Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Rant and Ways to Improve

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I have heard from several people about the free items that are just lying around. I was wondering if anybody knew where they are. I don't even know where to begin looking for them. Any info would be very helpful and very appreciated.

Thanks,
Saffron Ravengiver

Spoilers such as the locations of all the items are something that can be found only on our fansites.

Please go to the Wizard Society tab and select Fansites & Links for more information about these fansites and the information they provide.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I didn't see this from anybody else so please tell me if anyone else had this happen. I have been putting stuff in my dorm cause I was saving for my storm hound. I got him and finally saved for my house to so I stopped in and bought it, the little cottage in WC. However everything I left in my dorm is just gone. In the beta test we had to equip the house and even then it would say that they were putting things in your attic. SO What Happened? I could list some of the stuff I've won over the time but not all of it and you can't go buy most of it. Some of this is from nonrepeatable battles and now its just gone.

*also I agree that things are off balance between crown and subscriber players
*agree with the placing pets in the house and not in the trunk that's pet abuse

Survivor
May 31, 2009
well um i wish i had a new house for more space and a yard,
i think my dark stone tower and storm stone tower are rare,
and i wish i had a yard to put them in. :(
but i dont have much stuff so i dont have to worry about more space yet. :-D
so can you tell me how to get more money and what house that has the best yard.pls.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
natjam99 wrote:
well um i wish i had a new house for more space and a yard,
i think my dark stone tower and storm stone tower are rare,
and i wish i had a yard to put them in. :(
but i dont have much stuff so i dont have to worry about more space yet. :-D
so can you tell me how to get more money and what house that has the best yard.pls.

The MooShu Cottage (15,000) has quite a bit of land. 8)

but small house

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Littleabney wrote:
scheletro wrote:
i think they should let our extra pet rome around our houses that whould amke them cooler

MANY people have suggested this and i agree. They could roam around and ruffhouse with each other and stuff like that :)

so do you think if we get every one together they would do it

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
scheletro wrote:
Littleabney wrote:
scheletro wrote:
i think they should let our extra pet rome around our houses that whould amke them cooler

MANY people have suggested this and i agree. They could roam around and ruffhouse with each other and stuff like that :)

Maybe, KI reads all the post so if we got a big list of people who support it might get there attention

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Pixxy wrote:
nimawai wrote:
I have gotten most of the free items they layed around the worlds.

I have heard from several people about the free items that are just lying around. I was wondering if anybody knew where they are. I don't even know where to begin looking for them. Any info would be very helpful and very appreciated. :D

Thanks,
Saffron Ravengiver

I know that you can get a lava foutain by zeke in DS and you can get a small arched door in one of the shopping district shops and an open book in a boss room you just walk up to it and pick it up with x
Flint ravenflame master sorceror

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Littleabney wrote:
scheletro wrote:
Littleabney wrote:
scheletro wrote:

Maybe, KI reads all the post so if we got a big list of people who support it might get there attention

You might be on to somthing there.But ya its a grate idea to let all our pets that we dont have equept to let run around in our yard and not in a trunk or back pack.I have at least 5 or 6 pets and it would be so cool to let them run around and ruff house with eachother.Maby they could even have little Emoticons to tell us how they are fealing.It might not work but i think that would be a cool idea.

Amanda OwlRider Level32 Life/Balance Wizard

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I really enjoy the housing. I just wish I had more land. I have the cottage, mansion, and the mooshoo palace and I just cant seem to make an actual forest anywhere. I do agree with an earlier post that said Mooshoo doesnt have enough rooms in their place compaired to the Forested Mansion. For it's price, the house is disappointing. My friend bought the big Marleybone house and I love the arboretum! That is a cool looking place.

The best improvements for me would just be more land to put things on.

Thanks

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
BlindingShade wrote:
I liked the thought on having shops...maybe a selling vender type of shop that will allow you to sell back stuff to him. He could be placed outside sort of like a traveling salesman. A traveling sales-turtle to fit with the current theme.

3 ideas to improve the housing experience

1 allow players to form groups in which you can travel from one persons house to another anytime you want without having to port to them.

2 for the idea above let players travel between the houses in the group by means according to how far they are in the game for instance a flying carpet after WC, a ferry like the one to the krokosphinx after krok, a balloon after mb, maybe a flying wagon after mooshu but that is debatable, a dragon for finishing dragonspyre of course, and a viking boat for gh.

3 interactive furniture, i know many people have said this but once again ability to sit in chairs and regain health and mana faster and the same with beds, ability to eat food and regain all health and mana very fast and etc.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
I mainly would love to see some more School themed houses also. So far I personally do not like any of the houses. I finally broke down and bought the large mooshoo house just to put stuff in. Really like to get my money back and save it and wait for some better housing to come out.

Where are the ominous looking multilevel wizard tower surrounded by a dark, spooky forests with fireflys fluttering in the dark? Graveyard to put your gravestones and dead trees and a Tomb with sub room or 2.

Where are the snow covered houses with icicles and frozen lake/water?

Well You get the idea!

But I agree with many on here regarding have some small benefit for buying your house such as the mana/health regen or even floating wisps.

Practice Dueling grounds for you and your friends or even a dummy to practice on.

Access to the bazaar from your house would be cool but I can live with having to run between the shops and bazaar for now.

Paint would be pretty cool too to change the color/look of your house and some items.

Bookshelfs/books need a fix. Books are too large for any of the bookshelfs the bleed over into the above shelfs. Looks pretty ugly.

Pricing between housesize/landsize is pretty odd as some people had mentioned and could use a check!

Roaming pets would be a nice touch to add.

Valkoor Lvl42
Death Dealer!

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
i think rooms could have names, like livingroom or bedroom, that would make decorating easier, plus pet furniture and list of furniture items that would go well in that room. pet furni is a good idea because my heckhound princess dakota would love a plooshie fire pillow. and also, there should be a "default on/off" button in the dorms and houses that would automatically decorate the whole place inside and out with preset furniture items in preset spots. it would make decorating a bit of a gravy train, but you would save a lot of money on furniture and besides, i miss my dorm's mooshu theme. of course it would be optional. PS on the options screen, what does bloom active on/off do?

Survivor
May 25, 2009
In reference to this post, I just knew when I found all the cats in Marleybone that Zeke would give me one. Makes sense because he said they needed good homes. And then I was winning cans of tuna and yarn for them to play with, etc. I was so disappointed when I didn't get a stray cat so I could give it a good home. I guess they will all remain stray and lost.
Smitkal wrote:
Okay, this is just a suggestion to KI. My youngsters whole goal in this game is to own as many pets and treasure cards as he can. It would be fun to make it so you can leave your pets at your house. The ones that you don't have equipped. Idk, have them romping around the yard or something, yes I realize that they would have limited movements but, the younger audience would get a kick out of that, I think.

Survivor
May 21, 2008
ArcanaJayne wrote:
kordach wrote:
I got a book from harvest lord, I got another stack of three from a random street fight in colosus and i got stacked books in chamber of fire. i dont remember what i was fighting in the two street fights however.

Oh man! I've been farming and farming with my main character just to get books and I'll I keep getting is shoes!

I've tried several bosses that are said to drop books. I've fought about a b'jillion fights and still nothing. If it wasn't for a few tradable quest rewards on my lower level characters, my main character's shelves would be empty.

It's weird though, the number of shoes I've gotten. Marleybone, Krokotopia, even WC, shoes, shoes, shoes... :?

I also wanted books to fill up my bookshelves and I bought mine from the Bazaar. Of course, this is only if you have some spare gold--but it's quick!