Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Furniture Boss Drops - Are you kidding me??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
HatTrick3 wrote:
Am I really the only one not happy with this..??

Some of us have absolutely no interest in Housing and housing items and should be a feature that can be turned on or off.

If you don't want it just sell it you don't need to complain i mean i am looking for blades i have none and i am level 44 in dragonspyer NOT ONE BLADE
but i am not going online and whining about it.

Defender
May 06, 2009
WizardMaster1995 wrote:
HatTrick3 wrote:

Some of us have absolutely no interest in Housing and housing items and should be a feature that can be turned on or off.

If you don't want it just sell it you don't need to complain i mean i am looking for blades i have none and i am level 44 in dragonspyer NOT ONE BLADE
but i am not going online and whining about it.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, just like you do stating it is a whine. Anyways I do understand the persons frustration I have killed over 40 times one boss just to get my death blade, and i lost count the number of times trying to get my death ring, and I am not looking forward to getting my death deck simply because of the gauntlet run you have to do before you even get to the boss to find out he isn't giving you what you want that iteration. IMO in about 20ish some runs one "SHOULD" be able to get one of everything, not 100+ runs and still not even see one of everything. OF course this same complaint is posted many times in many forms for many items robes, hats, wands, daggers, rings, etc.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Well, I am also a "sword collecter", but every so often its not bad to get furniture! Once i fought Jade Oni and got NOTHING! NO-THING! On Paul FireSword (might know him, seen him) I got EXTREAMLY lucky and got oyotomi's sword, but now i am focusing on my other guy Jack LionWraith,
and REALLY want to trade it over!

KingsIsle, I am asking for you to take off the No Trade option from swords because, as everyone knows, THEY ARE VERY HARD TO GET!

Jack LionWraith, level 23, working on MB, in Helephant realm.
If you see me, tell me you are from forums. Ok. Thats it. Bye. :D

Survivor
Jan 05, 2009
Well personally I don't care for furniture items. I sell everything I get so I am like RICH on this game! I haven't even bought a castle yet! Yet I agree to take out furniture items OUT of dungeons. I did sunken city about five times STRAIGHT by myself trying to get a really awesome item and all I got that was OK was some kind of black wallpaper! It is kind of irritating. Yes you should keep the furniture items in just walk in bosses, but take them out of dungeons! It kind of gets me mad when I am trying to farm a GREAT prize, but all I get is some furniture item. I am sorry, but that disappoints me.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
IMO; DS is were the game stops for many people.

Why because there is hardly no one ever there to get help.
If someone is there they do not want to help for 2 reasons;

A) the quests and battles are a bit too hard with nothing worth anything
for the reward.
B) If you help someone with a quest that is ahead of your current quest
OR behind your current quest it will totaly mess up your quests making you have to redue some to all of them again just to get it straightened out gain.

Dragonspyre, is very confusing the time travel quests turn into a 'quantom leap' fast if you mess it up , more dailog and a game machanic change or too,
would fix it.

What happened to the Storyline?

Why are all the Boss battles now 'Big Ben' type battles, just to be rewarded with junk! in D.S. for?

What happened to the 'posibility' of soloing in D.S.? all the other worlds
can be soloed (thought it is very diffacult to do, it CAN be done)

hope something changes with D.S in the next update.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
narutochanx3 wrote:
think of it like this if you get furniture as a drop you can ether sell it to buy better stuff or keep it to show off to your friends on the game and throw partys with your friends like for instance i got a prison cage and traped my friends in it. so furniture isnt that bad

plz do you remember were you got the prizon cage? i want one so bad but can't find who drops it or were to buy it

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
empirejoshi wrote:
I agree. I went all the way through the great spyre to get fire robe from malistaire and what do i get? I get a crate of chickens!

lol sorry for laughing but you just reminded me of a trip to malistair my friends and i did. A noob ported to one of us, i won't say who D.M. and even after we asked him to leave he refused to he wanted to get a robe to sell so he could buy a house. well long story short he survived, none of us healed him, and he got a crate of chickens. good news now when he ports in and we ask him to leave we just remind him of the chicken drop and he leaves

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
nimbysep wrote:
narutochanx3 wrote:
think of it like this if you get furniture as a drop you can ether sell it to buy better stuff or keep it to show off to your friends on the game and throw partys with your friends like for instance i got a prison cage and traped my friends in it. so furniture isnt that bad

plz do you remember were you got the prizon cage? i want one so bad but can't find who drops it or were to buy it

I once got a prison cage as a drop when fighting Meowiarty.

Defender
May 06, 2009
nimbysep wrote:
empirejoshi wrote:
I agree. I went all the way through the great spyre to get fire robe from malistaire and what do i get? I get a crate of chickens!

lol sorry for laughing but you just reminded me of a trip to malistair my friends and i did. A noob ported to one of us, i won't say who D.M. and even after we asked him to leave he refused to he wanted to get a robe to sell so he could buy a house. well long story short he survived, none of us healed him, and he got a crate of chickens. good news now when he ports in and we ask him to leave we just remind him of the chicken drop and he leaves

The type of behavior that you are describing of this wizard would be more then enough for me to remove him from my friends list. Personally I don't like random ports but can deal with it, but when someone doesn't leave even after being asked to leave well that bugs me enough to remove them. I consider it rude.

As to the prison cage I belive it is a reward for finishing one of the quests in Marleybone. I think from the sergant or maybe it was the street sweeper at least I think thats where I got it.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
empirejoshi wrote:

That same situation happened to me. It shouldn't even be a thought to make a crate of chickens a drop from the current last boss in the spiral. The only exception would be if it comes in addition to the good drops, but just some chickens is not right.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
My brother and I also were farming from Veleska Redwing, but we were actually farming for a furniture item from her. That particular boss drops a headmaster statue you see, and we both really wanted it. We both did not get that item however, but I kind of like furniture boss drops in towers. It gives me more of a challenge. If I got all the things I wanted, what fun would that be? Just an opinion.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
happydoggy10 wrote:
My brother and I also were farming from Veleska Redwing, but we were actually farming for a furniture item from her. That particular boss drops a headmaster statue you see, and we both really wanted it. We both did not get that item however, but I kind of like furniture boss drops in towers. It gives me more of a challenge. If I got all the things I wanted, what fun would that be? Just an opinion.

Ok Where Is Veleska Redwing? ( LOL I forgot)

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
HatTrick3 wrote:

dude I dont think you would of gotten ANYTHING from that battle whatso ever if furniture wasnt there mostly because I dont believe that furniture lessens drop chances :? so if you get only a piece of furniture then um if you had that turned off you would get nothing! plus that probably dropped off her minion :?

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
jowast wrote:
I, personally, like it. It gives me something to farm for now. I had all the best things for my class, and all the swords from DS. So it was getting boring to farm, since there was nothing to farm. It's also nice to have a challenge to get a house item from a boss, whether it's one I want, or, one I don't want. Point is, now i have to work for things i may want for my house. Which adds more fun to the game, compared to it all being handed to you, like in shops.

Besides, it's going to take more than 6-8 times to get the sword from Redwind. It took me three days, and a friend of mine about four weeks. A house item here and there would make the farming more exciting.
i agree on that i want the same thing name niko life giver

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
It should not be removed it fun. I do like the idea of drops of castles. but like 1 percent chance. i just got unicorn statue and cyclopes statue in less than a hour! I am farming for triton and firecat

Survivor
May 26, 2009
I think it would be cool if you get the bosses (furniture) items plus your guys lame swords or wands plus just sell it if you dont want it then you could buy a house witch i really really want so stop complaning

Explorer
May 09, 2009
I collect furniture items so it's not bad to me... but just ONE sword I really want a sword so I can turn into a gobbler and then use it's attack

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
i think they should have a set amount of times to farm a boss for what they have like you could go buy a redwinds sword farming card and after you beat her that many times if you dont get your drop then turn in the card for it i think this would be awesom

Explorer
May 12, 2009
empirejoshi wrote:
Ok furniture does not have an impact on me but ever since i got in DS, i always got furniture. (usually ) Sometimes i would get a hat or boots, but it was always stuff i can't use. I love w101, but can we only get things that we can use? I (at one point lolz) went farming at the jade oni for its necklace, but what i get? ME GETS A BUNCH OF STUFF ABOVE MY LVL AND NOT MY SCHOOL! Ok, KI, you need to only give out things wizards can actually WEAR! PLEASE FIX THIS!

Christo FireHeart Master Pyromancer LVL 42
Chris WinterThorn Apprentice Theurge

In your biggest situations, think of your loved ones, for thier beautiful faces shall give you strenghth.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I personally like the furniture drops. Me and my sister often try to see who has the better furniture.

As for the bosses within the gauntlets...There are 2 other bosses within DS that drops the same as the bosses within gauntlets. I can't remember right off hand and don't have the information available at this time, but i did find the information at wizard101central.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
HatTrick3 wrote:
So....
I WAS farming Veleska Redwing in the Drake Hatchery in an attempt to try and get the Life Sword/Wand to add to my collection as this and the Fire sword are all I am missing.

Well, after going through the 6 - 8 levels of battles, by myself, just to get to her... I get the win and what did I get???

Redwind's Tunic of Tornados? No
Redwind's Shocking Ring? No
Redwind's Cap of the Chill? No
Redwind's Boots of the Boastful? No
Redwind's Blade of the Forgotten? No

Redwind's Viridian Blade? Dfinately Not!

All I received for my trouble is a Clawed Wall Sconce... Are you kidding me???

Furniture drops from Bosses, especially in towers that require multiple battles just to get to them has got to be one of the worse ideas ever.

Please continue random furniture drops from mobs and bosses that do not require anything but walking into a room, no problem...

But PLEASE discontinue the furniture drops from these type of bosses. If it was a House or Castle then maybe I would not be so upset, but a clawed wall sconce, really???

Christo Deathgiver
Master of Death, Drake Rider and Savior of the Spiral

If you think that's bad... I just got a crate of chickens from Malistaire. Seriously!

-Steven Smith, Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I got a rock one time from a boss battle in DS. Felt like Charlie Brown from the Halloween special....

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I just posted a suggestion on this. instead of an on/ off button there should be a selector button to determine percentage of what you want in your drops. I personally like the furniture drops and would like more. peony 552

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
bobtiger wrote:
It should not be removed it fun. I do like the idea of drops of castles. but like 1 percent chance. i just got unicorn statue and cyclopes statue in less than a hour! I am farming for triton and firecat

LUCKY! i REALLY want a colossus statue, and I've been trying to get one since the middle of December 2009, the current date is March 19, 2010, so I've been trying for what,
three and a half months! yikes, anyway if you read this KI, plz note that i battle almost ten times a week, five battles every two days of the week, plz, do something I am going mad!!! :-(

Oran ghost river-lvl forty six-currently trying to lvl up in the crucible so i can get frost giant (or what i call, FROSTY!)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
I agree with the *LAST BOSS THING - ONLY A POSTER* thing.
I have helped a friend with this, and I think this is pretty hard to solo.
I also agree that off/on furniture drops thing. That would be useful.
But then again, what if it was a RARE furniture. It would be good,
but still a little sad you got ONLY that.
I feel like typing a lot o.o.
Anyways, I think that KingsIsle should add the off/on furniture drops. I really need a reason why I can't level up. . Anyways, be happy you got something! I did that boss with a friend (said up there ^) and got NOTHING. NO-THING. Most of the times I can get at least a furniture or something.

meow5555~Kimberly level 45 balance
meow5555~Jennifer Deathsword level 18 death.
*DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF BALANCE*