, 2009
I like this idea. Your house as an alternative to having to brave the commons of any given world. Perhaps you should also have your own 'minigame' location as well?

Defender
May 06, 2009
iampan wrote:
i don't own a house because i don't see any reason too if i got something other than status from it i might buy one, they are expensive like dying clothe and it is only for status if this was truely a family friendly game there would not be economic classes ie people who can afford to buy houses and dye clothes and people who can not. i can barely keep up with what i need let alone having something that does nothing for my characters abilities other then set me apart from the people who can afford to buy a whole bunch of crowns with real world money and pump up there character.

sorry to rant but i think your idea is a real good one

Once you are in dragon spire you will find that gold isn't a big problem, granted it might not be overflowing but it is alot easier to make then at lower levels. As such you will mostlikely end up buying a castle just for lack of things to spend it on. Me personally I end up buying a castle, and zeke's gear with gold (all tan since it is cheaper). I might consider coloring it later, but meh it really isn't that big of a deal to me.

Also to the previous poster I do wish that castles and houses had both types of wisps running around it. That would make it atleast a somewhat useful thing to have other then just simply a gold sink.

Oh and if your curious the cap on gold is 99,999 you can not have any more gold then that. :( you can't give gold to your alts. Really with such a low cap and so few things to spend it on and the fact you can NOT give it to anyone including your own characters I do wish the cap was larger. Although while I am whineing I do wish the repaint shop didn't cost so much to change colors of cloths.