Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with deck/cards selection in Fights

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2009
I have been experiencing no problems with the game until today when I downloaded Internet Explorer 8 and now this game is running a little funny. I collect whisps on a delay, and I now load new rooms or entrances much slower than I had been.

My main concern is when I get into a battle the only cards that appear are my spells from that come with the wand I use and one from my necklace or jewelery item that grants it.

The 25 cards from my deck are not available and I can't figure it out. I did switch wands and decks to the level 15 LIFE versions when I went to the new world this morning as well.

So I don't know if it's internet explorer that caused the problem or my new deck. I am going to try buying my old deck and see if that fixes the issue.

I've downloaded the game on my laptop and my desktop computer and have the same issue on both which is strange.

HELP!!!! LOL....

Community Leader
Your deck is empty. You need to fill new decks with cards before they become available.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
When you switched to a new deck, you forgot to put spells in it. The game put your learned spells into your beginner deck for you, but for additional decks you have to fill them. Your gear spells (wand, amulets, etc.) are always put in automatically if you are wearing that piece of gear.

Type "P" to open your deck, and click on the spells you want in the right hand pages. The dots beside the spells tell how many copies of that spell can go in this deck. To take a spell out of this deck, click it in the left-hand page. If you want to add treasure cards too, click gold treasure card icon at upper right and then select treasure cards from the right hand pages. Want to go back to regular spells? Click the handful of cards icon at upper left.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Tipa wrote:
Your deck is empty. You need to fill new decks with cards before they become available.

Tipa is correct.

You can setup multiple decks and switch between them without having to remake the whole deck but each must be built including Treasure cards if desired which cannot be shared between decks.

It would be very nice if you could set a name for each of your own decks for easier switching but that is another topic.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
My deck is not empty. It is actually full. I checked that multiple times on both of my computers after logging out and re-logging a few times.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
I run IE 8 with no problem. Check your spellbook (keyboard shortcut 'P') and make sure that you have the spells included in your deck that you want to use.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed?

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
endertrejo wrote:
My deck is not empty. It is actually full. I checked that multiple times on both of my computers after logging out and re-logging a few times.

After the recent updates you may want to check to see that you have equipped the deck. You may not have a deck equipped at all or may have the wrong one equipped. You can now cycle through your decks and view them all without equipping them which may be the source of your confusion.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
that happened to me today on may 16 2009. i had a full deck when the cards did not come up

Administrator
Make sure you've equipped your deck. Just like any other piece of jewelry or clothing, you need to have your deck equipped to use it.

To equip your deck, open your inventory screen by pressing B (for Backpack) - navigate to the deck by clicking on the tab at the top with the deck. Make sure the deck you want to use has a closed hand icon to the left of it, indicating that is the deck you have equipped. If it does not, you can either select it and click the hand icon at the bottom, or double click it.

You can cycle through your decks when you are not in a duel by pressing CTRL-K.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-