Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Furniture Boss Drops - Are you kidding me??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
So....
I WAS farming Veleska Redwing in the Drake Hatchery in an attempt to try and get the Life Sword/Wand to add to my collection as this and the Fire sword are all I am missing.

Well, after going through the 6 - 8 levels of battles, by myself, just to get to her... I get the win and what did I get???

Redwind's Tunic of Tornados? No
Redwind's Shocking Ring? No
Redwind's Cap of the Chill? No
Redwind's Boots of the Boastful? No
Redwind's Blade of the Forgotten? No
Redwind's Viridian Blade? Dfinately Not!

All I received for my trouble is a Clawed Wall Sconce... Are you kidding me???

Furniture drops from Bosses, especially in towers that require multiple battles just to get to them has got to be one of the worse ideas ever.

Please continue random furniture drops from mobs and bosses that do not require anything but walking into a room, no problem...

But PLEASE discontinue the furniture drops from these type of bosses. If it was a House or Castle then maybe I would not be so upset, but a clawed wall sconce, really???

Christo Deathgiver
Master of Death, Drake Rider and Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Am I really the only one not happy with this..??

Some of us have absolutely no interest in Housing and housing items and should be a feature that can be turned on or off.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I, personally, like it. It gives me something to farm for now. I had all the best things for my class, and all the swords from DS. So it was getting boring to farm, since there was nothing to farm. It's also nice to have a challenge to get a house item from a boss, whether it's one I want, or, one I don't want. Point is, now i have to work for things i may want for my house. Which adds more fun to the game, compared to it all being handed to you, like in shops.

Besides, it's going to take more than 6-8 times to get the sword from Redwind. It took me three days, and a friend of mine about four weeks. A house item here and there would make the farming more exciting.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
As long as furniture drops don't lessen the chances of other drops, what is the harm to you in having them in there, just consider it more junk to sell.

Now for those of us that like the furniture having to do a 3 hour instance for a chance at furniture kind of bites, but if I want it bad enough I will redo it, like I will for any other items.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
You are preaching to the choir here HatTrick. I am on my second wizard in Chasm in DS, and I got NO good drops in Mooshu. I mean NONE. Farmed Oyotomi and Jade Oni countless times for their sword or Fire Robe(Jade) and i havent even got clothing i cant use. unbelievable... i mean nothing but furniture. So i am with you on this even though you are referring to bosses at the end of towers. By the time my first wizard got to DS i had three swords and great clothes. This time NOTHING. I am almost convinced that since the update and furniture was added, the chance for GOOD drops (NOT Furniture) like swords and good clothes has dropped TREMENDOUSLY. Would love to hear from an admin on this also.

Connor FireBringer
Lvl 46 Pyromancer
Trodding through DS with no good items LOL

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
In reading some of the posts, there is obviously different needs from different Wizards. Someone that has EVERYTHING, it makes perfect sense for them to love the new drops, but there really should be a choice.

All I am asking for is an On/Off button for housing items. That way for people that want housing drops can have them and people that do not want housing drops don't.

I am sure that somewhere down the line I will eventually buy a house and furnish it, but that time is VERY VERY far away for my taste. I would rather fill my starting classroom with 5 GrandMasters (currently on my second wizard) before I even think about any housing items.

Does this make sense??

Dear KI,
Please add an ON/OFF switch for housing items for the players that have no interest in this part of the game.
Thanks!

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
HatTrick3 wrote:
Am I really the only one not happy with this..??

Some of us have absolutely no interest in Housing and housing items and should be a feature that can be turned on or off.

:?
You can always sell the stuff for extra Gold, you know....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 40, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
:?

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
gtippett wrote:
You are preaching to the choir here HatTrick. I am on my second wizard in Chasm in DS, and I got NO good drops in Mooshu. I mean NONE. Farmed Oyotomi and Jade Oni countless times for their sword or Fire Robe(Jade) and i havent even got clothing i cant use. unbelievable... i mean nothing but furniture. So i am with you on this even though you are referring to bosses at the end of towers. By the time my first wizard got to DS i had three swords and great clothes. This time NOTHING. I am almost convinced that since the update and furniture was added, the chance for GOOD drops (NOT Furniture) like swords and good clothes has dropped TREMENDOUSLY. Would love to hear from an admin on this also.

Connor FireBringer
Lvl 46 Pyromancer
Trodding through DS with no good items LOL

I knew that was you before i even saw you name :-D

And I agree.

Sarai Dragonstorn Lvl 45 Ice/Storm

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think they added items and dropped the chances to drop a rare. It was already way too tough to get a sword without farming and they made it tougher. My guess is that the staff doesn't play the game from the same perspective as we who are subscribers. They don't realize that small minor things like enhancing a one pip/85 dam wand to a one powerpip/90 dam sword is a major goal for many. My own opinion is that the Jade Oni should drop a random sword the first time you beat it (for your quest), in addition to the nortmal goods.

I also think household items should drop in addition. Some will say that gives a small percentage extra coins, but that would be a good thing now that we have added a new cost center (housing).

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I have to agree - furniture drops from bosses should be either automatically FREE each time or they should be given as part of completing a quest (which some are). Although I do like to get furniture...... if had a choice I would rather have some other drop like a sword or hat. Especially after working so hard in in instance level just to get to the boss.

Still waiting for an admin reply to this subject.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Bosses dropping furniture items here and there are fine with me. But i would like good gear and swords/wands too. I think there should be a quest giver that gives a sword wand for completing the quest. I am a lvl 46 life character and i have won NO sword wands what so ever :|

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
My own opinion is that the Jade Oni should drop a random sword the first time you beat it (for your quest), in addition to the nortmal goods.

I agree, have the above apply to all of the sword giving bosses.
but have it so the boss only gives out 'one random sword' so all
the bosses who give swords out will now give out a random sword,
there is no 'set' boss anymore for school swords they are all random now,
the twist is; you can not re-attack the same boss and expect to get another random sword, they only give out the one random sword so
you will never get two of the same sword. The game will read what swords you already have, so you will only have to fight each boss once.
You can still farm but you will not get another sword from that boss.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
hey hat trick i think you're right with the on/off thing for the housing items but just sell everything you dont want so you gat more money for clothes at shops if you want them . that way you dont get mad everytime you get housing items in DS.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
HatTrick3 wrote:
So....
I WAS farming Veleska Redwing in the Drake Hatchery in an attempt to try and get the Life Sword/Wand to add to my collection as this and the Fire sword are all I am missing.

Well, after going through the 6 - 8 levels of battles, by myself, just to get to her... I get the win and what did I get???

Redwind's Tunic of Tornados? No
Redwind's Shocking Ring? No
Redwind's Cap of the Chill? No
Redwind's Boots of the Boastful? No
Redwind's Blade of the Forgotten? No
Redwind's Viridian Blade? Dfinately Not!

All I received for my trouble is a Clawed Wall Sconce... Are you kidding me???

Furniture drops from Bosses, especially in towers that require multiple battles just to get to them has got to be one of the worse ideas ever.

Please continue random furniture drops from mobs and bosses that do not require anything but walking into a room, no problem...

But PLEASE discontinue the furniture drops from these type of bosses. If it was a House or Castle then maybe I would not be so upset, but a clawed wall sconce, really???

Christo Deathgiver
Master of Death, Drake Rider and Savior of the Spiral
dont sell that! that is a crown item. 1000 crowns that is thats the death techer pic! you got some thing vary rare! amber bluegem lvl 20 i play on pixie o1 if ya need me

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Adrian Deathsword here!
I think furniture drops are ok, but still...
i've gotten SOME good drops, like i have three swords from ms and one sword from ds, but i've farmed the jade oni for his amulet for like WEEKS, and still no amulet. or i've farmed ivan soulsinger and homonculus for THEIR swords, and nothing. there should be like the automatic sword first time, but make it set so people don't have to fight the same guys over and over again for ONE ITEM! it makes no sense, and i hate it just make it automatic, but set. that would be awesome for swords, and make it greater odds for other items BESIDES furniture. HatTrick, i like what you're saying, but some furniture is cool looking, so yea i agree with the on/off switch. so all in all:
greater odds for GOOD DROPS
furniture on/off switch (but don't make it include quests! they give SOME good items!)
and set automatic swords so we don't fight them over and over again.

That's all i'm asking for KingsIsle
Adrian Deathsword level 47 jade oni pet signing off!
now level 48 with lord midnight wraith pet, death school

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Just sell it for extra cash. I sold my Furniture drops and got loads of cash.

~Adrian Thunderblood, Offical person of the Krakotopia horror banisher's Player Made Clan.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I agree, I keep trying to get Good Drops for DAYS now in DS.

Nothing, NOTHING but Furniture, I sold it all.

(With the extra Gold I did buy the Imperial Palace in MooShu, but still...I already got bored of it)

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
I read all the posts and i find this suprising, I'm the only person in wiz101 whi farmed for there school items BEFORE even finishing the world. (MS, DS, KT, MB) I must have been pretty smart now all i have TO do is farm housing items which is fun and challenging, YAY ME!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
think of it like this if you get furniture as a drop you can ether sell it to buy better stuff or keep it to show off to your friends on the game and throw partys with your friends like for instance i got a prison cage and traped my friends in it. so furniture isnt that bad

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
I get what ya'll are saying about being able to sell stuff, and yeah that's great and all but when you are farming and go six or so levels to get to the boss and ALL you get is a rock chunk or something it gets pretty annoying. Believe me, I have sold plenty of stuff and thats fab, but ONLY getting a housing item gets a bit annoying after a while.

Sarai Dragonstone Lvl 50 Ice/Storm
Sarai Dragonheart Lvl 15 Storm/Death

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Yes, I just did that Tower, solo and it was a little maddening to just get a piece of random furniture. It was really hard to complete.

That said, I do like furniture drops, just more from the mobs, not bosses like you said.

Kaitlyn Ashflower, lvl 50, Fire, [storm and life as secondaries] currently in the Forum battling Undead and looking for Father Drake

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Guys think about it, if the boss dropped only things that you'd want pretty much everyone would choose the same thing, and then that item would'nt be very rare so in my opinion i think its a good thing that bosses drop furniture and other items even if it may bge junk.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
I agree. I went all the way through the great spyre to get fire robe from malistaire and what do i get? I get a crate of chickens!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
You guys should try the Labyrinth. It gives good sword drops especially Dean Vladmir Darkflame and the Property Master (i got 100 damage wands from each of them.)
Also there is the Crucible i got a balance deck from there that gives 55 spells and 7 max balance spells and four for the other spells.